0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question about how to avoid being banned from hacker

hello, i havent been playing wow for a year and i tried to few days ago and i found out that i was hacked, i have retreived my acc throught blizz webforms and i got my acc back

then i got the email from hacker where he attached pic of my id (he probably got it from facebook cause i had it on album) and my original wow cdkey (he probably got it from my so called friend when he was at my home).

So, he sent me email with pic od id and cd key and told me that he will also retreive my acc and get me banned. That hacker is a guy from other city that i dont know irl, he is friend with one of my former friends (guy that probably gave him my cd key).

so my question is how can i protect myself from not getting banned? is there any way i can protect my self from this? thanks in advance for your answers

question about how to avoid being banned from hacker
    Sarick's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh, that was some horrible move from you (using Facebook for private stuff is bad). Well you are pretty much doomed, you should get Autenticator or make another account with different Battlenet Id, and call blizzard explain your situation and transfer charts to your new account. I don't see any other solution as they got you keys, that was hell dumb to upload them there.

paradajz's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what can i do if i buy the authenticator? will authenticator prevent that? also the pic of id that hacker has is outdated, maybe that will help, that id expired in middle of 2010

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

maybe to simplifiy things and tell blizz that my laptop was stolen recently, and i have alot of my personal info on my laptop including cdkeys for all of my games and also private pictures including my id?

jasejunk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. I think calling / getting an authenticator is the best way to do it.
    I would do it quickly if I were you.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but can u answer me what is the difference if i have the authenticator? he still can try to retreive my acc with photo of my ID and original cdkey

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

and also does anyone know what is the difference between phsycal authenticator for 6.99 euros and mobile authenticator that is free and you can download it via itunes to your iphone?

Omgroflnocdhack's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    theres no difference really, its just that the physical authenticator is like a device for itself but if u have an iphone or ipod touch you should just get the free version

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry for so much questions, but can u tell me what is the difference if i get the authenticator if the hacker has my photo of my id and original cd key? what is stopping him from banning me?