TSM: How to make TSM buttons macroable ("Start Post Scan", "Start Cancel Scan", etc.) menu

User Tag List

gigabulloba's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSM: How to make TSM buttons macroable ("Start Post Scan", "Start Cancel Scan", etc.)

UPDATED FOR TSM 3

TSM does not allow you to macro many of it's buttons. The devs refuse to add this functionality because it could be used for 'botting'. That's their prerogative, I suppose, but for those like me that have legit uses for binding the buttons to hotkeys, it's a bit of an inconvenience and so I decided to fix it.

Now, one might ask the question: why? Why is it beneficial to do this? There's plenty of reasons why one might want to, but here's what I use it for. I use this modification in conjunction with multiboxing software such as IsBoxer, KeyClone, or HotKeyNet to camp the auction house on a second account while I go about my normal everyday gameplay activities on my main account. By setting keybinds to any of TSM's features, I am able to weave extra keypresses into my normal combat rotation that carry out all of my auction house activities, without having to actually move my mouse over to the second WoW window. This means I can continually run post and cancel scans without needing to take even a moment break from gameplay on my main account. With a bit of practice, you can camp the AH while killing a raid boss, fighting in an arena, or whatever it is you choose to do with your time, without being distracted or having to pause your primary activity. And... it's all legit, since you are working within the generally accepted rules for multiboxing (ie. one keypress = one action... therefore no automation).

To assign macros to TSM buttons that aren't normally macroable, do the following:

1) Open the file \Interface\AddOns\TradeSkillMaster_Auctioning\modules\GUI.lua
    2) Find the following block of code

Code:
    			{
    				type = "Button",
    				key = "postBtn",
    				text = L["Start Post Scan"],
    				textHeight = 18,
    				size = {actionBtnWidth, 25},
    				points = {{"BOTTOMLEFT", 5, 5}},
    				scripts = {"OnClick"},
    			},
    3) Add the line
    Code:
    name = "TSMStartPostScanButton",
    into this block like so:

Code:
    			{
    				type = "Button",
    				key = "postBtn",
    				name = "TSMStartPostScanButton",
    				text = L["Start Post Scan"],
    				textHeight = 18,
    				size = {actionBtnWidth, 25},
    				points = {{"BOTTOMLEFT", 5, 5}},
    				scripts = {"OnClick"},
    			},
    4) Save the file and create the following macro in-game:
    Code:
    /click TSMStartPostScanButton
    5) Repeat this process for all of the TSM Auctioning buttons you want macros for. You can find the appropriate code blocks by searching for the button text (ie. "Start Post Scan", "Start Cancel Scan", "Start Reset Scan", etc.). You can name the buttons whatever you want, just make sure the macros you create in-game correspond to the names you give the buttons in the .lua file. The "Open All Mail" button can be found in /TradeSkillMaster_Mailing/Modules/inbox.lua and if you want to bind buttons for the Shopping module you'll have to look through the .lua files in the /TradeSkillMaster_Shopping/Modules/ folder.

Note: If you use the TSM Desktop app, it now automatically updates the TSM addons (and there's no way that I am aware of to turn this off short of making the folders read only). Each time it updates the addons, these changes are overwritten and you will need to redo them.
    Last edited by gigabulloba; 12-15-2015 at 09:48 PM.

TSM: How to make TSM buttons macroable ("Start Post Scan", "Start Cancel Scan", etc.)
    jadethread's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice
    Filler

gigabulloba's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have updated the method for TSM 3

I have been asked the following:

i have a question, is it possible that make Sniper macroable too ? when i do group search, TSM will auto select the first item so i can just create macro to buyout. but sniper search, TSM wont select any, so i will have to mouse click it first then buyout. do you know how to make the sniper search same as group search to macroable ?
    From what I have observed, Sniper search behaves exactly the same as a regular shopping search in this respect, in that it automatically selects the first item in the results once the search has concluded or it is stopped. In the case of a sniper search, the search will never end on it's own, but if you manually stop it, it will then select automatically the first item on the list. So in theory, you could modify the "Stop" button to be macroable (should be in AuctionTab_Frame.lua) and just hit that when something pops before hitting your buyout macro, and then hit your macro to restart sniper again.

My macro to start sniper with a single button press looks like this (provided the auction window is open and you've added names to the necessary buttons)
    Code:
    /click AuctionFrameTab6
    /click TSMCustomFilter
    /click TSMStartSniper
    EDIT
    A few small additions:
    -The 'Stop' button could be tricky to find, as it's not actually called the 'Stop' button, but rather the 'Search' button. It is in AuctionTab_Frame.lua
    -I set up the following macro for buying out stuff:
    Code:
    /click TSMSearchBtn
    /click TSMShoppingBuyoutButton
    /click TSMShoppingBuyoutConfirmationButton
    It does require multiple button presses, but at least it's all the same button, so soon as you hear the sniper sound effect, you spam the button a few times until it actually buys the item and then hit the previous macro I posted to resume the sniper search
    Last edited by gigabulloba; 12-17-2015 at 09:30 PM.

dsrules's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to necro this thread to ask-

How do you make the Custom Filter / Other Searches and Sniper buttons /click'able? I tried using the described method but it didn't work the same way.

Edit: I figured it out! I was a moron and forgot Auctioning and Shopping were different mods with different LUA. Amazing shit, there's a lot you could do with this. I've been using the Post/Cancel posted here for awhile now.
    Last edited by dsrules; 12-17-2016 at 05:05 AM.

Awasain's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope i don't get banned for this, but Im also going to necro this to ask: How can this be done in TSM4? Been looking the files but no luck, they are different than what is told in this thread,