0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scammers Can Make More By Cooperating

I have often been able to make some cash with a quick scam, putrely becasue i have taken the opportunity to talk to other characters on my server that I think are involved in scamming.

It is a loose arrangement, but i am always happy to share information and get useful stuff back in return.

Talking about scamming in the game is not banable, it is debateable whether it could be used as evidence - especially if you say you were winding someone up otr trying to uncover scammers yourself by infiltrating them.

So how would we organise such a cross server scam organisation - use a simple codeword ?

any ideas ?

what I am talking about here - are situations where one scammer noticves an opportunity they can't or do not wish to take advantage of and they can then talk to their m8 or fellow scammer and they can go for it - if they want to.

2-3 players all coming at a "customer" from different angles can help immensely, and opportunities need to be acted on quickly.

couple of us very successsfully scammed the same guy several times in less than an hour for over 600g and this wouldn't have happned if wed not talked to each other.
    Last edited by Thunderballs; 09-07-2006 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost

Scammers Can Make More By Cooperating
    Scarmaker's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Scammers Can Make More By Cooperating

Good / Correct idea. +rep
    BTW be careful of the others, they may scam you too.

Tory's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    19/11
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A scammer you don't know is only out to scam you in my books. I would advise using a close friend (preferably real life) if you wish to continue to do this with trust.

Or if all else fails, be the one who scams the other... then you get 2x the loot. Scam the scammers ftw.
    [RETIRED] MMOwned.com Co-Founder & Developer

Thunderballs's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know..

There is serious bit of psychology that goes to work here.

Hello i asm a scammer - defenses go up

sure you would be silly not to be watching out for a scam from such a person, but you should be doing that anyway - becasue anyone could scam you and they are generall not going to announce it.

You would be taking a risk to cooperate in a way that risks you loosing more than you can afford to loose but you would also be a silly scammer if you dont explore opportunities to work with other good scammers so that you both benefit.

It is all very well being suspicious of everyone, but ultimately we are social beings and if you can hook up with a few scammers and do some more vaiured and interesting stuff thats going to widen your experiences of the game.

And if you scam a scammer you can be pretty sue he/she knew there was a risk of it happeneing so it is a hollow victory.

Scarmaker's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But, i would watch out for them doing what you intended to do to them, and if you did good, maybe you guys can hook up later and scam some more unsuspecting people

Ðeception's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is hard tho to scam another scammer especially an experienced one because i have had ppl try to use scams i use on me. So it is almost impossible to Scam a Scammer unless they are litterally mental.
    If i can't kill you.....I'll get someone who can....:fu:

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure- but there are also training costs - if u get scammed you learn a new scam - and that may make you $$$ over the cost of you being scammed in the first place.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by **eception
    it is hard tho to scam another scammer especially an experienced one because i have had ppl try to use scams i use on me. So it is almost impossible to Scam a Scammer unless they are litterally mental.
    OOOh

That sort of attitude will get you scammed.

Have the sense to know that you are human and it would be impossible for you to know every possible scam and lie etc - it is also impossible for you to program or train your personality to such a dgree that you are not scammable.

The people who say XXX will never happen to me are often wrong.

Now I am not saying it is not easy to reduce your risks of being scammed to almost zero, but if you do that, you will probably have a very different in game experience to someone that hasnt closed up shop and tried to protect themselves from every eventuality. You will probably make less money too - becasue you can always learn something new and 1 + 1 often makes 3.