Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultimate email scam guide with working anonymous e-mail service.

Ultimate Email Scam
    - UES -

Intro
    I know what you are probably thinking at this point "Here's another dumb leecher, with the same old e-mail scam, rewording it for rep", and quite honestly that is what I have been thinking every time I run into a scam that involves sending e-mails out in hopes of obtaining some useful account information. I think the one major flaw with these scams is the lack of effort that is put towards the little details. Even the smallest of details that seems to be flawed can send your potential victim running in the opposite direction.

Step 1 - Getting a HUGE list of e-mail addresses.
    One of the most common complaints I see in e-mail scam threads goes something like "I sent like 12 e-mails out and got nothing back "... Quantity plays a gigantic role in an efficient e-mail scam. You want to send out at least 50-60 e-mails at a time. I find about 1 in every 12 e-mails gets a promising response. The more, the better.

So, where do these e-mails come from? Well, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you want characters on your own realm then the best place to start is on the WoW realm forums for your realm. First, you want to take a look at the guild progression thread, almost every realm has one. Find your guild progression thread, pick the top guild from your faction and go to their website linked in that thread, if they don't have one then keep moving down on the list until you stumble upon one that does. Once you get to the guild website the first thing you want to look for are their forums... Why? Because forums have memberlists. Phpbb is the best forum system to grab e-mails from, because they have an easily comprehended memberlist system. If the guild does not have a message board or another way of easily finding the e-mail of a guild member, move on to a guild website that does. Now, chances are about 99% that the administrator of the message board has turned on the hidden e-mail feature. So, what you are going to want to do is click each members name on the memberlist and look for an AIM, Yahoo IM or MSN address, because this is most likely also the person's primary e-mail address.

Keep in mind that the guild progression threads are not the only way of landing a person's e-mail address. Skim through the realm boards looking for guilds that are recruiting, there is a good chance that these posts contain web addresses. Also, if you are fine with scamming characters that are not on your realm, do a quick google search for "wow guild" + "phpbb", this will give you a multitude of memberlists to skim through.

Once you start finding e-mail addresses you are going to want to open up notepad and start dropping them in. I find it much easier to make a new line for each e-mail address. Once you are satisfied with the amount of e-mail addresses you have, move on to step two.

Step 2 - Deploying the e-mails
    Getting the e-mails out is a very important step, this can and will be the make or break of your scam. We wont be sending any emails out from hotmail, mail.com or anything of that sort. I like the call this the bait and switch.

The first thing your going to want to do is get the "switch" from the bait and switch, get a dependable sounding name from any provider such as mail.com or inbox.com. This is very important: You want your e-mail to sound as dependable as possible. Things such as [email protected] or [email protected] will give you away, go for something simple. [email protected] is your best bet, if you cant find a short and simple e-mail from mail.com, try searching for other mail providers. It may take a little while but the effort will pay off.

Now it is time for the bait, one of the major downfalls of most e-mail scams is that the victim is receiving the e-mail from an extremely suspicious address, often a hotmail address. For this scam, we will be using a flawless anonymous e-mail spoofer, one without a footer or anything to give it away. This can be found here:
    Code:
    http://www.tropikula.com/anony.htm
    This e-mail "bomber" is very easy to use, no deep explanation needed here. Set the "Attacker's E-mail" to [email protected] and set the subject to "World of Warcraft - Account".

Now, all we need is a dependable message to send the victim. Most scams recommend using messages with terrible spelling and grammar, this gives it away instantly. Also, when you get an e-mail from blizzard regarding an account issue, it no longer comes with the parchment paper background and never comes as one solid image. The e-mail we will be sending is modified from the official blizzard warning/ban e-mail. Here it is:

Greetings!

It has come to our unfortunate attention that you have been participating in online trading activities. Blizzard Entertainment takes these violations very seriously. In an effort to protect the integrity of the game we are forced to conduct an investigation on the matter.

Investigation Launched: DD/MM/YY
    Type of Violation: Involvement in online trading activities
    Consequences for Account: Account suspended permanently.

It is with regret that we take this type of action, but it is in the best interests of the World of Warcraft community as a whole, and for the integrity of the game. To prevent this action from taking place, we will need to verify your account immediately. We will request that you send the following information from the template below to our administration alias, <INSERT "SWITCH" EMAIL HERE>.

* First and Surname

* Address

* Zip code

* Phone number Daytime

* Country

* Account e-mail

* CD-key, alternative a photograph of your CD-key that is located on your manual for World of Warcraft.

* Account name

* Account password

* Secret Question and Answer

This is the first step taken to verify your account. We request that this be done in a timely fashion.

Blizzard Entertainment Inc
    Account Administration Team
    P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623

This is what makes up the bait and switch. You want to get the person scared and convinced by sending them an intimidating e-mail from [email protected], and instruct them to send all their details to the "switch" e-mail. After you send the first e-mail, just hit the back button and paste your next e-mail in the Victim box. Now sit back on your "switch" e-mail and let-em roll in.

Step 3 - Protecting your scammed account
    So, some poor bloke responded to one of your e-mails with all or some of his account info. Calm down, don't go rushing into his account to see what he has. If you sent out e-mails to an entire guild, if you boot this guy off in the middle of a raid or guild run then you might have some trouble. Also, the victim could have an alternate account and might be on vent. If you DC him and he can't get on his account, hes going to let the guild know... The guild you sent all those e-mails out to.

The first thing you will want to do is check to see if the victim used the same password for his account as his e-mail address. If he did, your in luck. If not, try some alterations of his password. Example: If his WoW password is spacemonkey17, then try spacemonkey, spacemonkey1, spacemonkey7 etc... Next, log into his WoW account on the website, not the game. First, change his password. Immediately after that, change his e-mail address to one of yours, and confirm it fom his e-mail address. Make sure you delete the mail he received from blizzard. Once this is done, his chances of retrieving his account are now very slim. While your logged in on the site, poke around and check out his characters.

Still dying to check this guy out in game? Wait. Like I explained, if the victim has a chance to warn the guild of the e-mail, the scam is over for everyone he warns. Use a dummy account with a character on his realm, and wait until he goes offline. Once you get on their account your home free.

Make sure you saved all the info he sent to you into a notepad document. It may come in useful if the original owner tries to dispute the account, or if he somehow gets it back. The CD key and all of his contact information may help with that.

If you enjoyed this scam, and it worked for you then post your successes here. Rep would be appreciated but I'm not begging for it. Only thing I ask, is if your going to copy this scam exactly or the template I provided, go ahead and drop me some credit.

Good luck and happy scamming,
    m3th

Last edited by m3thart; 02-25-2008 at 07:44 PM.

Ultimate email scam guide with working anonymous e-mail service.
    Megadeadlord's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got an email sorta like this, i repliyed with "or u can give me ur info and go F@#! ur mom!!!" then waited for a response, i knew if i got a response like "WTF MAN" it wasnt blizz, i didnt get a reply at all.

killlah4's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got an email like this also, my reply is to offensive to be posted here
    But I might try this scam, because theres a lot of noobs out there.

Y060N's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that on most forums, nobody posts their MSN, and most people don't use their AIM e-mail as their primary.

m3thart's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Y060N View Post
    I find that on most forums, nobody posts their MSN, and most people don't use their AIM e-mail as their primary.
    It usually ends up being 1/4 for the msn thing, so with a forum with 200 + users it's still useful, as far as the AIM thing goes it's at least worth a try.

Dianetix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to say that instead of looking for the email addresses yourself, you can use a program to auto leach and format them. I use Ada email address search pro.... Works very well. :-)

Blackheat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please include that the original source is from me?

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ohh btw , anyone wanna join my server??? PM me or visit website

dont advertise your server in the scam section

otherwise thx for the email template
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Prodigal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long does it take to send the bomber emails? It's taking forever!
    Last edited by Prodigal; 12-29-2007 at 10:19 AM.

-Saphyro-'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This scam looks very promising, i might try it out in the near future. If so, i will reply back if it worked or not!

leader1323's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well it's a really nice scam working on one account right now but kinda stuck on how to tell him his account security won't be comprimised any suggestions :P

m3thart's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by leader1323 View Post
    well it's a really nice scam working on one account right now but kinda stuck on how to tell him his account security won't be comprimised any suggestions :P
    Sometimes you will get a reply where a user is skeptical and won't divulge all of his information. I usually just ignore those and get back to sending more e-mails out.

I suppose you could go back to the bomber and send the user another e-mail, explaining that you are in fact blizzard etc.. If you sent it from the mail.com address then the person would probably notice the footer.

leader1323's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kk ty i think i'll send another email

monkey11111's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem im having with this scam is, that i never get the accounts email password haha.
    maybe we could add something in there like:
    *Account E-Mail(and any information you may find helpful to us ex: password)
    or something haha cuz if u dont get their password, then they can just take the account back right away :[

m3thart's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I know what exactly what you mean monkey, haha. Well, at least this scam works well for characters on your own realm so at least you can steal their gold etc.

It's not always so bad through. Sometimes people insert fake information or forget their SQ/A and then you're in luck. Or better yet, sometimes they use the same password for their e-mail.

I just got a nice account with 3 70s on it (tier 4-5), five minutes later I get DC/d. Ah well, ran off with 700 gold.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast