0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Powerleveling] SFK with a 70 rogue, video inside

This guide and video will show you how to powerlevel an alt with a 70 rogue in Shadowfang Keep.
    This is NOT faster than leveling with a paladin or a mage. This is a guide for those of us who only have a 70 rogue to work with. You will not beat a paladin or mage at this, but you WILL beat regular questing.
    (Repost search tags: Rogue, SFK, Shadowfang, Keep, Powerlevel, Farm)

What you'll need:

2 accounts and a computer capable of 2-boxing them.
    A 70 rogue and an alt between the levels of 10-25.

First things first:

/startattack
    /cast Hemorrhage(Rank 4)
    /cast Bloodlust Brooch

Copy and paste this macro into your macro collection, replacing "Bloodlust Brooch" with any "poppable" DPS trinket you have.
    I highly recommend you bind it to your mouse scroll wheel (up or down, doesn't matter) and not a keystroke. Let's get Carpal Tunnel from two-pump-chumping it, not spamming keys. It means more that way. :P

How it works:

This macro will pop your trinket whenever the cooldown is up while you're spamming hemo. The /startattack line starts your autoattack on a target without waiting for your hemo to hit if you don't have enough energy to begin the dps cycle. Very handy as you can kill many mobs here with one or two white crits between energy ticks. This increases your dps in ANY situation greatly. If you've been a rogue for long, I'm sure you know about this, but for those who don't here it is.

Be sure to:
    Bring lots of food with you. My alt is way behind the XP curve and he still gets 15k-17k an hour unrested. As with anything, the less downtime you have the better.

My rogue is 20/0/41
    The standard PVP shadowstep build. He wears an even mix of S2/S3, is gemmed for attack power and has the standard PVP enchants.
    Here are his stats:

ATK PWR: 1855
    ARMOR: 3999
    DODGE: 28.01%
    CRIT: 33.68%
    HP: 10.5k

Now, I am by no means trying to brag or show off. I'm sharing my stats with you so that you can compare them to your's and ease your mind or compensate a little before heading into SFK. I pull almost the entire instance in 4 pulls and am out to reset between 9 and 11 minutes. I survive comfortably because I widen my margin of error like Moses and the Red Sea because I top my health off before iffy pulls.

I don't imagine you could do this easily or effectively in greens and/or blues, but I didn't go buy any and slap them on to test it. I also didn't try doing this as a combat rogue although the sustained damage it offers could make bringing down the pulls faster at the cost of less survivability. If you're combat and you try this, let us know how it worked!

My vid will show you how to pull and where you need to stand to kill things so your alt gets XP. I think I've optimized it to be as quick as possible, but if you have suggestions I have an open mind!

Things to remember:

Pop sprint and evasion where my video tells you and only where my video tells you. Use any other cooldowns as you see fit. Ghostly Strike really shines here.
    Place your alt exactly where I placed mine. There is a large pull far away that's going to gimp your XP per hour if he is just out of range. He needs to be in THAT corner and you need to fight in THIS corner.
    In the video, the only buffs I'm using are my DPS trinket and Mongoose procs (and rank 2 Devotion Aura :P). If you're having trouble, bring scrolls, flasks or elixers, use poisons or sharpening stones, drink health pots and try again.

It's easy for me to say it's not hard at all because my gear is decent, but I almost died starting out because I was reckless. I forgot I was a paper tank and not invincible. You CAN be overwhelmed, don't try to make the 4 pulls into 3.

As soon as my guinea pig is level 20, I'll move onto SM. If this video is received well, I'll make more. :]

A few added tips:

If you are an engineer, bring as many Adamantite Grenades as you can. This is a perfect time to use them because the mobs will always be in close proximity around you. This will speed your XP per hour up a LOT.

If you'd like to make gold doing this, advertise! When you're in a capitol city preparing for your runs (buying food and potions, repairing, etc.), post in trade chat that you're selling spots for runs through SFK. You're going to be there anyway and this is one way to make the most of it.

You can charge by the run or by the hour. Just be sure you make it absolutely clear that lower characters do not heal you or generate any sort of aggro while you're in combat and that they stay back until you tell them to move up. Make a macro with a few rules that you can post in party chat and be sure to include that if someone breaks these rules, you aren't responsible for their death. Also make it a point that they'll be wasting their time, your time and the rest of the party's time.

Good luck!

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D1riEG8M30Q&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D1riEG8M30Q&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]
    Last edited by Doomerang; 09-06-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Centered the video.

[Powerleveling] SFK with a 70 rogue, video inside
    iammurloc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol not realy helpful m8, if ur lvl 70 u can pritty much solo shadowfang keep anyway, time is only a matter if u r actually farming, but ty anyway,

Doomerang's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, you can solo just about any of the instances up to Strat/Scholo at 70, but you're still, in a sense, farming something here: experience points. If you get other people to pay you for runs and charge by the run, this also shows you an efficient way to do that. Ideally, you're making gold AND leveling one of your characters quickly. I personally don't enjoy leveling as much as I used to and further dislike Barrens chat, so I came up with a way to kill two birds with one stone. :]

If there's something else you'd like to see, let me know and I'll do what I can.

Rendian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by iammurloc View Post
    lol not realy helpful m8, if ur lvl 70 u can pritty much solo shadowfang keep anyway, time is only a matter if u r actually farming, but ty anyway,
    :shutit::whythis:

In my opinion the post was very well done, good job mate +Rep cookies x2 for you.

Definitly do the later instances.. I have a 70 rogue and a mage, so I don't have to worry about farming on my rogue, but its still fun to run friends through once and a while when I'm bored of the mage.
    Last edited by Rendian; 09-06-2008 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rendian View Post

Definitly do the later instances...
    Thanks for the kind words! At the time this was posted I had already started fine-tuning SM Cathedral pulls to squeeze as much XP an hour out of that place as possible. So far my baby paladin is 28 and not even at 20 hours /played yet. In my personal experience, this is a much better method to fast leveling as opposed to questing.

I'll shoot the video sometime soon and organize as much information as I can before I share it with the community. I do plan on doing these types of videos up to 70, or as close as I can, while maintaining the integrity of the method as a rogue.

Thankfully, this is still the fastest way I have found myself to level, even still now that I'm on the cusp of level 30.

Thanks again!

bladesoul's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unlike the rest of the people here i think it was great expesially for where ur alt still get exp spots thatl rly help thx +2 rep
    [url=https://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=367744] [/

Hanss's Avatar Established Member 8-) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    14/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i actually tried this way when farming for shadowfang. i actually used like 10-15 min shorter time :P +rep d00d!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really glad this helped you guys out! I'm compiling my next guide right now for SM Cath.

well i actually tried this way when farming for shadowfang. i actually used like 10-15 min shorter time :P
    It only take me 9-11 minutes to do this, are you giving time back to the game? :P

outlaw999's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol showing off, nothing to show off.. ur sub spec, ap not even get to 2k.

Alrite guide

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize that. If I was trying to show off I'd go buy PR, get some S4 and then post my stats in "OMG EPICZ" purple.

JoanasGuide's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide man! Tried with my Mage, and it's just amazing how fast 10 - 25 goes by, while doing these pulls. And the alts doesn't even have to move one inch! That's easy boosting. Can't wait for your SM guide, as I'm heading into SM very soon. I'd rep you if I had the power

Edit: Done a few runs in Cath / Arms now, and levels are just blazing by. Level 32 with 4 hours 57 minutes played! With your SM guide, leveling speed will increase by far, as I'm just doing lame pulls and moving my alts all the time.
    Last edited by JoanasGuide; 09-08-2008 at 08:09 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice! I just might have to tackle a mage as soon as I'm done with my paladin. Unfortunately with my rogue, pulls take much, much longer, but I'm glad that you could still take some information away from this guide!

In Cath you'll be moving your alt three times, but he can be moved in the time it takes you to eat and drink so it's not like you're wasting any time. I've been in a bedroom recording studio off and on the past few days but I'll be recording the pulls either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Doomerang; 09-08-2008 at 09:13 PM.

JoanasGuide's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Doomerang View Post
    Very nice! I just might have to tackle a mage as soon as I'm done with my paladin. Unfortunately with my rogue, pulls take much, much longer, but I'm glad that you could still take some information away from this guide!

In Cath you'll be moving your alt three times, but he can be moved in the time it takes you to eat and drink so it's not like you're wasting any time. I've been in a bedroom recording studio off and on the past few days but I'll be recording the pulls either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again!
    Nice! Sounds good man. Can't wait to see it!

+rep for you!
    Last edited by JoanasGuide; 09-15-2008 at 06:58 AM.