Email/Website Scam - Everything You Need menu

User Tag List

Nightfel

Email/Website Scam - Everything You Need

This thread tells you how to do email and website scams through email. By email scam I mean sending an email asking for login, password, etc and by website I mean sending an email telling the person to goto a spoofed website that you make recording there login, password, etc. I know no one falls for these emails but ive gotten 15+ accts from it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First before you get or read anything from this post +rep these 2 threads because they made the website scam:
    -http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-scams/24870-no-more-email-phishing-its-time-for-the-real-thing.html
    -http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-scams/25099-phishing-scams-email-combinded.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything you need is in the download so Im just gonna explain whast included here:

-1st SMTP Server - Used to send out emails
    -Advance Emailer - Used to send emails
    -Email Scam - ReadMe and templet I use
    -Website Scam - Spoofed wow website (This includeds the extra acct info page made by TheBard
    -Info - Websites to host spoof and places to get tons of web redirects

ReadMe:
    When I was testing this I think there could be a problem with the SMTP settings in Advance Emailer if you get error like need to set up at least one SMTP server do this. Load Advance Emailer then goto File > Options if you dont see anything under host click add and set SMTP Host: to localhost and click Ok

---------------------------------
    Downloads

Download: WoW Scams.rar
    Mirror 1: RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
    Mirror 2: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Below are examples of the emails that are made with this

Website Email Scam

Greetings!
    It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account.
    As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
    If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard employee's.
    Blizzard might consider taking legal actions against your crime, if it seems too be of an extreme nature.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account.
    This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment takes these sales
    quite serious. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
    This is easiest done by confirming your personal information at the following website:

Account Confirmation <<That is where it links to spoof web site

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
    We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.

As soon as we have this information we will be able to progress the resolution of this matter for you.

If you wish to review our current Rules and Polices, they can be found at: World of Warcraft Community Site -> Support

Blizzard Entertainment Inc
    Account Administration Team
    P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623

Regards,

Benkye
    Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
    World of Warcraft Community Site

Email Scam

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account.
    As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
    If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard employee's.
    Blizzard might consider taking legal actions against your crime, if it seems too be of an extreme nature.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account.
    This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment takes these sales
    quite serious. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
    This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.
    You can confirm that yaou are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verfiy your account and information via email.

-------------------------------
    First Name:
    Last Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State/Prov./Region:
    ZIP/Postal Code:
    Account Email:
    Daytime Phone:
    Account Name:
    Account Password:
    Secret Answer:
    -------------------------------

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
    We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.

As soon as we have this information we will be able to progress the resolution of this matter for you.

If you wish to review our current Rules and Polices, they can be found at:
    World of Warcraft Community Site -> Support

Blizzard Entertainment Inc
    P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623

Regards,

Benkye
    Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
    World of Warcraft Community Site
    Last edited by Nightfel; 08-17-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Email/Website Scam - Everything You Need
    Le Froid's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Email/Website Scam - Everything You Need

read blizz forums :| they know about this scam and warned everybody

MetalFan666's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya its pretty dead and i think in another one of these threads two ple were fined and charged dunno if its true but ya use ip changer/hider if attempting this just incase lol

Nazboys's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is like the 4th time ive read something like this....

Nightfel

"read blizz forums :| they know about this scam and warned everybody"
    I sent out 23 emails so far Ive gotten 4 accounts. Everyone doesnt read the forums

"ya its pretty dead and i think in another one of these threads two ple were fined and charged dunno if its true but ya use ip changer/hider if attempting this just incase lol"
    Quote from my 1st post: "I know no one falls for these emails", not sure about the fine
    EDIT: Heres quote of post about fine "Guys shoulden't do this because i got a perm ban and the guy sent my E-mail to the cops and blizzard and the cops traced it. Came to my house. and went to jail over-night and was fined 800 dollars because when i did that i got a shit load of personal information... So take it from me and don't take the risk." it could be true but I dont think you would be sent to jail if it was real I think it would involve going to court adn they would have to get proof, dont think they would jsut show up and fine you was also posted by someone who just joined a while ago and has 25 post

"this is like the 4th time ive read something like this...."
    This isnt the same as all the other ones. I put the programs u need and the files you need with readme
    Last edited by Nightfel; 08-20-2007 at 02:01 AM.