Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to make my own macros (okay, more like modifying other people's macros to suit my needs), but I'm still not sure what is the command to make your character to cast something only if he/she is moving. For example the fire mage can substitute fireball with scorch during movement, Locks can spam fel flame instead of shadowbolt, hunters change aspect etc.

[PLUA/MACRO] Unofficial PLUA/MACRO Thread
    Sikas's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to change the rotation to consider you to cast something while moving, you have to do GetUnitSpeed("player")>0, if I recall correctly.

So for example

/run if GetSpellCooldown("Fireball")==0 and IsSpellInRange("Fireball","target")==1 then CastSpellByName("Fireball") elseif GetUnitSpeed("player")>0 and GetSpellCooldown("Scorch")==0 and IsSpellInRange("Scorch","target") then CastSpellByName("Scorch") end
    Last edited by Sikas; 07-15-2011 at 09:24 PM.

SprayPlaster's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sikas View Post
    If you want to change the rotation to consider you to cast something while moving, you have to do GetUnitSpeed("player")>0, if I recall correctly.

So for example

/run if GetSpellCooldown("Fireball")==0 and IsSpellInRange("Fireball","target")==1 then CastSpellByName("Fireball") elseif GetUnitSpeed("player")>0 and GetSpellCooldown("Scorch")==0 and IsSpellInRange("Scorch","target") then CastSpellByName("Scorch") end
    Thanks a lot mate, +rep when it's off cd.
    Last edited by SprayPlaster; 07-15-2011 at 09:49 PM.

sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fire mage macro stops casting when critical mass is up.
    Last edited by sed-; 07-16-2011 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks G/R
    6/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sed- View Post
    The fire mage macro stops casting when critical mass is up.
    Code:
     #showtooltip Fireball  #VARIABLES /run c=CastSpellByName cd=GetSpellCooldown b=UnitBuff d=UnitDebuff mana=UnitPower("player")/UnitPowerMax("player") p="player" t="target" u=IsUsableSpell r=IsSpellInRange s=GetUnitSpeed("player") hp=UnitHealth hpm=UnitHealthMax ma="Molten Armor" cau="Cauterize" block="Ice Block" lb="Living Bomb" comb="Combustion" pyro="Pyroblast" hot="Hot Streak" crit="Critical Mass" fo="Flame Orb" mi="Mirror Image" fire="Fireball" int="Arcane Brilliance"  #START ATTACKING /run if UnitHealth(t)==0 and UnitIsEnemy(p,t) then ClearTarget() end; /startattack  #ARCANE BRILLIANCE /run if not b(p,int) then c(int) end;  #MOLTEN ARMOR /run if not b(p,ma) then c(ma) end;  #MIRROR IMAGE /run if UnitAffectingCombat(p)==1 and r("Fireball",t)==1 and cd("Mirror Image")==0 then c("Mirror Image") end;  #CAUTERIZE /run if b(p,cau) and cd(block)==0 then SpellStopCasting() c(block) end;  #REMOVE ICEBLOCK /run if d(p,cau) and b(p,block) then CancelUnitBuff(p,block) end;  #INTERRUPT /run if select(9,UnitCastingInfo('target'))==false and cd("Counterspell")==0 and r("Counterspell")==1 then c("Counterspell") end; /run if select(8,UnitChannelInfo('target'))==false and cd("Counterspell")==0 and r("Counterspell")==1 then c("Counterspell") end;  #MANA GEM /run if UnitAffectingCombat(p)==1 and mana0 or mana0.05 and cd(fire)==0 and r(fire,t)==1 then c(fire) end;  #CRITICAL MASS /run if b(p,hot) and r(pyro,t)==1 and cd(pyro)==0 then c(pyro) elseif not (d(t,crit) or d(t,"Shadow and Flame")) and r("Scorch",t)==1 and cd("Scorch")==0 then c("Scorch") end;  /script CombatLogClearEntries(); /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); /run StaticPopup_Hide("MACRO_ACTION_FORBIDDEN");
    Try that. I'm running it on my own mage at level 84, absolutely no problems.
    Last edited by Sikas; 07-16-2011 at 09:20 AM.

sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i tryed to copy/paste that in sdm and says its to long =(

cdmichaelb's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you actually try to copy it into SDM, or were you trying to copy it into a regular just with SDM installed? :P

Either you did something wrong, or your SDM is broken.

