16/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

{Question / Idea] Auto ignore players based on level range

I'd like to create a macro/addon that will get my current characters level and then preform a /who search for players that are 1-7 levels below my own, and then have the addon automatically add all of those players to my ignore list.

The purpose for this is on my current server (not sure if it works on others) you cannot be grouped into an RFD with people that you have on your ignore list.

So I figured if every time I leveled up I could clear my ignore list and the press this macro/addon again, and it would re-add the new players that are below my own therefor reducing my chances of being grouped into lower leveled RDF dungeons and giving me a higher chance of running an RDF that I can benefit from.

Anyone have any ideas on how this could be pieced together? I assumed I could grab and modify some code from the CensusPlus addon as far as the /who function as it already caches and adds those players to a table. Maybe it would be easier if I could edit that addon itself to auto ignore players as soon as it caches their level.

Help would be appreciated.
    wat

{Question / Idea] Auto ignore players based on level range
    Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ignore has always worked like that, but you will still get grouped with players from other realms so it won't work. On top of that, ignore list has a cap. Furthermore, since all dungeons scale since patch 7.3.5, there's no downside to running "low" level dungeons since every dungeon you run is exactly at your level.

So basically unless it's for a private server, there's no reason or benefit to doing it on live.

Valmere's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    16/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention this but yes I am playing on a private server (3.3.5)

I could probably do a preliminary /who list for players that are in the level range I'd like to avoid and then add them to an array for the GetWhoInfo api to parse through (API GetWhoInfo - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft)

And using that I could grab the names of each of the lower leveled players to either throw into a new array or just use the API to ignore them right there on the spot (API AddIgnore | WoWWiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia)

Only issue I'm having right now is not being very well verse with lua. Ideally it would find these low level players and auto ignore them, preferably having a command or button to unignore people after leveling up and then pressing it again to reignore the newer people that are below the preferred threshold.
    Last edited by Valmere; 04-22-2018 at 08:41 AM. Reason: fucking buggy stie wtf
    wat

Valmere's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    16/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edit

This works for now - just /who the people you want to filter from your RDF's (42-47 etc) and then hit this macro:

/script n=GetNumWhoResults(); i = 1; while i < n do c=GetWhoInfo(i); AddIgnore(c); i=i+1; end;
    edit2: simple change to the above macro to clear your ignore list:

/script n=GetNumIgnores(); i = 1; while i < n do c=GetIgnoreName(i); DelIgnore(c); i=i+1; end;
    Last edited by Valmere; 10-25-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    wat