0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    yes but then it is out of our control you tard, we have done what we can to stop it

Don't call me a tard now, it's insulting and i haven't done anything than pointing out that the scam section wasn't the easiest place to get rep.

NEW RULES for scam section 19th september 2009
    2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [Ban Hammer] View Post
    Don't call me a tard now, it's insulting and i haven't done anything than pointing out that the scam section wasn't the easiest place to get rep.
    LOL tard .
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

[Ban Hammer]'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 2dgreengiant View Post
    LOL tard .

Yeah, yeah - who else could i expect making such a reply? ;> You're a nub 2d and you know it!

burton992's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally i think its a very good idea.

Obv this was a big decision to make as alot of hits for the site were to the scam section but the place was out of control, paypal scams, 100s of phishers ect... were filling the place up. I did get alot of my rep from the scam section and do do minor scamming myself but imo you have done the right thing.

I love the new rules, the old in game trade trick was awesome so yay to more things like that

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant move, well done staff! Nice to see things as they were intended.

Equ1N0X's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can i have my cookie back? i was eating it and errage stole it from me, so i want it back.

Henessy's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you really have to remove the scams section completely? ... Or was this issue about f*cking 'Steve' and his problem with our content?

dep.ARTed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jess~ View Post
    Did you really have to remove the scams section completely? ...
    Why don't make a Elite Section for Scammers like the Elite Guides or elite Exploits? That would be better then just completely remove it..
    ...from Germany. I'm sorry for bad english, but I'll try my best!

johnyluck's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Captain Wigga View Post
    Now it will be easier to scam since every retard won't know about every scam within 10 minutes.
    lol

exactly

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    349/295
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you really have to remove the scams section completely? ... Or was this issue about f*cking 'Steve' and his problem with our content?
    this has nothing to do with steve this has to do with none of the staff liking scamming or scammers

Originally Posted by dep.ARTed View Post
    Why don't make a Elite Section for Scammers like the Elite Guides or elite Exploits? That would be better then just completely remove it..
    we dont like scamming or scammers, no reason to create a section for it.

nosepicker3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dep.ARTed View Post
    I'd like this. Personally I have no desire to ever come back to MMOwned if I can't find new and updated methods for my Phishers, E-mail scams, and other things. Give it a requirement. 100 Reputation, 100+ Posts, been a member for like 6+ months.
    I personally only play by scamming game-cards and other accounts, and I don't want to go back to shoplifting WoW GameCards and CD Keys at WalMart and Target.

There are no other sites like this, so I would either have to spend a large amount of my time updating and inventing new scams, something I just don't have the time for anymore, or make my own website, which is a hassle.

It is your website, I can't force anyone to change it, however it is disappointing. I do respect the decision though, it was incredibly leecher-friendly and out of control, and not to mention illegal in many ways.

I'm not going to say I grew a conscience, because I didn't, but it was a big decision guys, and I hope it turns out well for everyone.

Well this was the most organized place to find scams. If you're going to stay true, I'd delete the last... 125+ pages of this forum, because I haven't seen an "innocent" scam here for months...

Doing so won't eliminate scams, but it may increase the reputation of the website, however decreasing its views and popularity.

Whatever, good luck guys. I guess we'll have to find another website.
    Last edited by Dark_Angel; 09-20-2009 at 07:05 PM.

dep.ARTed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm...Why did you support it about more then a year ( I think more then a year, but could be lesser) and then say: "We dont like scammers! So screw you!". I dont get it...
    And if you dont want to get those scammers on mmowned, why don't you just delete all threats? Some are closed and some are still open..
    Last edited by dep.ARTed; 09-20-2009 at 03:08 PM.
    ...from Germany. I'm sorry for bad english, but I'll try my best!

Henessy's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah... one of the main reasons I come to MMOwned is for the Scams section... now when I go to the scams section all I see is 'HOW NOT TO GET SCAMMED'. IMO It might be time to visit another site... who knows.

Trollin's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah... one of the main reasons I come to MMOwned is for the Scams section... now when I go to the scams section all I see is 'HOW NOT TO GET SCAMMED'. IMO It might be time to visit another site... who knows.
    Do it.

fillafillafilla

Dark_Angel's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/5
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For all you who are thinking of leaving because MMOwned took a big step forward, then leave, we don't need your bitching and complaining. As stated in the OP, the section was MEANT for in game scams and LEGAL scams, but over the years it got out of hand, and just recently in the last couple months it was only phishers. The staff has been discussing on changing it for awhile, but it took a smack in the face for us to decide to change it. I, being a moderator in this section for over a year, have seen things go from one thing to the next. When phishers came up, I at first didn't see the harm in it, but over the last few months its been overwhelming, one phisher after another of the same thing. When Matt created this site, I doubt he intended it to be a one phisher after another.
    For all those who don't see that mmowned is moving on from being a "bunch of thieves" (quoted from a Blizzard staff awhile back ago) to bigger and greater things, just move on to something else. Created a scam? Great, post it, just make sure you put a prevention for our community. Made a phisher? Cool, but this isn't the place for it anymore. There may be 250 pages of it, but that's old news, this is new.
    and I don't want to go back to shoplifting WoW GameCards and CD Keys at WalMart and Target.
    This, is exactly why we changed it. Scamming gold and maybe a account or two is one thing, but real life scamming is just plain robbery and theft.

because I haven't seen an "innocent" scam here for months...
    This, yet again, is why we changed it. It was getting WAY out of hand, and this is NOT what was intended.
    Doing so won't eliminate scams, but it may increase the reputation of the website, however decreasing its views and popularity.
    No, the scam section isn't the only thing we changed, we changed the trade section too, which will hopefully increase the popularity. This section may lose the value it had and may take some time for it to build up again. It is not our intention on eliminating scams, heck, you can still post scams as long as you put a prevention. We just don't want to promote theft.
    Hmm...Why did you support it about more then a year ( I think more then a year, but could be lesser) and then say: "We dont like scammers! So screw you!". I dont get it...
    And if you dont want to get those scammers on mmowned, why don't you just delete all threats? Some are closed and some are still open..
    That is were your wrong, we never supported illegal scamming, we always had the "we do not condone scamming" where the section is, we just didn't enforce it much because when it came up we didn't really know what to do with it (besides keyloggers and some really bad shit.)

Like I said, if your crying over mmowned moving in the right step then go. You can still post scams, just no illegal stuff, Why? Because why would we promote theft to 13, 14 and 15 year olds?!

Oh and btw, there's another thread for flaming/discussion ^^.
    /end rant

Dark Angel
    Last edited by Dark_Angel; 09-21-2009 at 07:11 PM.

XMOD- Greenies are disgusting! Corrupt 2d was here~

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast