1/7
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horde Loremaster Achievement Help Guide

So I just got my Loremaster Achievement, and I thought I would try and help my fellow horde that are trying for it.

I used wowhead to search for questgivers by zone to get a map with all the questgivers on it also.

This is more of a list of quests that you will not find a "!" for, mostly zone drop items.

I added links to maps with all quest givers in zones. Click the "Show on map" and pick horde to see all the quests givers in the zone.

I first started with Loremaster of Northrend.

This area does not need much thinking to get, just do every quest in the zone and it's pretty simple.
    If you can't get quests in The Storm Peaks, you have to start the chain from a goblin named Gretchen Fizzlespark in K3. Find her at coords 41,81.

The only other zone in Northend that is a problem is Icecrown.
    You will need to do group quests to finish off this area, on any half decently populated server there are always people spamming LFG in the zone.
    Group up, and get them done, a group of 5 can finish the last few quests pretty fast.

Here are some zone drops that give quests in Northend:

Borean Tundra

What the Cold Wind Brings... - Starts from looting Ith'rix's Hardened Carapace from a dead corpse outside Warsong Hold. An event happens every 30 minutes and the Warsong Captain kills the bug. Just watch your chat screen when in the area for an announcement. happens around 43,57.
    Puzzling... - Starts from looting Scintillating Fragment from a Coldarra Spellbinder around 33,28.
    The Spire of Blood - Starts from looting Vial of Fresh Blood from Darkfallen Bloodbearer <The San'layn>. He pats around 87,23 inside Temple of En'Kilah.

Howling Fjord

Gjalerbron Attack Plans - Starts from looting Gjalerbron Attack Plans from Gjalerbron Warrior, Gjalerbron Sleep-Watcher or Gjalerbron Rune-Caster. All can be found in Gjalerbron, around 34,13.
    The Slumbering King - Starts from looting Mezhen's Writings from Necro Overlord Mezhen. he is at 38,13. Take the east ramp outside to get to him.
    It's a Scourge Device - Starts from looting Scourge Device from any mob on the beach around 22,23.
    Stop the Ascension! - Starts from looting Vrykul Scroll of Ascension from any Winterskorn mob around 45,30.

Grizzly Hills

Mikhail's Journal - Starts from looting Mikhail's Journal from Vladek <Wolfcult Initiate> at 36,67 or from a Silverbrook Hunter around 37,69.

Dragonblight

Disturbing Implications - Starts from looting Emblazoned Battle Horn from Icefist around 43,42 or from Chilltusk around 72,29.
    The Flesh-Bound Tome - Starts from looting Flesh-bound Tome from Anok'ra the Manipulator at 25,44, Tivax the Breaker at 24,39 or 26,39, Sinok the Shadowrager at 24,44 or Anub'ar Cultist's around 25,41.
    A Strange Device - Starts from looting Goramosh's Strange Device from Goramosh at 20,58.
    A Letter for Home - Starts from looting Lieutenant Ta'zinni's Letter from Lieutenant Ta'zinni around 32,71.
    The Fate of the Ruby Dragonshrine - Starts from looting Ruby Brooch from Dahlia Suntouch at 47,49 inside the tree.
    The Rod of Compulsion - Starts from looting Torturer's Rod from Torturer LeCraft at 70,72. In the basement of the fort.

Sholazar Basin

There are no quests that start from drops in this zone.

Zul'Drak

An Invitation, of Sorts... - Starts from looting Unliving Choker from a Withered Troll around 17,72.
    Strange Mojo - Starts from looting Strange Mojo from Champion of Sseratus, Priest of Sseratus or Drakkari Snake Handler. Find them all around the Alter of Sseratus(40,41)
    Darkness Calling - Starts from looting Writhing Choker from a Withered Troll around 17,72. (dif. quest from the one above)

Icecrown

The Sum is Greater than the Parts - Starts from looting Dr. Terrible's "Building a Better Flesh Giant" from Apprentice Osterkilgr in the Underhalls at 34,36. Entrance to The Underhalls is 32,32. Go till you are at a T intersection go right. Follow both sets of staircases down.
    Jagged Shards - Starts from looting Jagged Shard from a Spiked Ghoul around 34,68.
    The Grand (Admiral's) Plan - Starts from looting Note from the Grand Admiral from an Onslaught Raven Bishop around 9,38.

The Storm Peaks

Armor of Darkness - Starts from looting Dark Armor Plate from a Stormforged War Golem around 30,45.
    The Refiner's Fire - Starts from looting Slag Covered Metal from a Stormforged Iron Giant around 71,60.

Once friendly with Son's of Hodir you can do the following:
    Everfrost - Starts from looting Everfrost Chip which spawn randomly on the ground in the area's you do the Son's of Hodir dailies. Also used to raise rep, here is a map of the spawn points.

A quest for Engineer's only:
    SCRAP-E - Starts from looting SCRAP-E Access Card from a Library Guardian around 38,43. Pretty sure this one does NOT count for Loremaster, but might as well get it well you are in the zone.

From here on out, Low Level Quest tracking is a must.
    Click on the magnifying glass on your mini-map and click to track low level quests.

After Northend I headed to finish off what I needed for Loremaster of Outland.

Like Northend, this area was very easy.
    here are some quests that you will not find with the mini-map:

Nagrand

I'm Saved! - Involves saving an npc at the nessingwary camp.
    The Howling Wind - Starts from looting Howling Wind from Dust Howler, Storm Rager & Living Cyclone in the zone.
    Murkblood Invaders - Starts from looting Murkblood Invasion Plans from a Murkblood Invader. Found along the road west of Garadar and along the road by the Consortium camp.

Blade's Edge Mountains

Damaged Mask - Starts from looting a Damaged Mask from a Fel Corrupter around 70,33.
    Did You Get The Note? - Starts from looting Meeting Note from a Wyrmcult Hewer or Wyrmcult Poacher around 60,32.
    The Truth Unorbed - Starts from looting Orb of the Grishna from a Grishna Falconwing, Grishna Scorncrow, Grishna Harbinger or Grishna Matriarch around 40,21.
    Thunderlord Clan Artifacts - Starts from looting Thunderlord Clan Artifact from Bladespire Raptor, Bladespire Shaman, Bladespire Brute, Bladespire Champion or Bladespire Cook. All can be found around 40,49.

Hellfire Peninsula

Decipher the Tome - Starts from looting A Mysterious Tome from an Unyielding Knight around 55,79.
    Avruu's Orb - Starts from looting Avruu's Orb from Avruu around 25,75.
    Vile Plans - Starts from looting Burning Legion Missive from Razorsaw around 64,31.
    Crimson Crystal Clue - Starts from looting Crimson Crystal Shard from a Raging Colossus around 18,45.
    Missing Missive - Starts from looting Eroded Leather Case from a Marauding Crust Burster around 48,40 & 48,66 or from a Tunneler around 33,60.

Netherstorm

Abjurist Belmara - Starts from looting a Belmara's Tome from Abjurist Belmara <Kirin Tor>, turn in at a bookcase at 55,86. Note Killing this and the following 3 mobs does not affect your Kirin Tor rep.
    Cohlien Frostweaver - Starts from looting Cohlien's Cap from Cohlien Frostweaver <Kirin Tor>, turn in at a foot locker at 55.87 its in a two story house on the bottom floor.
    Battle-Mage Dathric - Starts from looting Dathric's Blade from Battle-Mage Dathric <Kirin Tor>, turn in at 57,87.
    Conjurer Luminrath - Starts from looting Luminrath's Mantle from Conjurer Luminrath <Kirin Tor>, turn in is at 56,88.
    The Horrors of Pollution - Starts from looting Vial of Void Horror Ooze from a Congealed Void Horror around 54,43.

Shadowmoon Valley

Illidari-Bane Shard - Starts from looting Illidari-Bane Shard from Overseer Ripsaw around 22,36.
    Entry Into the Citadel - Starts from looting Primed Key Mold from Smith Gorlunk around 67,36.
    The Journal of Val'zareq: Portends of War - Starts from looting The Journal of Val'zareq from Val'zareq the Conqueror <The Crimson Sigil> around 52,57. Pats around, pretty easy to find.

Terokkar Forest

Cabal Orders - Starts from looting Cabal Orders from Cabal Skirmisher, Cabal Spell-weaver and Cabal Initiate around 36,57.
    Ishaal's Almanac - Starts from looting Ishaal's Almanac from Talonpriest Ishaal around 69,79.

Zangarmarsh

The Count of the Marshes - Starts from looting "Count" Ungula's Mandible from "Count" Ungula around 33,58.
    Drain Schematics - Starts from looting Drain Schematics from Steam Pump Overseer, Bloodscale Overseer or Bloodscale Wavecaller around 63,40.
    Withered Basidium - Starts from looting Withered Basidium from a Withered Giant. They can be found all around The Dead Mire in the north-east of Zang.

Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms & Loremaster of Kalimdor coming soon!!!

Hope this helped somebody out there, I know it was a pain getting it done.
    Last edited by Sensisativa; 01-20-2009 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Updated
    "A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better"

These ads disappear when you log in.

Sensisativa's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/7
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100 views and not one comment, guess that's alright, rather be average than bad lol

Doesn't help that I put it up around 3am.

Academico's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting for Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms & Loremaster of Kalimdor.
    ty for this guide!

Badboy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow THX i needed a quest that drops from icecrown and u just pointed it out for me... thx heaps

Sensisativa's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/7
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your welcome, glad I could help.

I will have Eastern Kingdoms & Kalimdor done shortly.

ps. 16 quests till I have 3000 Quests Completed and get my Seeker title.

edit- got my Seeker title.
    Last edited by Sensisativa; 01-20-2009 at 08:07 AM.