0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Actually, none of the admins were the original suggesters (is that even a word?) to the Whitehat changeover. It was the 'lackluster moderation' team. Also; in case you haven't noticed, there is only about 10 people or so in the staff for the entire site, of 1M+ posts, 500k+ users. The fact that you think our work is 'lackluster' is moot, since you have no idea what we actually do.

Also, there have been numerous anti-scam threads in the past 2 years, however, they were usually lost within 10-15 minutes to the insane amount of other threads.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...ammed-wow.html was the first hit via Google

Lastly; beligerate isn't a word. (Though, I know what you meant)
    Yes, I kinda understand now because of the sheer amount of posts every hour or so, it get's overwhelmed but why weren't these threads stickied since as you said they were the reason the scamming forum existed.

I would of thought the staff would put priority over these posts and I don't think it was clearly advertised that the forum was meant for anti-scamming which is another mistake they failed to put right.

Also by looking at the thread you linked me, quite a few people said it's a scamming forum and not-to-be-scammed forum so that further proves my point how ignorant people were.
    Last edited by Inquality; 09-19-2009 at 10:33 PM.

NEW RULES for scam section 19th september 2009
    Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do not condone scamming, this section is meant for people to read about scamming so they can prevent being scammed themselves.
    That has been there since I joined the site. I don't see how it can be any more blatant.

Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This part of the forum started for, as KuR started it, things like the backspace trade trick. Not so much full blown phishers.

However, it didn't go from 1 extreme to another in a day. This section slowly became what it was a few days ago. The way the community slowly became used to things such as gold farmer scams, to tcg scams, made it hard for us to put our foot down on something no one was complaining about. Users could still see how they worked and how to prevent themselves from being the victim of the latest scams.

Meanwhile, the 'lackluster moderation' team was busy closing / moderating thousands of posts, testing every exploit comming out, searching everytime someone called "repost", doing pages of reported posts a day, tracked down rep traders, dealt with alot of other things going on that you might not be able to see.

When the section got out of hand is when phishers started coming out and people started asking for fake ID's to recall accounts / other kind of unorthodox phishers.

We had been talking about turning the section upside down for quite a while and it took a lot of talking and work to make sure it wouldn't hurt the website.

When we decide on changes to the website, we decide it as a team. We couldn't just set our foot down when the "borderline" to acceptable was pushed a little bit further.

Hope that made some sense. I'm really tired tonight.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hooray. Finally.

Inquality's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    That has been there since I joined the site. I don't see how it can be any more blatant.
    You can't? I sure as hell can:

1. It should be as big as [NO QUESTIONS HERE] or have the same font, the 'Whitehat' segment should be too.

2. I really don't remember any sticky saying the site does not condone scamming, until now of course.

Maybe this is down to some peoples comprehension skills with English however when trying to get a point across to the forum goers, big and colourful sentences are better then small and grey.

@ Parog:

Now that I've heard in much detail the amount of work the moderation team has to go through, I take what I said back.

After moderating a heavy-usage site once, I know it isn't easy and it is often thankless work.
    Last edited by Inquality; 09-19-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Inquality View Post
    thankless work.

This.

We do it because we like the website and want to keep the community safe and fun to be part of. Glad you understand now.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Syncness's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/65
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh.. I learned a lot from the scamming section based on the scams people put out.

When the Cataclysm scam first came out, I stuck it on my guild's MoTD, and warned everyone on vent (that night during raid).
    Double check you're trading with me in case of impostors

Patchumz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woot, finally this gets taken care off.

andr3w_91's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There goes 3/4 of mmowned`s users

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    350/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Inquality View Post
    You can't? I sure as hell can:

1. It should be as big as [NO QUESTIONS HERE] or have the same font, the 'Whitehat' segment should be too.

2. I really don't remember any sticky saying the site does not condone scamming, until now of course.

Maybe this is down to some peoples comprehension skills with English however when trying to get a point across to the forum goers, big and colourful sentences are better then small and grey.

@ Parog:

Now that I've heard in much detail the amount of work the moderation team has to go through, I take what I said back.

After moderating a heavy-usage site once, I know it isn't easy and it is often thankless work.
    1. I see your points and I will look into it when im on a real computer as u are right "whitehat" should be highlighted as well. thank you.

parog explains the 2. part further down

Originally Posted by andr3w_91 View Post
    There goes 3/4 of mmowned`s users
    hehe u know nothing, that is what we thought at first, but it turned out that scam section wasnt as big as we originally thought, it was the same ppl posting over and over and over ... and little to no changes to their posts

Aldun's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe u know nothing, that is what we thought at first, but it turned out that scam section wasnt as big as we originally thought, it was the same ppl posting over and over and over ... and little to no changes to their posts
    Not only that, many people used it as a "rep farming" forum as well, since it was quite easy to get rep there (Yep, I'm guilty.) So I don't really think it will have too much of an impact on the site. Also, with these changes and the changes to the trading section that may become more active as well.

[Ban Hammer]'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aldun View Post

Not only that, many people used it as a "rep farming" forum as well, since it was quite easy to get rep there (Yep, I'm guilty.) So I don't really think it will have too much of an impact on the site. Also, with these changes and the changes to the trading section that may become more active as well.
    Well, if that's your argument with "rep farming" then why don't we take down graphic and model editing section too? Prolly the 2 easiest places to get your rep as long as you got just a little knowledge about it. (At the graphic section it prolly requires like 2 weeks of photoshop training and you're ready to farm rep).

But i agree with this as a i said in this thread already. But i want to defend the scam section by saying that some of us didn't rep farm in there. We spent a long time finding new scams and new twists on old scams that could be used without being too illegal(like phishers, never touched those bastards).

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    350/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    no rep can be given in graphics...
    Model Editing is not bad imo.

[Ban Hammer]'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    no rep can be given in graphics...
    Model Editing is not bad imo.
    Well, people just find the person who made the sig in another thread and give him rep from there. Never seen someone gotten rep and it said "for the awesome sig you made" or summat?

It happens, and it's easy made rep.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    350/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yes but then it is out of our control you tard, we have done what we can to stop it

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast