How to get rest of account info from scammed account if you only have user/pass menu

User Tag List

djoleb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get rest of account info from scammed account if you only have user/pass

Note: THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF ACCOUNT ALREADY HAS PARENTAL PASSWORD SET.

Go to parental control page. The beauty is that you don't even have to know the parental password to do this, the parental page will open without prompting you to enter password. Then click on "CHANGE PASSWORD", and you will get the page looking like this:

AND THERE YOU GO, THE EMAIL ADDRESS THE ACCOUNT IS REGISTERED AT IS VISIBLE HERE (and yeye, I know, that may not be the email acc is registered to but only parental control is, but in 99% of the time it is same email adress)

Now what you want to do to continue your scam is:

1) Try guessing the email password. You already have guy's WoW password, there are good chances that email and WoW pass are the same. Also try any combination of char names / owner name and stuff, you might get lucky.
    2) If that dont work, you can go with email scam, pretending to be Blizzard. And here is why it should work:
    -first of all, you will know the account name, so you can start the email with "Dear [name here]..."
    -second of all, his account really got hacked, by you, so you first log his char and make some damage (steal gold / items and stuff) so we are sure he made a GM ticket or email, and he is expecting a mail like this to arrive. This is how your email will look like (this is legit email i got from Blizz when i made ticket i suspect i have keyloger):

Greetings,

Please read this mail carefully, as we would like to see your issue addressed as fast as possible.

We have reason to believe that your account has been compromised using a Key Logger or Trojan virus which can be used to obtain the account name and password of World of Warcraft accounts used on that computer. We have therefore suspended access to the account, while we investigate the account for any losses incurred and verify that your computer is secure.

We will contact you again once we have finished our investigation.

Please make sure that you are using the most current routines for your anti-virus software.

If your virus detection software is not able to detect or clean the infected files, or if you do not have any virus detection software, then please try one of the following web-based virus scanners:

Windows:
    Panda ActiveScan - Free online antivirus. Download ActiveScan and clean your PC. Panda Security
    Trend Micro Housecall - Trend Micro HouseCall - Free Online Virus and Spyware Scan - Trend Micro USA
    McAfee FreeScan - McAfee – Computer Anti-Virus Software and Internet Security For Your PC
    Symantec - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/hom...dex_virus.html
    Kaspersky - Free Virus Scan - Kaspersky Lab

Free anti-virus applications:
    Avast! Home Edition - Free antivirus - avast! 4 Home Edition
    AVG - AVG Anti-Virus and Internet Security - Welcome

Mac:
    McAfee FreeScan - McAfee – Computer Anti-Virus Software and Internet Security For Your PC

Please note that Key Loggers and Trojan viruses send information about your passwords to other people and should be considered a serious threat to the integrity of your account. If steps are not taken to remove any possible programs from your computer, it is highly probable that your account will become compromised once more.

Once you have performed the above steps, please send us another mail, with the following information:

Account Name: the account name that you are using to login.
    CD Key: original WoW game CD-key
    Name: the full name that the account was created with.
    Address: The address information given when the account was created.
    Zip/Postal Code: The zip/postal code that was given when the account was created.
    Your Secret Question and Answer.
    The Following Statement: "I have now checked the security of my computer, ensuring it is free of any viruses or key loggers and can confirm all appropriate precautions have been taken."

Once this has been done, we will continue processing your account.

Please note that it is the responsibility of the account holder to maintain the security of the account. Excessive or repeated failure to ensure the security of the account can result in warnings and, in extreme cases, permanent account closure.

For security reasons, we also need you to nominate a new secret question and answer. The list of available questions is:

- Mother's maiden name?
    - High School?
    - Pet's name?
    - Favourite movie?
    - Favourite colour?

The answer to the question does not necessarily have to be the right one, but can be an answer that only you will know.

As soon as we have this information we will be able to progress the resolution of this matter for you.

We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in World of Warcraft!

If you wish to review our current Rules and Policies, they can be found at:
    World of Warcraft Europe -> Game Policies

Regards,

Tasardria
    Account Administration Team
    Blizzard Entertainment Europe
    World of Warcraft Europe

If you reply, please include all previous text and files related to this e-mail.

Hope this helps someone. This should work pretty fine i think, havent tested second part yet, so far got lucky 2 times WoW and email pass were a mach
    Good luck and have fun scaming :wave:

How to get rest of account info from scammed account if you only have user/pass
    spike999's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to get rest of account info from scammed account if you only have user/pass

this should work. thanks for taking the time to make that bliz letter up (or maybe copy paste, w/ev)

Cryt's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to get rest of account info from scammed account if you only have user/pass

this is a nice guide, very insightfull. and great blizz letter
    Where there's a will, there's an inheritance.
    aim
    sielonsusmsn[email protected]

djoleb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is real Blizzard mail, i recived it after i pretended my account is hacked, look at
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...tml#post368954
    and see more about it