How to sell your account and get it back with buyer thinking its blizzards fault. menu

User Tag List

PuffDank's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to sell your account and get it back with buyer thinking its blizzards fault.

Ok I have just done this as I recently sold an account and was trying to think of how to get it back without the buyer throwing a fit and possibly calling blizzard to have account banned.

First off when I sell ANY account I always make them send payment via paypal as an actual item and not virtual goods to prevent chargebacks. Then the agreement is that I provide them with username/password after payment is received. I then tell them I will mail a certified letter w/ tracking and signature confirmation that will include the SQ/A (Also the CD-KEY , but I usually never have it as I'm never original owner but might sound more legit in this case) Agree to do the email change just make sure that you do indeed have the SQ/A and verify it works.

A while ago I received a legit email from blizzard when they locked my account due to multiple IP usage. I went to login one day and it said the info was incorrect so I called them and they stated account was locked until ID form etc was faxed in , so I then checked my email and noticed the email they sent me.

So earlier today it clicked in my head that I could use **** FakeMailer.net :: Sending fake emails to your friends, a little email prank for your mates! **** to send this email blizzard sent me to the buyer and when he contacts me like WTF?! because his password doesn't work he will notice email. Then you say you have heard that does happen sometimes due to different IP's logging into an account within a few days. Which is true as it really did happen to me and the account was locked by blizzard and I did have to send in ID to have it unlocked. If all goes right they will realize they got screwed by blizzard and not by you. If they whine for a refund just tell them the account was in their hands and not yours so its their loss.

Meanwhile right before you send email , use the SQ/A to take back account and change password , then call blizzard and tell them you forgot your what email address you used for this account and they will reset it for you and all you have to provide is the account owners name / address / phone number / SQ/A...the best thing about it is that they don't send an email to the buyer's email to announce the email change. I also know this from experience since I've forgotten which email it was under and did this then later found the email and blizz never sent it anything about changing the email.

---------------------------------------------------------------

So here it is...

Email address to send from = [email protected]
    Subject = World of Warcraft - Account Retrieval Instructions

Email itself ..

Greetings,

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account has been accessed by someone who is not allowed to use it. The account has been disabled, so that you can regain sole and secure access. If you use a credit card to subscribe, it has been removed so you are not charged while the account is disabled. Please keep this email until you have regained account access.

1.) WHY DID THIS HAPPEN AND HOW CAN I STOP IT FROM HAPPENING AGAIN?

Account compromises are usually a result of the registered user sharing their account. Please take a moment to review the World of Warcraft Terms of Use at WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use which state that your Password is to be kept confidential at all times and you are solely responsible for the security of your Password. You may not disclose your Password to anyone, or allow your Password to be used by anyone other than yourself and/or your one (1) minor child. This includes, but is not limited to, compensated third parties accessing the account to advance characters in any way.

You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Password, and you will be responsible for all uses of your Password, whether or not authorized by you. Also, note that the security of the Account is your responsibility. Furthermore, Blizzard Entertainment does not recognize the transfer of Accounts, and any authorized transfer of the World of Warcraft software (as set forth on the worldofwarcraft.com website) will result in the permanent deletion of the Account attached to that software. You may not offer any Account for sale or trade, and any such offer is a violation of this Agreement and may result in suspension or termination of the Account.

To help ensure that no viruses are present that may threaten your account, please regularly scan all computer systems that you use to remove all viruses, including Trojan files, spyware and key loggers. You can find links to scanners in our article about computer and internet security tips at http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=20572. Also be sure to change your account password regularly at https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account.

2.) HOW DO I GET MY ACCOUNT BACK?

Download and use this form to regain account access: http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/WoW/othe...-Retrieval.pdf. For security reasons, we are unable to accept e-mailed attachments or links of any kind. Proper use of the form is the only way to retrieve account access. Please send your submission as soon as possible since Blizzard Entertainment is unable to offer any type of reimbursement for the time an account is disabled.

3.) I CANNOT DOWNLOAD THE FORM!

The newest version of the free Adobe Reader can be downloaded at Adobe. If clicking the link does not work, right-click it and save the file to your computer. If that still does not work, reply to this message and we will send the file as an attachment.

4.) I SENT MY FAX, NOW WHAT?

We will contact you again once your submission is received and processed. If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours of sending your fax, please resend it and notify us of the refax at http://us.blizzard.com/support/webform-us.xml?gameId=11. If you send your submission by postal mail, please allow time for delivery. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience.

Only Account Administration is able to assist with account retrieval issues. To learn more about how Account Administration is able to assist you, please visit us at http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=21505.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Sincerely,

Karliss
    Account Administration
    Blizzard Entertainment

Customer satisfaction is a top priority here at Blizzard Entertainment, and we would like your feedback on the level of service you have received. Please feel free to provide such feedback at the following web address: http://us.blizzard.com/support/surve...3:35:01%20PM&t put an = at the and followed by the email you are sending to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the same exact email I got from blizzard and it was all legit.

This is my first post here so I hope nobody has posted this before , I have searched and seen many other methods but never seen this method of account retrieval. Sorry for such the long blocks of text just wanted to make sure I went over all details and how I came about using this method and its background.

If anyone needs any help just ask I'd be glad to help. Good Luck!
    Last edited by PuffDank; 12-31-2007 at 03:20 PM.

How to sell your account and get it back with buyer thinking its blizzards fault.
    Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Errr...and how are we expected to spoof Blizzard's e-mail address: [email protected]?
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Verye View Post
    Errr...and how are we expected to spoof Blizzard's e-mail address: [email protected]?

.....FakeMailer.net.......sorry you must have not read the thread

Y060N's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Or read half the scams on the forums...

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Y060N View Post
    ^ Or read half the scams on the forums...

Has this specific blizzard email been mentioned in a scam?

I tried searching with specific keywords that would only be in this email..

If its a repost I apologize and mod please delete/close

zoidberg891's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FakeMailer.net :: Sending fake emails to your friends, a little email prank for your mates! it doesn't work for some reason, mabye their server is down.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loading fine here....

bmewhy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it works i just tried it thxs man +rep

KRSjr's Avatar Knight-Champion CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    amazing dude ill + rep once im over 5

Originally Posted by Verye View Post

wow this is the dumbest comment i have read on this site..

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to update on it , I successfully did this yesterday. The buyer thinks that he just got the bad end of the stick from blizzard and of course tried to get a refund from me but eventually came to terms that the account was in his hands not mine and buying accounts always has that risk factor to it.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want to change it up a bit just got my latest sale back...

Alll goes the same as for mailing the info....sell the account...wait about 2 weeks...contact them to confirm they received info , when they say no say you have to check what addy you mailed it to. Say oh damn I sent to xxxblablaxx fumble the street# or something. And actually give them the info over AIM to assure them your not scamming and then send them a letter with the same info. (why the wait? Let them do all the bg'ing/raiding work for you)

This time I gave the guy the real info of EVERYTHING except for the last name , All he see's is A***** so tell him anything after the "A" so if he ever does call blizzard they will tell him that they cannot verify he is the account owner because they will be looking at a screen with the real last name and he insists its something else. (to better hold up the blizzard banned it I didn't scam it)

2 accounts back so far , took the first back fast...waited on this one had lots of nice gear when I got it back plus epic mount. I do this with buying dirt cheap low lvl accounts on MD and botting them to 70 and selling them as green machines on MD for ~$150 , but you could also do this with epic accounts to make even more money. Only problem I have come to conclude is that you can only do this probably 2 times max before having to ditch the MD login name and starting off from scratch w/ no rep etc....

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another one nabbed with the buying hating blizzard for it. Using these as my gold farming accounts since they will never be able to be in my name etc...

Just farming gold and selling it w/ these accounts..

Me0w's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Afulls04 View Post
    Has this specific blizzard email been mentioned in a scam?

I tried searching with specific keywords that would only be in this email..

If its a repost I apologize and mod please delete/close
    You misunderstood him, he was talking to Verye, saying that half of the scam topics on the forums says how to get a fake e-mail.

Good scam.