0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scammed Account

I know this constantly litters the forum but I feel a need to ask it anyways.

I just got hold of an account with 5 70's, most well geared.

I know all info except the secret answer. I already changed the e-mail and password, not sure how long before the actual user figures out. Not sure whether it would be a good idea to send a fake blizz e-mail or not.

I do not want the account for personal use, what would be my best bet of getting rid of it with some cash in hand?

Scammed Account
    Gummibär's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. You can't do anything with the account if you don't have the secret question. I would recommend scamming gold, selling it, and then banning the account.
    2. Don't send in a fake e-mail to Blizzard. All that will do is block your account until you can verify you are the real owner.
    Scammed Gold: 31821g

PhuN's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant sending an e-mail to his actual e-mail account so it may give me more time.

Would selling it to an account site be possible? Or are there too many complications with that?

Originally Posted by Gummibär View Post
    1. You can't do anything with the account if you don't have the secret question. I would recommend scamming gold, selling it, and then banning the account.
    2. Don't send in a fake e-mail to Blizzard. All that will do is block your account until you can verify you are the real owner.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant sending an e-mail to his actual e-mail account so it may give me more time.
    Yes, go ahead and try sending him a phishing site to his e-mail. This way you might have a chance of getting his secret question and answer.

Would selling it to an account site be possible? Or are there too many complications with that?
    No, do not sell the account. The original owner will probably take back the account and the person/company you sold the account to will get pissed, and will demand their money back.

Black0ut120's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, u can call blizzard and if you have all of the rest of the information and it is correct then u can usually get blizzard to change the email by telling them the address on the account. When they ask you for the SQ/A just tell them a random answer and when they say that isn't correct just say "Wow, I must have used something completely random, is there another way I can verify the account?". USUALLY they will say yes and ask for the address.

I would definitely try to send them a fake ban email so that they may not even try to recover the account. Hope this helps.

Gold Scammed: 142,600

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but that doesn't always work. When they say yes, usually they will ask you for the CD KEYS. Than if you say yes, or no they will ask you for your address. Once you answer that they might ask you for the credit card on the account which than you just hang up on them. It's worth a try I guess but it never worked for me.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but that doesn't always work. When they say yes, usually they will ask you for the CD KEYS. Than if you say yes, or no they will ask you for your address. Once you answer that they might ask you for the credit card on the account which than you just hang up on them. It's worth a try I guess but it never worked for me.
    What? This has worked at least 9/10 times for me, they always ask me for the address when I tell them an incorrect SQ/A...

PhuN's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Black0ut120 View Post
    Actually, u can call blizzard and if you have all of the rest of the information and it is correct then u can usually get blizzard to change the email by telling them the address on the account. When they ask you for the SQ/A just tell them a random answer and when they say that isn't correct just say "Wow, I must have used something completely random, is there another way I can verify the account?". USUALLY they will say yes and ask for the address.

I would definitely try to send them a fake ban email so that they may not even try to recover the account. Hope this helps.
    The secret question is Mother's Maiden Name, so I doubt they would let that one slide, plus yeah they generally do ask for CD Keys.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, so you're answering your own question now? I promise the address thing works, ask anybody on these forums...

PhuN's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, so you're answering your own question now? I promise the address thing works, ask anybody on these forums...
    I was not really answering it, just saying that its unlikely, but that doesn't really have any concern to me atm.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They would let this one slide just as good as any other SQ... Who forgets their high school, first pet, etc.? Anyways I was just trying to help you out and correct Gummibar's post saying you can't do anything with the account without having the SQ/A...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I wrote that wrong. You can still take the account, but if you don't know the SQ.A you will not be able to transfer the character to another account.

PhuN's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They would let this one slide just as good as any other SQ... Who forgets their high school, first pet, etc.? Anyways I was just trying to help you out and correct Gummibar's post saying you can't do anything with the account without having the SQ/A...
    Mother Maiden name seems a little more strict to me at least, more so than the other questions but I'm willing to give it a try before they close, maybe they won't care since its late O_o

The only address I have is from the account management page, is that enough? I searched in white pages but have no idea if its the same person.

Rowro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rent the account for $$.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rowro View Post
    Rent the account for $$.
    You could do that IF you can find a renter that's legit, and then you have to worry about the OO recalling...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast