Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 Tips and Tricks that can make you WoW life easier

10 TIPS AND TRICKS THAT CAN MAKE YOUR WOW LIFE EASIER

Warning: if you are an advanced player some of them may be common sense for you, but please don't flame and say "Common sense!" or "Epic fail!". I just want to help beginners and intermediate players as many people do (this section is full of beginners guide).

1) Finding more players for a group quest can be REALLY hard sometimes. How many times you spent hours looking for a healer and/or a tank for a 5-man quest? Well, instead of spamming "LF tank and healer for ** quest name **" every 5 minutes, just say "Any tank or healer here that wants to earn 10 gold fast?". You will immediately get tons of whispers like "How?", "Sure!", and so on. Just say that you need help for the quest and they will usually accept. After it's done you can pay them if you want, 10 gold are nothing (if the quest is a Northrend one you will get your 10 gold back when you deliver it). But remember: sometimes they just leave group and forget about the gold! Don't pay them unless they ask you.

2) I'm sure that you hate people that ignore you. I'm not talking about the /ignore system, but about, for example, Mages and Rogues that don't answer to your Portal or Lockpicking request even if they are near you walking (so you know that they are not AFK). Well, if they don't answer and you are sure that they are not AFK, just say "Oh, sorry, I thought you were a real player... should I report you for botting? ". 100% guaranteed reply. Make sure to add a "" or "" or "" at the end or they can take your sentence serious and simply put you on ignore.

3) Don't spend hours looking for boosts spamming "WTB boost Maraudon 10 gold!". High level players can make 500+ gold per hour, so no one will help you. In addition you will look like a noob begger and, you know, people tend to ignore this kind of players. Just try to find a group or simply ask your guild. A bored guild mate will usually say yes, especially if you tell him "You will get the achievement if you don't have it, and if you want you can keep BOE blues.".

4) Another group quest trick. So, you are alone near the mob you have to kill for a group quest and you see enemy players coming to kill him. The worst thing to do is pulling the mob to steal their kill. I suggest to let them pull him and HELP them. Then, when they are done, try to let them know that you need help. For example begin to jump near the mob or /point him. They will usually help you. Worked for me 5/5 times on a PvE server, but it can work also on a PvP one: not all enemies are going to kill you, especially if you help them.

5) If you happen to obtain a non-soulbond item related to an event (for example Jingling Bell - Item - World of Warcraft) that you don't need, DON'T sell it during the event! Wait a few months and you will be able to sell it for 10 times more. The item provided in my example was usually sold for 20-30 gold on my server during the Winter Veil event, but I'm sure that you can sell it for 300+ gold on Summer.

6) ALWAYS read the patch notes for upcoming patches (you can find them on WoWWiki, WoWHead and even on the official site). If you know what's going to happen, not only you can make a lot of money, but you can even know what classes/specs are going to be nerfed and stuffs like that. This can help you and influence your playing.

7) There is a small trick that nearly no one knows. How many dungeon difficulty there are? Normal and Heroic? Wrong. If you type "/script SetDungeonDifficulty(3);" the difficulty will be set to a third level called Epic. This is NOT implemented yet (you will get an error message if you try to enter an Instance), but it's not completely useless. You can use it to amaze people in your party and, why not, make money. For example you can say "This is a secret difficulty, I will tell you how to set it for 10 gold." or even make a YouTube scam video saying that you have discovered this difficulty with imba epics... use your imagination.

If you scam someone, don't waste time deleting the character and remaking it with the same name several times. This will NOT fool Blizzard logs, because characters are saved by a unique ID (if you know how private server works, well, it's something like the GUID) and not by name. I know that I have said this at least 10 times, but people still continue to say "Delete your character and remake it." in several scam methods. Oh, and the same is for WTF and Cache folder... GMs are NOT able to see them, so don't waste time deleting.

9) If you have low FPS and you don't know which settings affect them, I have a few suggestions:

- Turn OFF Vertical Sync, Full-Screen Glow Effect and Windowed mode.
    - Set Resolution exactly like your desktop.
    - Set Refresh exactly like your monitor.
    - Set Shadow Quality to 1 (it goes from 1 to 4).

You will have higher FPS (then higher performance) and still good quality. If you want you can also lower View Distance and Weather Intensity.

10) Remember that WoW is a GAME. This seems obvious, but many people tend to forget it... I have lost several real life friends because of WoW. Be nice, calm and don't take it too seriously.

Oh and I know that this isn't really a guide, but I didn't know where to post.
    Last edited by Poglia; 01-10-2009 at 11:39 AM.

10 Tips and Tricks that can make you WoW life easier
    erikeightsix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you've lost real life friends ? sadface.....

jaapoor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually like it:P
    +rep

Poglia's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/19
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by erikeightsix View Post
    you've lost real life friends ? sadface.....
    Yes, but for their fault they became too nerd.

Scarecr0w's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erik is the sad one I think - he just had to flame you because he couldn't come up with anything better.
    Sorry Erik, but you're probably the most nolifing, friendless and saddest person here
    Scamming, graphics and downloading of programs.

martinn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool "guide". I enjoyed it, smart thing about that level of dungeon difficulty, havnt seen that before.
    Few typos here and there, including title. But hey, that happens for everyone (including me) tons of times aswell.
    All in all a well-written guide, repped.

-Best regards, Martin.
    Last edited by martinn; 01-10-2009 at 12:39 PM.

mehappy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man this guide is really good. I haven't seen the 3rd duengon difficulty yet and i will try it out :-). yes some was common sense but besides that it was good.

+Rep

Simone11's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice m8 thanks

Hezpadooka's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was actually good common sense if you know what im talking about, not just like go to AH, but stuff then sell for more.

romor24's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice +rep

[Blackstorm]'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is cool +rep

zmxzmx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok whenever i get a person account forlike 1 hour bez idk what im doing wrong in my scaming blah blah blah anyways i look at what they have and i say WHAT A NOOB, whatever ui they use must suck bez. there action bars(ablities) are random,also looks like they don't even use there professions,and they spend gold like they own wow(useally u can tell this if they dont have epic flyer)
    So UI,keybindings,macros,and learn to play your class by watching vids.

jaapoor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zmxzmx View Post
    ok whenever i get a person account forlike 1 hour bez idk what im doing wrong in my scaming blah blah blah anyways i look at what they have and i say WHAT A NOOB, whatever ui they use must suck bez. there action bars(ablities) are random,also looks like they don't even use there professions,and they spend gold like they own wow(useally u can tell this if they dont have epic flyer)
    what are you trying to say here? Because It's full of typo's and mistakes. And from what I do understand it has nothing to do with this...?

Poglia's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/19
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zmxzmx View Post
    I'm not sure if I have understood your reply but I guess you are trying to say "Every time I get scammed accounts I notice that they have a crap UI and no gold.". Well, I have to say a few things:

1) Your reply is a bit bit off-topic, isn't it?

2) Seriously, do you know that UI are client side? You should not be surprised that bars are messed up... you can have the greatest UI in the world with all spells perfectly placed on bars, but if you log from another computer the AddOns and the settings are not the same so it will be all different.

3) If a character has only a few gold it's not necessarily a noob. A character with 20000 gold can be more noob than another one with 1000 (especially because most "rich" people in WoW buy gold online).

4) "Learn how to write a simple sentence in English" > "learn to play your class".

Akkilles's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Guide. Sorry you lost some of your friends to the game. /SadFace

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast