0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How I make Glider Profiles!!

I don’t know if this has been posted, but this is the easiest way that I’ve found to make a Glider Profile.

1. I usually set it up for the type of character I’m going use.
    2. Find a spot that you want to glide at and make sure it is not a place where there are too many mobs close together.
    3. Get killed.
    4. Attach Glider.
    5. Click Waypoints.
    6. Click auto-add way points.
    7. Run to the area that you scoped out earlier (where you died).
    8. Save Profile.
    9. Open Profile, you just saved, with IE or even wordpad and write down the last coordinates.
    10. Continue with “Ghost Waypoints”
    11. Run around all the points you would have on normal Waypoints.
    12. When complete with all “Ghost Waypoints,” save it again.
    13. Now open your saved Profile, find the coordinates you wrote down earlier.
    14. Highlight everything after that and CTRL-C them.
    15. Open MS Word and paste.
    16. Go to Edit, Find, Replace tab.
    17. In the Find what field type in Ghost.
    18. Leave the Replace with field blank.
    19. Click “Replace All.”
    20. You now have your “Normal Waypoints.”
    21. Highlight the Waypoints that are in Word and Copy and paste them into the saved Profile.

This is how I make my profiles, it saves me time and is very accurate with the “Ghost waypoints” because they are the same coordinates!!

Edit: I learned that you only need one GWP to connect to any regular WP. Once it gets to the regular WP then it just runs the WPs. So you don't really need to copy paste and edit. I'm going to leave the first guide there because its good to know, sometimes I'm lazy and forget to switch to regular WPs and I have to use that method.

Better method:
    1. I usually set it up for the type of character I’m going use.
    2. Find a spot that you want to glide at and make sure it is not a place where there are too many mobs close together.
    3. Get killed at the spot you want your profile to start.
    4. Attach Glider.
    5. Click Waypoints.
    6. Click auto-add way points.
    7. Using GWP's, Run to the area that you scoped out earlier (where you died).
    8. Once you get to your body, click back to glider and switch to regular WP's.
    9. Run the area you want to glide and end back at your body!!
    10. Save and happy gliding.

This is easier than my first method, huh?

*Note* You can keep criss-crossing your waypoints if you are in a large wide open space. Then make sure skip WP's is checked!! By doing this you will do different patterns and will take longer to run into the same spot!! If there are people questing by you they will hardly see you run passed the same spot!!
    Last edited by italyone; 08-03-2006 at 11:48 PM.

How I make Glider Profiles!!
    curtghs67's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. here's one for the noob, but its ok

When making a glider profile, DO NOT auto-add WP. You actually want to select each WP you use so you do not accidentally run into objects. second, mark your ghost WP, exactly off of Normal WPs. Make sure you adjust your faction. Most horde use 16, but since I am never going to play alliance I cannot verify the alliance faction #. Do not be stupid and glide for 16 hours straight, otherwise I will for a lock and banish something to kick your arse. Be Smart Play safe. ROFLCOPTER!

italyone's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, who are you calling a noob?
    Second, I've made tons of profiles using my method and I never run into stuff.
    Third, what are you talking about? Since when do you have your Normal waypoints go to the graveyard.
    Fourth, Faction # is for the mobs you are grinding, what mob is 16?
    Fifth, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?

Crazzed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im new to the web site and i have been working my but off at leveling and getting gold. so i am looking into these web sites for help. i this may be a nuwb question but what is a glider is thier a place i could buy cheats and hacks and or exploits or is the game changing to fast to trust a pay site.

italyone's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I would buy would be WoWGlider from wowglider. com, you should never have to pay for hacks or exploits. Most of the pay sites have a lot of the stuff nonpay sites have (like this one). Also most of the stuff on pay sites just contain the same old stuff. I would just frequent this web site and there will eventually be a new hack or exploit that will be on here.

Crazzed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool thanks for the help. im a 47 alliance rogue and my weapons are getting expensive. also in the pay sites they say that they can tell you how to make money and how to get the good gear. are they all full of crap?and how in the world can soem one take my player and hit 60 in 3 days?

italyone's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guides they have to making money are pretty much the same guides on this site. They just say "go here grind (or glide) this mob for x amount of hours, or fish here, sell everything on AH. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. If you are talking about a PL service that gets you from 47-60 in 3days, they probably will use some kind of bot to grind you there or they have staff take shifts playing your toon nonstop for a couple days.

Also, if you have anymore questions PM me, I will be happy to answer any questions. Or ask in the General Forum most of the people on here are very helpful.
    You are not supposed to ask questions in this section.

Sorry Matt or Amedis or any Mod about my post to Crutghs67, I was just offended to be called a noob by a nub!!

Yano's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your method is actually very good. I don't use the same thing to make my own, but I think yours saves more time. Sadly, I like to see my kills as I waypoint, so I know which mobs I'll come into contact with before I run it. Still, your method would be faster. As for the second poster, calling you a noob, frankly, he sounds like a retard. Like you said, wtf is 16? His age? His IQ? I dunno, but there are a helluva lot more factions than 16...

And his method sucks, if he's running into objects he fails at Glider, it's obvious when you run autowaypoint to avoid objects. If he's running into things, he's doing it WHILE he plays, meaning a) He's Autistic (sorry, it's true) or b) He is watching TV...most likely ******

Anyways, good guide, I think waypointing in ghost form is an awesome idea, I'll use it when I have a spot I know my way around but don't have a profile for.

Crazzed...for the gear, I recommend gliding for 12 hour periods in low populated areas farming humanoid mobs with monetary drops. Bloodsail pirates come to mind here. Just get in a boat and stay put. Good chance of blues, filter greys and whites I'd say, you'll probably get 3 silver a kill...not sure kills per hour but lets say 70, that's 2.10 gold an hour, 18-20 gold for 9 hours or so...not bad. For leveling, NO IDEA. I have mine overnight for 15k an hour and manage 2 levels at 48 IF I'm lucky. 1-60 in 3 days is probably doable, with no sleep and pushing a 4th day...but to me it seems iffy even with rotating shifts.
    Last edited by Yano; 07-14-2006 at 10:31 PM.

italyone's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Yano, I apreciate it. I accually check out the spot before I make waypoints that way I know what mobs are there. I usually pull a bunch and let them kill me in the spot where my first regular WP of my "Waypoint circle" should go, that way I have an idea of the area I was checking out and know where to end at!!

Also, LOL yeah this guy is an idiot. TBone is more mature than him and he's 11!! He is probably running the demo mode too!!

Originally Posted by curtghs67
    Do not be stupid and glide for 16 hours straight, otherwise I will for a lock and banish something to kick your arse. Be Smart Play safe. ROFLCOPTER!
    What the hell does "...otherwise I will for a lock and banish something to kick your arse." mean. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Jaktag's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking for this. Good guide man, +rep

btw im new to site, hey everyone

italyone's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaktag
    I was looking for this. Good guide man, +rep btw im new to site, hey everyone
    Thank you Jaktag!! Also, welcome to the site!! We are always happy to have new members.
    I need to edit this though because I didn't realize that you just need a Ghost Waypoint to connect to any regular waypoint.