SDM supports macro's of any length (I'm sure there is a limit, but it isn't something you could hit with out intentionally trying to hit it)
    Last edited by cdmichaelb; 07-16-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Thanks G/R
    6/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure why MMOwned is breaking my spacing in my macro.. I'm literally copy/pasting from Notepad++ and when I paste it in, it's just ONE SINGLE LINE. Anyways, here's a pastebin link: Fire Mage -> [Lua] #showtooltip Fireball #VARIABLES /run c=CastSpellByName cd=GetSpellCooldown - Pastebin.com EDIT: I think it's broken after you edit it... -_- Anyways, make sure you have SDM with the latest fix installed. Click on Macros, click on SDM on the top left buttom. Go to New, then Select Button Macro, and on the right, doesn't matter if for specific Character or global. Name the Macro whatever you want. And click Ok. After that, select your new macro, delete everything inside it, then paste this in. SAVE it. THen drag the macro to your action bar. And just repeatedly click the macro with your LUA HACK on. It should work.
    Last edited by Sikas; 07-16-2011 at 09:28 AM.

sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cdmichaelb View Post
    Did you actually try to copy it into SDM, or were you trying to copy it into a regular just with SDM installed? :P

Either you did something wrong, or your SDM is broken.

SDM supports macro's of any length (I'm sure there is a limit, but it isn't something you could hit with out intentionally trying to hit it)
    lulz i r nub me post reg macro. lulz jk... am not dumb even sdm has a limit its 1247. this isnt first time ive used sdm.

@sik ty ill test that out when i get a chance to get on mage that worked and wasnt given me the over 1247 error ;p

Edit: it works man major thanks!!
    Last edited by sed-; 07-16-2011 at 06:53 PM.

demisehi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop using SDM. It is horrible.

Like I said before, I am willing to help if people post their questions, etc. Here is a sample code snippet from one of my macros for you to look at and possibly learn from:

Code:
    ------THREAT------
    t={UnitDetailedThreatSituation("player","target")}
    if GetNumPartyMembers()>0 and (t[1]==1 or (t[5] ~=nil and t[5]>25000 and t[3]>90)) then
      if GetSpellCooldown("Feign Death")==0 then
        cast("Feign Death")
      end
    end

------TRANQUILIZING SHOT------
    if GetSpellCooldown("Tranquilizing Shot")==0 and UnitPower("player")>19 and IsSpellInRange("Tranquilizing Shot","target")==1 and (UnitBuff("target","Enrage") or UnitBuff("target","Remedy") or UnitBuff("target","Rage") or UnitBuff("target","Power Conversion") or UnitBuff("target","Venomous Rage") or UnitBuff("target","Rapid Fire")) then
      cast("Tranquilizing Shot")
    end
    Last edited by demisehi; 07-16-2011 at 09:58 PM.

sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont see how you could run that fire mage lua in hack

NeBz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any SDM macros for PvE Shadowpriest? My friend is in desperate need of one :S

Thanks G/R
    6/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sed- View Post
    i dont see how you could run that fire mage lua in hack
    You have to convert it. The coding logic stays the same, but using Hack/DevPad is like using C coding, I guess? XD

demisehi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Fire Mage script is EASY to convert to Hack. 1st, take out all the runs. Then /startattack would be RunMacroText("/startattack"). Remove the # for comment lines and replace them with --. That alone should get it to work with maybe a hiccup in a line somewhere or two. Haven't really looked at it all to be honest, but that should give you a good start.

SprayPlaster's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way to know if you're behind or not? For example for a feral druid, use shred as a combo point builder if at the back otherwise use mangle if not.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast