0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karazhan - Moroes guide.

Let's quit the chit chat and get right to it:Moroes is the Tower Steward mob for Karazhan. It is fairly difficult. Practice and experience will be the key to taking him out.
    Moroes is found in the Dining Hall. He will have 4 adds with him that are randomly selected. It is not necessary to kill all 4 before Moroes, but it is advisable to kill as many as possible and shackle the rest. Current strategy is to kill at least 2 and at most 3 of the adds and the order of which they are killed is determined prior to the fight
    The males are usually melee classes while the females are usually casters. The usual strategy is to shackle the male and kill the females first. If your raid lacks priests, have a Paladin Turn Undead, a Hunter Frost Trap, or an off tank handle the adds.

The fight will consist of 4 of these 6 adds arranged in (my) preferred kill order:
    Lady Catriona Von’Indi: Holy Priest. She heals and has lowest armor and hp
    Lord Robin Daris: Mortal Strike Warrior (this guy can single handedly wipe the party if left unchecked)
    Baroness Dorothea Milstipe: Shadow Priest. She needs to die quick and has low armor /hp
    Lady Keira Berrybuck: Holy Paladin
    Baron Rafe Dreuger: Protection/Retribution Paladin
    Lord Crispin Ference: Protection Warrior

Moroes is not a timed fight in the traditional (enrage) sense. However, he does have the ability Garotte where it will put a 1061 physical damage BLEED dot on a player that lasts for 5 minutes. This can be removed with Stoneform, Blessing of Protection, Divine Shield, Ice Block, or dying. Typically, a raid can sustain up to around 3 bleeders after which the healers will start to feel the strain. It is important to kill Moroes before the bleeding overwhelms the healers.

Moroes will occasionally vanish during the fight. When it reappears it will return to player with the highest aggro. Moroes himself is not exceptionally difficult, but the combined effort of controlling his adds within a short period of time and the increasing urgency of players bleeding all over the carpet makes this fight very intense.

Moroes will enrage when its health falls below 30% and this ability cannot be tranquilized....

(Credit: Somewhere on the internet i don't remember)
    Last edited by Nugma; 04-12-2007 at 10:23 AM.

Karazhan - Moroes guide.
    Demonicmaster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Karazhan - Moroes guide.

I agree but I do not think he is the gatekeeper or Kara. The Opera event is the gatekeeper. But my guilds kill order is:

Lady Catriona Von’Indi: Holy Priest - this goes without saying she heals and also has the lowest armor/HP of the 6
    Baroness Dorothea Milstipe: Shadow Priest - she needs to die quick also low armor/HP
    Lord Robin Daris: Mortal Strike Warrior (this guy can single handedly wipe the party if left unchecked)
    Lady Keira Berrybuck: Holy Paladin
    Baron Rafe Dreuger: Protection/Retribution Paladin
    Lord Crispin Ference: Protection Warrior

We usually do kill two of the 4 and have 2 priests with us so they shackle. but for added protection I suggest once they are shackled have your Hunters Ice Trap them as well so that will give the Priest more time to react to a shackle break if it happens prematurely.
    As long as you can keep his adds in check Moroes is a joke.

Plus rep for posting this.
    Last edited by Demonicmaster; 04-12-2007 at 08:59 AM.

PlayerThree's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The kill order is about right, the MS warrior isn't that big of a deal for my guild, we usaully just keep him in a corner and don't bother killing him until Moroes is dead.

Also, Luffa was nerfed. No longer works on bleed effects from mobs above level 60 since 3/7/07. Sorry.

EDIT: Also, make sure your priests throw around Prayer of Mending, it's really nice for handling the bleed effects.
    Last edited by PlayerThree; 04-12-2007 at 10:14 AM.

Nugma's Avatar Field Marshal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT2: ;P
    DING active user:P
    EDIT: I edited the first post with correct info.
    Tower Steward, adds, Luffa and correct Garrote damage.
    Last edited by Nugma; 04-13-2007 at 01:06 AM.

Newbs_r_us's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that my guild did was Instead of the Healing add we kill the Barroness Shadow priest one. She has a bad habit of coming out of w/e CC, going straight to a priest and doing a giant mana burn, leaving us with one less healer for almost all the fight. Sure pots and thing will help, but Alot less likely for a win ont he boss.

Another thing that could be done is do her 2nd like you planned, but let a rogue tank her for 5-10 sec to get the highest on her agro list so she will run to them if the CC breaks.