0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dragonblight Instant Spawn AoE Grinding [72-75]

There's a spot in Dragonblight where you can AoE grind melee mobs very fast.
    That zone is Galakrond's Rest (60.0;32.0), northwest of Wyrmrest Temple.

The mobs you are going to kill are Wastes Digger:

Level: 67-73
    Health: 9,610 - 9,940hp
    Wealth: 15s
    Drops: Frostweave Cloth, Potions and Grey vendor trash.
    Damage: 200 - 300hp/hit

These mobs spawn in less than a minute, making them very desirable for aoe grinding. They also stand close to each other and they don't move while out of combat, making the pulls easier.

There are several spots with these mobs, but you won't need more than one, since the mobs respawn as soon as you finish resting. The one i usually go for is shown on the picture above, on 60;32, because the mobs are closer than on the other spots.
    There are 11 of them spawned at a time here, and you should be able to kill them all in 1-2 pulls. Each mob earned me 800-900 xp at level 74, making an average of 70k xp/h, while looting.

Also, every 10 minutes (3-4 pulls), i was getting one stack of Frostweave Cloth, ~5g in coin drops and a few grays.

Causes for concern:

Wastes Taskmaster - One per spot. This mob is a
    caster, with 8k hp. Even though its not a very strong mob, it can ruin your aoe spells. You should single pull him every time he spawns.

Carnivorous Bite
    - This is a physical dot inflicted by the Wastes Diggers, damaging you for ~216hp every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. The worst part is it stacks 5 times, making it very difficult to aoe if you don't get a safe range from the mobs. As a frost mage, you should blink out as soon as you get your frost nova up.

Other players - This is a minor quest spot, but you shouldn't have problems with other players here, it's usually free.

Rotting Storm Giant - These mobs won't aggro you unless you stand "inside" them or attack them, so don't worry too much, unless you accidentally aoe hit them.

AoE Grinding:

If you're reading this far, you should probably have your aoe tactics, but i'll give you a simple frost mage rotation anyway.

After fully rested and fully buffed (i usually go for
    Molten Armor
    here), mount up. If you feel that your HP is too low, pop up a Mana Shield or Ice Barrier, while still considering your total mana.

After that, body pull at least 5-6 mobs. At this point you can either Ice Block to gather the mobs or just Frost Nova right away. After the mobs are frozen together, blink out, pop a trinket and start your Blizzard. If the mobs escape too soon or the frost nova misses any of them, you can either Cold Snap and Frost Nova again or Summon Water Elemental and freeze them. To finish them off, i usually go for Cone of Cold or Arcane Explosion.

After the pull, you'll have very little time to loot AND fully rest, so choose wisely.

Resuming:

Buff and Rest, Mount pull, (Ice Block), Frost Nova, Blink, (Trinket), Blizzard, Cone of Cold/Arcane Explosion.

I hope this helped, because i love aoe grinding with a frost mage, but finding a good spot isn't always easy. Even if this spot isn't the best place to farm gold or xp, it's one of the best aoe spots i've seen so far in wotlk.

Post some feed back please,
    Cya :wave:

Dragonblight Instant Spawn AoE Grinding [72-75]
    Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats best for mages like this ... is grab the glyph for 60% hp with the 60% mana regen. if the frost nova breaks let them wail on your ice barrier to freeze em.. no mana cost ftw;

rinye's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    70k xp /h ?
    U realise that u get 20k per quest...
    so thats fkin low :O
    Pokerface \O/

andy..'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quite a nice spot, but careful cos they hit hard.

Quado's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repost...

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...ots-wotlk.html

But anyways, your post is well written +rep
    Last edited by Quado; 02-06-2009 at 02:50 AM.

wide's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, i searched for almost everything related to my post and didn't find anything, forgot to search for the mobs' names. i got it a little more detailed, so i think it's ok to keep this up

anyway, thanks for posting that link Quado, i'll check those spots too.