Out of Game time? Scamming the Companies doesnt work anymore? Well now it does again. menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    condordanish's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of Game time? Scamming the Companies doesnt work anymore? Well now it does again.

As you all know, the dirtbag way that we used to be able to get free gametime was by scamming the renting companies by saying something like "I'm out of game time, but if you can farm for 4 weeks on my account!".

Well, those companies have gotten smarter, now they don't accept that anymore...or...do they?
    Seeing as so, so many people hate the wall of text, i am going to put this into steps.

Step 1: Find a decent company. I do not recommend a large company, because then they will be a lot less trusting. To do this, use google and search for a discreet company.

Step 2: Bingo! you have the company! now the tricky part starts. Open a live chat with them, or an AIM conversation with them. Open up with something really warm, and IMPORTANTLY, use a smiley face in your opening, it already makes them feel more comfortable .

Example: Heya There! do you rent accounts?

Step 3: You have officially lured them in, at least started to. Feign ignorance, you need to pretend to be a big old noob who's never rented before. Continue to use smileys as much as possible, as it makes them feel all...cozy...inside. Also be sure to compliment them and their company as much as possible.

Example: Well i've never rented before, but i know my friend has. He told me you guys are amazing and told me to use IRENTYOURACC to talk to cuz you are nice
    (that screen name is made up BTW)

Step 4: Now you have to make them want your account. Make up something (family vacation, etc.) and say that you will be gone for about a month. This will make them think that they have a really long customer, and thus an account they can consistently farm gold on. Again, you should use lots of smileys to make them feel comfortable.

Example: I have finals this month so i wont be able to play until the end of this month, or maybe next month .

Step 5: There you go, they think that you are a nice ol' bloke who will rent them your account for a long time. They will most likely trust you now, so now comes the hardest part of this. Tell them, in the most sad/friendly way you can, that you are out of game time.

Example: I know this really sucks, but i dont have gametime on the account . You can take a week of payment of the month to pay for the time .

Note: Tell them that they can take out a week of payment to put game time on if they want. This is grossly favored in them ripping you off. (They pay around 90 dollars a week, but only 15 dollars to pay for gametime)

Step 6: At this point, they might, MIGHT put the time on, but in case they don't, act casual. Tell them that you could try to put game time on it, but you doubt you will be able to. Make up an excuse for not being able to put the time on it, but be certain to tell them you will try your hardest! Also tell them that you understand that they probably can't trust you, but that you are a really good guy.

Example: Well i could try to put time on it, but its doubtful that i can . My parents refused to pay for WoW anymore, and they wont let me spend my money on game cards. hold on, ill go ask them again ("leave" for 5-10 minutes). Ahhh they wont put the time on it. I know you probably can't trust me, but i'm just telling you that i am honestly a really nice guy.

Step 7: At this point they will either check with the person who handles game cards/credit cards, or they will just flat out not believe you. If they do believe you, give them your acct name, PW, and wait for them to put the time on it. An effective way to keep them off your account from the start would be to have parental controls ACTIVATED. If they don't, well better luck next time :/

I have found the success rate very high in the 3 times that i have done this, while just saying that you don't have time on it and not seeming very kind has almost a 0 success rate. I did not want to make a wall of text, because you all hate that, so i didn't put as much into the last step as you might want to do. You need to really make them believe that you will try to put time on it yourself, to reduce the chance they will think you look like a scammer.

Feel free to critique this guide, but i have found it doing this amazingly successful. I can not stress to you guys how important it is to use smileys throughout the whole conversation, because it makes them feel comfortable about you.

Thanks!

Condordanish
    [/B]
    Last edited by condordanish; 01-27-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: it was incomplete

Out of Game time? Scamming the Companies doesnt work anymore? Well now it does again.
    utarda's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice explanation
    Rep4u

joedude11's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOOOT rep :O > :>

Deminish's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice, but a bit risky for me :/

Quafe's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is a nice scam, and its very well explained. +2 rep for the revival of a dying scam

FlamingDragon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep, great job, however this would only be helpful for someone with a level 70.

Loveshock's Avatar Whip it whip it real hard
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good but I'd suggest you leave out this part: "I know you probably can't trust me, but i'm just telling you that i am honestly a really nice guy, i wouldn't scam you guys." If it was me who was the account renter and someone said that to me, I would immediately suspect a scam. Other than that though it seems good

Devolsh's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice guide, very clear and concise.
    I agree with loveshock on that "I know you probably can't trust me, but i'm just telling you that i am honestly a really nice guy, i wouldn't scam you guys." part.
    Let's just hope the tardish renting companies don't catch on to it too fast !

Pinky's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide + rep

Devsio's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Pellats0s View Post
    Rofl already tried this on wowdollar and they asked me if i was the guy talking to them on MSN..someone already tried this on wowdollar so dont waste your time guys +rep
    ROFL that was me xD Without a result he said he trusted me but can only give playing time on US Accounts =(

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To respond to the issues you guys are having, do not use Wowdollar, wowpl, vovgamer, etc. Those companies have been scammed before, so they are less likely to trust you. YOU NEED TO SEARCH FOR DISCREET COMPANIES. Hell, it may take time, but its worth that month or two of gametime you receive.

Now, to those who have the issue of not having a 70, you need to do the same thing and not use these high end companies. There are two reasons for this. First, is the same as the reason above. Second, they can track the characters level, and class, on your account once they have your info, even if there is no time on it. I do not know how they do it, but i know they have done it before to one of my friends.

if there are any other problems, just write on the thread and ill tell you how to fix it

Strupantwn's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, i've tried it on the main companies and those guys are getting smarter, they check your parenta controls ( they really do wtf?) but if they do, tell them your parents have restrictions, etc... Then you remove it, tell them to check it again, and they will add it. NOW IS THE TIME TO OWN THEM. If not, oh well, move on.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well...the mane companies barely ever add time anymore, even without parental controls. Whereas, the smaller companies that are barely known dont check, and are more likely to put time onto your account
    A word for the wise aint necessary, its the stupid ones that need advice....like leechers

Y R U A NUB ?'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really well written, and it seem to be really good! Probably going to try it soon

+Rep

Saridormi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    19/16
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awwh... I was using this before and now it's posted!

Good guide though.. +3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast