Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auction Shopping List/Guide useful!

-----)(Please leave the copyright text intact)(-----
    This post is copyright by the user posting it and MMOwned.com - World of Warcraft Exploits,Hacks, Bots and Guides, where it was posted. You may not copy or reproduce this information on any other site without written permission from both the poster and MMOwned.com

Important!
    Useful tool's/addon's needed for following this up.

(Note all containing are thing's i have either found or put together from personal exp)

Auctioneer Addon. (needed)
    http://www.auctioneeraddon.com/dl/Au...pack-4.0.0.zip

Auctioneer scans the auction hall and records all of the items and their prices into a searchable database for you. This allows you to do two things:
    1) spot items that are listed for too low of a price
    2) buy said items and sell for a profit.

CT Mail (needed)
    http://www.ctmod.net/media/packages/Basic.zip

The CT Mail Mod allows you to auto-open all the mail in your mailbox. Very handy when you are dealing with 100+ emails a day with gold from sold auctions, items to re-list from expired auctions, and items from new purchases.

Lootlink (useful)
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=5608

Lootlink stores clickable links to every item that is ever linked in public channels or on people that you inspect. It is very handy for getting links to rare items to add to your Shopping List.
    Bring up the lootlink window once it is installed by typing /ll (or) /lootlink

Linkeratior (useful)
    http://www.fizzwidget.com/linkerator/

Is a good alternative to lootlink also.
    It keeps track of links that you see, then to retrieve the link you simply type the text version of it.For example you would type [krol blade] and on your screen would actually appear [Krol Blade]as a clickable link.

Macro Key's (useful)

I have the following macro keys set up:
    /auctioneer broker 500
    /auctioneer broker 100
    These will allow you to quickly check for buyouts with a 5 gold, and 1 gold profit respectively, these can be pressed even during a scan and if you see something worth buying you can stop the scan and buy it. (if your sitting at your PC) The number is in silver so 100 = 100silver = 1 gold.

Tip's for Buying/bidding

Run scans as often as possible
    The more scans you run the better your data will be, and the more deals you will find.
    Also scan at non-peak times to find delas that others miss. Scan many times durring peak time if you can because many items get listed every minute.

Bid on Tuesdays before the servers go down
    Get your bid in before the server goes down on items with short or even medium durations left and you will have a better chance of winning them.

Scan late Sunday night/ early Monday morning
    These are one of the best times to pick up some cheep deals because everyone lists all the items they found over the weekend late Sunday night or early Monday morning. Not only are there a large amount of items for sale, but lots of competition so people list their items cheaper undercutting each other. This is great for us because we can buy up the under priced items then wait till a better time to sell them for a profit.

Make offers to people auctioning their items in the trade channel
    If you see a particularly good item in a trade channel that you know will sell well make the seller an offer that is lower than what you know you can sell it for in AH. I usually offer anywhere from 50% to 75% of what I can sell it for depending on the item. Don't waste too much time haggling with them, just make them an offer, and if they refuse don't worry about it there are plenty more deals to be had. Also many times a seller who has rejected my offer will message me some time later and ask me if I still want the item for what I offered because they have not had luck selling it and they just want to get rid of it.

Tip's for selling

Sell on Sunday
    Sunday is by far the best day to sell. For some reason a lot of people do their AH shopping on Sunday. Maybe it's just because more people log-in on Sundays so more items get bought, but whatever it is Sundays are great for selling items. I always have a mailbox full of gold by Monday morning.

Listing fees and durations
    Always list items for 24 hours, the fee isn't that much more, it lets more people see the item, and it makes it so you only have to list the item once per day.

Always use buyout
    Always Always set a buyout. If you don't you will miss out on 99% of your sales. People want instant gratification, and also a buyout scares people into impulse buying because they feel that someone else could buyout the auction at any moment. With just bids and no buyout people know they have hours to think about it and often decide they don't really need to spend all that gold on that item today.

Stack size
    A lot of times I will buy up stackable items either in small stacks or 2 or 3 etc, or I will end up with stacks with like 17 or 18 items in them. This is not the best way to sell stackable items. I use the following guidelines:

In general if you have enough to combine into a stack of 10 or 20 do that because it is a nice even number and people can easily figure out if the price is good.

If you only have a few of the item (like 3 or 4) split them up and list them singly.

Some items are needed in specific quantities for quests or tradeskills; these are the exceptions where it may be beneficial to list them in those quantities. An example is nexus crystals are generally required in quantities of 3 for most high level enchants. So if someone else has them listed for 50g singly, and you have 3 for 150g, odds are your stack of three will be purchased because someone probably needs 3, and its less clicking for them to buy your stack of 3.

7's 9's rule
    I always list my items using 7's and 9's let me explain:
    If the item usually sells for around 10g I list it with a min bid of 7g77s and a buyout of 9g 99s. Never list anything for 10g or 20g etc, always 9g99s, 19g 99s

Its only 1 s difference but it makes people feel like its 10g cheaper. It's the same principal as all those TV commercials that sell stuff for $19.95 It just sounds a lot cheaper than $20 even though its not really.

Sometimes if the item is worth only 15g, but there is no competition in AH at the time I'll list it for 17g 77s / 19g 99s. People see 17g and think ?17 is about the same as 15, and 19g is only 2 more g ? I really want it so I'm just going to buy it.? They just paid 20g for a 15g item that's 33% markup. They probably wouldn't have bought the item had you listed it for 20g/20g.

Granted if you had listed the same item for 13g/14g99s they defiantly would buy it, but that is a judgment call you will have to make on an item to item basis based on how much competition there is, how much you paid for it, and how badly you need to sell it (because listing fee is high or whatever) personally I do not like to put myself in situations where I feel pressure to sell an item, and the best way to avoid that is to stay away from the higher level items whose demand you are unsure about.

Undercutting minimum bids
    When most people search specifically for an item they sort the results based on lowest price first. The price is not determined by the buyout price but rather the minimum bid. So sometimes it makes sense to undercut the competitions minimum bid, but not necessarily their buyout. This will ensure that your item is at the top of the list and the first thing they see when they sort their results by lowest price. Be careful though never set your minimum bid below the minimum price you can sell the item for or you could loose money if someone bids on the item and the auction ends with that bid.

Shopping
    These are the big ones that you should look out for!
    These are less rare, but still worth putting on the list, especially in the beginning when you don't have many scans:
    Rare Tradeskill goods

These are hard to come by tradeskill goods that usually are not on the AH much or are very expensive because they come from raid zones/bosses. They are defiantly worth putting on your shopping list and keeping an eye on, especially once your get a good stash of gold, or if you have a lvl 60+ char that can use them, or items made from them.
    Rare Tradeskill Patterns

There are some rare tradeskill patterns that you should keep an eye out for, prices on them might vary by server but they will sell for a lot regardless. I found a Formula: Enchant Chest - Greater Stats for 5g once, and a Enchant Shield - Lesser Block for 1g. I sold the first for 500g, and the other for over 100g. So just keep your eyes out for a obviously cheep price on any of these. *Update* I picked up the following recently: felcloth bag for 100g, flarecore wraps for 150g. I sold the first for 499g, and the second for 399g.

Formula: Enchant Weapon Lifstealing
    Formula: Enchant Chest - Greater Stats
    Enchant Shield - Lesser Block
    Formula: Enchant Weapon - Crusade
    Formula: Enchant Weapon - Superior Striking
    Formula: Enchant 2H Weapon - Superior Impact
    Pattern: Core Felcloth Bag
    Recipe: Major Rejuvenation Potion
    Pattern: Flarecore Wraps
    Pattern: Black Grasp of the Destroyer

Twink blues:
    10-19:
    Feet of the Lynx
    Deviate Scale Belt
    Sentry Cloak
    Assassin's Blade
    Thorbia's Gauntlets
    Silver-linked Footguards
    Skeletal Club
    Night Reaver
    Shadowfang
    Black Malice
    Tree Bark Jacket
    Darkweave Breeches
    Keller's Girdle
    Magefist Gloves
    Twisted Chanter's Staff
    Witching Stave
    Skycaller
    Lil Timmy's Peashooter
    20-29:
    Barbaric Bracers
    Enduring Cap
    River Pride Choker
    Watchman Pauldrons
    Tigerstrike Mantle
    Brawler Gloves
    Harbinger Boots
    Dreamslayer
    Cobalt Crusher
    Forest Tracker Epaulets
    Mantle of Thieves
    The Butcher
    Zealot Blade
    Ironweaver
    Claw of the Shadowmancer
    Frostreaver Crown
    Pugilist Bracers
    Girdle of Golem Strength
    Hotshot Pilot's Gloves
    Beguiler Robes
    Mechbuilder's Overalls
    Glowing Magical Bracelets
    30-39
    Basilisk Hide Pants
    Assault Band
    Necklace of Calisea
    Ogron's Sash
    Papal Fez
    Speedsteel Rapier
    40-49
    Elven Chain Boots

To finnish
    Hopefully everything on this will help you to start earning big!
    BUT! warning
    Anyone who thinks they can just download the addon's/tool's and know's what they are doing, you cant
    my advice is to make sure:
    1) you fully understand the tool's/addon's and how they do what they do.
    2) make sure when using auctioneer you have a very healthy scan rate, and keep up to date on changes to AH (somtimes even manually search item)
    3) if you have item's your having trouble getting rid of, TRADE CHANNEL!
    4) concentrate on purchases, i have found myself buying overpriced item's then when coming to relist nobody want's to buy.
    5) and finally do everything as cheap as possible but with the biggest profit coming your way eg: buy item's that have either no listing price or auction fees ect

Enjoy!

Fatality

Auction Shopping List/Guide useful!
    Icicle's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Auction Shopping List/Guide useful!

Copied from www.********.com Which has been posted A L O T of times

Fatality's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Note all containing are thing's i have either found or put together from personal exp)
    a portion is taken/copied from website's and has been editted depending on how well/or how not so well it has worked for me. i looked through other post's and did not come across any laid bare/easy to read/or follow as mine?

Fatality

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

copied from woot--gold site

All your saying is complete common sense buddy. Sorry
    Last edited by Icicle; 04-05-2007 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost

wessdog911's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't u think thats a little long. If it was shorter i would READ IT.

issacobra's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posted Every ****ing Day
    www. leetbrowser .com
    The in-game web browser! No more alt-tabbing out of full screen games!

Fatality's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol il remember never to post again.
    ive read through some random thread's and i can see there's quite a community of agro on here, plus the fact nearly 80% of the stuff on here ive seen whilst searching around on the web, yet mine is picked out for being copied/quote "Posted Every ****ing Day" but im sure you havent posted that reply to most copied/commonly posted stuff on here have you "issacobra"?

Fatality

Scorproyale's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cry :' ( lol
    "If You Eat Like A Newb, You Will Get Owned Like A Newb"-Teh-Masterer

JOIN SNITCHSTIANITY TODAY

Snuss's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice c/p -rep

JAMB0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Copied from www.Woot#Gold.com
    By Reading This You Have Just Wasted 3 Seconds of Your Life.

lag's Avatar The ERP Chicken
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Fatality
    lol il remember never to post again.
    That's the MMOwned spirit.

Actually thanks Fatality, I couldn't remember the key words to find the original post of this so now I can! Woot! :P

Marlo was here || idusy was here cause he feels left out || Im in ur sig , shardin ur letters - Flying Piggy || Errage was here- Wait, what? || ''Edge was here'' imo =P || Dragonshadow's name makes this too long |2d is hot|

kelat's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow all of you need to chill. does it matter if its a c/p? and first off, its not, as fatality said he edited it and added more info in. just because something was posted before does not entitle every member of the community to flame it for no good reason, thus spamming the forums with useless posts. and c'mon, one person already said it was c/p, we dont need 10 more people repeating the exact same thing. WE GET IT. if you arent going to say something thats constructive in anyway, then just refrain from saying it. you really shouldnt criticize something that was posted FOR FREE. *dont look a gift horse in the mouth.*

So. nice job fatality, i have never seen this before, and i learned a lot of good advice. i am going to give you rep, as soon as the system lets me. damn waiting period to give out rep >_<

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone who thinks they can just download the addon's/tool's and know's what they are doing, you cant
    my advice is to make sure:
    1) you fully understand the tool's/addon's and how they do what they do.
    2) make sure when using auctioneer you have a very healthy scan rate, and keep up to date on changes to AH (somtimes even manually search item)
    3) if you have item's your having trouble getting rid of, TRADE CHANNEL!
    4) concentrate on purchases, i have found myself buying overpriced item's then when coming to relist nobody want's to buy.
    5) and finally do everything as cheap as possible but with the biggest profit coming your way eg: buy item's that have either no listing price or auction fees ect
    Kelat.. Is it not common sense? NO DUH you have to buy cheaper then sell for biggest profit..... Pretty much all he did was QUICKLY sumarized the point of the woot gold guide.

kelat's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question: does everyone have the woot gold guide? answer: im gonna give room for error, and say probably not.

and obviously the guide is going to say buy low, sell high. thats the point of any AH guide: to maximize your profit through AH. these tips are all reinforcing that concept. and looking at the original post, you can see that there is more writing which gives tips as when to sell and best way to sell your auction. and im sure a lot of people dont understand how to fully manipulate the AH to their advantage, and by reading this guide, they can become more well versed in the art of buying off the AH. and if fatality summarized the whole woot gold guide, good for him for picking out the most important topics and bringing them together. i dont believe that Fatality should be criticized for posting this.