Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How To Set Up A Private Server Using A Lan/wireless Network!!!

Ok, first of all this is completely my work and I didn't copy this from anywhere. THIS GUIDE HAS BEEN TESTED BEFORE AND WORKS IF YOU ARE USING A WIRLESS CONNECTION! IF YOU ARE NOT USING ONE YOU MAY TRY THIS BUT I HAVE NOT TRIED MYSELF! It should still work though. Any way, I'm going to be using UWC repack, wich can be found at rapidshare.

1.Extract the files to either your hardrive or desktop.

2.Open the wowemu folder, this is called INMDB if you are using UWC.

3.RIGHT-CLICK on the wowemu.key file and hit edit NOT OPEN!

4a.You should see something similar to this:
    [host]
    keyver=4
    user=orangevirus
    copyright=Copyright (c) 2004,2005 by WoWEmu team, contact:[email protected]
    counter=http://wad.eclub.lv/wowemu/counter.php?ver=
    server_name=INMDv.xxx
    ws_host=127.0.0.1
    ws_port=8085
    hw=0AD1024D-AC98
    key=TUJB6H-3YP44-GB663-L5BJR-KXLE7-HJU6M-4L4DH-83FZA-Q5F7Z-WZRGS-UBZSY

4b.Now, go under the start menu and select run. Type cmd and it ok.

4c.It should bring up a black box with white text in it. All you need to do is type ipconfig and hit enter.It should show some lines. You should see three lines with numbers at the ends. Copy the number on the first line down on a sheet of paper somewhere.

4d.Ok, now go back to the wowemu.key file. To set a server name, look for the line that says server_name= and after the "=" put the desired name of the server. Then, on the line right below that, it should say something like ws_host=127.0.0.1, change the 127.0.0.1 (or whatever the numbers are) to the number that you wrote down on the piece of paper. If you were to arogant to write it down,lol, just repeat steps 4b and 4c.

5.Close out of that and when it prompts you to save, save. Now double click the .exe named DButil, and click on Exlusive Mode.

6.Now close that and find the .exe that is named DBUtilEx2. You should see a bunch of stuff. For right now just worry about the lines that say Name and Password. Of course, put the desired name and password of your account. Now go down and look for a scrolldown box that says player level. Change this to 6 so that you can have all the power! It apply and close out of that.

7.Now find the wowemu.exe (it might appear as WoWthreader for the UWC) and double click it. THIS PART MAY TAKE A COUPLE OF MINUTES JUST BE PATIANT! If it prompts you about some firewall thing, just hit unblock. You will know when it done when it says:

20:49:26:M:WS:Socket opened TCP port 8085
    20:49:26:M:WS:IO Completion Port initialized, acceptors=6 workers=18
    20:49:26:M:HS:Socket opened TCP port 8080
    20:49:26:M:HS:IO Completion Port initialized, acceptors=1 workers=1
    20:49:26:M:RS:Socket opened TCP port 37240
    20:49:26:M:RS:IO Completion Port initialized, acceptors=1 workers=3

8.DO NOT CLOSE THESE BOXES FOR THEY MUST BE RUNNING SO THAT PEOPLE CAN CONNECT TO YOU SERVER! ALSO AT THIS TIME IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO COPY YOUR ENTIRE WORLD OF WARCRAFT FOLDER SO THAT YOU CAN PLAY ON BOTH THE BLIZZARD SERVERS AND YOU SERVER! THIS MAY TAKE 15-30+ MINUTES SO JUST BE PATIENT!

9.Now, after you have copied your WoW folder, run the hack patch that came with you wowemu or another one if you prefer. Make sure that it is going to patch your copied World of Warcraft folder and not your original folder. When it prompts for a server name it should say something like card.server.name. Just replace that with the number that you wrote down on that little piece of paper from step 4b and 4c and then hit ok. It should go fairly quikly, though it might seem to lock up on executing files. This is normal if it happens.

10.Now, copy the DBFilesClient folder to the copied WoW folder under /data. If it asks for a replacement confermation just hit yes to all.

11.Optional, but but more complicated, go into you scripts folder in the wowemu directory(INMD) and change anyhthing you like! 1 generally means on or yes and 0 generaly means no or off. IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO DO THIS FOR YOU JUST COPY YOUR ENTIRE SCRIPTS FOLDER AND SEND IT TO MY EMAIL ADRESS WICH YOU"LL HAVE TO PM ME FOR! I will edit them for you and email them back!

12.Congradulations! You just created a new public server! To allow other people to play, just have them set up an account at http://your.ip.here:8080. Gratz and ENJOY! I hope this guid helps alot, and I also am working on adding pictures in the near futur to clear some things up! Again, this is completley my own guid that I didn not copy from somewhere, I wrote this guid from my own experiance(and I am experienced) setting up servers. PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THIS IN ANOTHER FORUM! IF YOU SEE SOMEONE BESIDES ME POST IT IN A DIFFERENT FORUM PLEASE CONTACT ME IMEDIATLY!
    Last edited by Chaos Lord; 07-19-2006 at 08:23 PM.
    LFG TO SPAM THE LFG CHANNEL! PST FOR INVITE!

How To Set Up A Private Server Using A Lan/wireless Network!!!
    italyone's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but I think this is posted in the wrong forum. There is a forum specifically for Emu server stuff!! Still a good post (if you're into Emu servers).

amrican93
    Hmm Like italyone said but try look over somethings in this guide!
    Like that you have to go the:
    System32/Drivers/Ect/Host file.
    and write at the last line this:
    <yourip> locahost

jason's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    which uwc repack was this? and can you give the rapidshare link?

Troh's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant get this work i only get this message when i open wow:
    This application has encountered a critical error:
    ERROR #121 (0x85100079) Version Mismatch
    Program: C:\Program Files\uwc\WoW.exe
    DBFilesClient\AreaTable.dbc has wrong number of columns (found 25, expected 21)
    plz help me someone!!!!!