0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to make (And Save) money in Wrath of the lich king

This guide is written by me, if you wish to repost it anywhere, please PM me first.

Q&A

Goggles! Why are you posting this now?

Because, Money takes time to make. Some BoE recipes take forever to sell, and I want to give people a heads up. I'll repost this once everything is "finalized" for the expansion (IE: A month before release or so)

Goggles! You screwed me over, this didn't make me money at all!

That's because either A.) My predictions were wrong(Which I doubt), or B.) Your server is retarded.

Goggles! Can this all change?

It could

It's broken up into two parts. How to: Make money (Meaning, bulk up on this stuff and sell it when the x-pac comes)

And, How to: Save money (Meaning, sell this crap ASAP)

How to: Make money

Herbalism: This is going to SKY ROCKET, when the expansion comes out. Why? Inscription. Inscription is going to use herbalism as it's main source of materials. Does everyone remember what happened to Copper ore when BC first came out? I do. Copper bars went from about 50 silver to 12 gold the first week of release, all due to jewel crafting. Other ores inflated high as well. This is going to happen with Herbalism as well, no doubt. Peacebloom, and Silver leaf are going to be extremely expensive the first week of Wotlk release, then will drop down to a more stable rate.

Mining: A lot of people dropped Blacksmithing in the later months of BC. And when Wotlk coming out, people are going to pick it up again and power level it. This isn't going to have as much of a inflation as Herbalism, but, it will still rise quite a bite. Especially with the new engineering mounts.

Skinning: Out of all 3 gathering professions, this is the one that will most likely not rise that much. Why? A lot of people still use leather working, it's one of the BEST professions for raiders due to drums. However, Drums are getting nerfed (Can't use them in constant rotation anymore). So, non mail/leather users will most likely drop it for a more respectable crafting profession. However, a lot of dropped it as well. It just won't inflate as much.

Cloths: That's right, Plain old cloths will inflate quite a bit too. Why? Tailoring. Like I said with blacksmithing, a lot of people dropped it (especially hardcore raiders) since the gear it produces gets replaced, pretty easily. So with new cloth recipes being added at 80, people will pick this up again.

Enchanting Materials: Oh gawd, these are going to inflate sooo badly. Why? Less and less people are going to be in old world. Meaning enchanting materials from lvl 40-58ish items are going to inflate. Why? No one is farming them, and people will probably pick up enchanting since it's going to get new weapon enchants and such at level cap. Right now, Greater Nether essences sell for about 10 g a pop on my server. I see that doubling.

How to: Save money

BOE Epic Recipes: They're going to become useless after Wotlk hits. Why? No one is going to need them. Lvl 73 greens will be better then them. I suggest selling those ASAP.

Heart of Darkness/ Sunmotes: Same reason as above, they'll be useless. No one is going to craft those recipes anymore. Just how like Lava cores and such from good ol MC became useless, so will these.

Gems: Gems! No wai! Yes way. The new WOTLK gems are going to kick the ass out of the old ones. I see the new green ones being better than the old blues ones, New blue ones are going to be better than the old epic ones, and the epic ones will be uber. They're going to drop, a lot. I suggest selling them soon if you stockpiled them.

Old Reputation items: I see these dropping as well. New factions, new faction items, better rewards. Granted, Blizzard might make a mistake or two and the old reputation rewards might be better, but who knows. I suggest selling them a month or two before release.

Buff food/ Raid potions: They're going to be new, and better ones that will come out. The old ones will be less needed. Just like gems.

Primals: Yes, Primals. They're going to drop, just like how old essences dropped. Why? Eternals. They're the new primals of WOTLK. They're going to be used in recipes. So, if you have a lot of them, I suggest selling them before release.

Clothes: Spellcloth, ect, will drop. No longer used in new recipes. Sorry.

Tips:

I suggest making a few bank alts. As if you're a true money maker, you'll have at least one bank alt stuffed with gathering materials.

Have a farming alt too. I have a 66ish mage I no longer play, and all he does is run around and herb & mine. Both skills are maxed, too.

If you can't sell the items that are going to drop, drop the price a little. Better to sell a Heart of Darkness for 75 gold instead of 100, then selling it for 5 gold with the expansion comes out.

More stuff will be added later.
    Last edited by TehGoggles; 08-16-2008 at 10:20 PM.
    It's true, I pwn faces irl

How to make (And Save) money in Wrath of the lich king
    elliotthehobo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice, +rep
    "Brilliant ideas receive violent opposition from mediocre minds."-Albert Einstein

Anthonyrox8's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no offence but this stuff seems like common sense to me

olemortenm's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Anthonyrox8 View Post
    Everything is common sense to some people. You'd be surprised at the number of people who find the most common of the common sense completely new.

Very nice guide, will definitely help a lot of people. +Rep

wktjim's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Anthonyrox8 View Post
    very honestly this is ALSO common sense to me, but I am sure it is common sense ONLY to those who have played long enough. good post =)

vl0071's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol I already started doing this last month 6):

The reason I did this was because it took me 2 months to farm and purchased the stuff that I needed for arena season 4. I made 18k gold on day one and two of arena season 4!

wouterflip's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice and thx for sharing

The unforgiven's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i never thought of all this actually happening...i guess i better get going then

grecklin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the inscription tip, i think i'll go make an alt and start farming stuff now

Brinch's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, i like that you say
    "Have a farming alt too. I have a 66ish mage I no longer play, and all he does is run around and herb & mine. Both skills are maxed, too"

Haha glider
    +rep for tips, im gonna do it asap!

TehGoggles's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, Thanks all. Brinch, you didn't +rep.
    Last edited by TehGoggles; 08-18-2008 at 10:59 AM.
    It's true, I pwn faces irl

Klockwork's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thanks, gonna remember that :P