Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Error patching 2.4.0 or corrupted files errors and #131..

IMPORTANT

You need 1.1GB of space and a line capable of holding a download speed of average 250 KB/s in order to do this within 1 hour! If you got a slower line it will use more time, but one thing is sure.. it will be faster than doing this from WoW 1.0 :P

The instructions

If you experience issues like this: http://i29.tinypic.com/2vdpp4m.jpg , or perhaps getting errors involving corrupted .ADT files or .M2 files? I had that problem too, and do you know how I fixed it? Look no further! I am going to share with you a way you can fix this issue without having to install the game over again, CD by CD, nor having to loose all your addons and configurations!

Getting ready for the operation..
    1. Go to "...\WoW\Data" and delete patch.MPQ, the size should be 1 997 330 KB but on mine bugged version it was 759 153 KB and that will return errors.
    2. Go to "...\WoW\Data\enGB" and delete patch-enGB.MPQ, the size should be 198 694 KB but my bugged version was on 198 696 KB (small difference but enough to make conflicts, either way if you have to delete the other file in step #1 you also have to remove this one, there is no turning back or any other easy ways around! Also, delete the patch-2.mpq (or any other number, as long it's a patch.MPQ it's gotta go away in order for the fix to work!)
    3. Download this MPQ Editor (v 1.8.1.190) tool: MPQ Archives - Downloads (unofficial software, but required since Repair.exe won't fix this issue for us and we would like to avoid having to do a full re-installation too!)
    4. Extract the "MPQEditor.exe" file form the ZIP, then launch it (does not matter where you save it).

Now, try using the Repair.exe and do a full check (you can avoid using the Interface reset option so you can keep your UI settings :P) If the Repair.exe now doesn't work, continue on the next step here:

Using the MPQEditor..
    1. Go to "Tools" then "Options..", under "Work directory" select your game installation ("..\WoW") then click "Ok" to save the settings.
    2. Click "File" on the menu and then "Open MPQ archive.."
    3. Navigate to "...\WoW\Data\enGB" and open the file base-enGB.MPQ.
    4. Select "Autodetect" then "Use internal list of files" when it asks you about the list of files.
    5. Select all the files (not folders) in the dialog, then right-click while having them marked and select "Extract" from the menu. Then say replace to all when it asks.

Now you will have 2.0 TBC of the game, as if you just installed TBC on your machine. Start WoW.exe and try to login (basically with any username and password), a patch will download and launch. You will be forced to download 1.1GB of patch file, it's called "WoW-2.4.0-enGB-patch.exe" and you can also get it by using mirrors if the Blizzard downloader is slow.. if you get it form some mirror just put that file in the "...\WoW" folder and run it. When it's done patching you will have 2.4.0 and this procedure would have taken you under 1 hour if you have a fast connection and manage to get the 2.4.0 patch in 1 hour (that requires you to have a average speed of 250 KB/s download speed, so if you get a mirror that is faster, you will be done faster!)

I hope this helped you out there, using the Repair.exe didn't help me and I hell didn't wanna go trough a full re-install of the game since it takes more than 1 hour! :P

Hope this helps with fixing your games (the once with the same problem).

Error patching 2.4.0 or corrupted files errors and #131..
    heymyname's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Love You!!!!!!

Infeirno's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read this too late and spent all day yesterday re downloading..

leffen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    too late for me to -__________-

ero-sennin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copypasta from WoW-Europe.com Forums -> Corrupt file sollution (read before posting!)

... Sadly. I excuse if you however, are the poster on wow-forums.

FlayFlayFlay's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stupid/quick answer. will this let me still have a undead hunter? aka modelchange will work?

Vladinator's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by FlayFlayFlay View Post
    stupid/quick answer. will this let me still have a undead hunter? aka modelchange will work?
    This is about making the patch work for people experiencing issues with patching up to 2.4, not inject models. :P