Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you just shut the scamming forum down completely considering you just banned the most viable WoW scams.

Also I think it's pretty late so state the reason for this change was because of morality, it has been like this for the past 2 or so years (with the same amount of consistency) and you allowed it so that's a load of bullshit if that was really the case you would of done this 6 or so months after these forums opened which of course you didn't.
    Last edited by Inquality; 09-19-2009 at 06:46 PM.

NEW RULES for scam section 19th september 2009
    Albedo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank god. No more opposition to my phisher.

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its time that I reply to this thread.. and my reply is going to be a bit different then some of my fellow fans are going to expect it to be.

I AGREE WITH THIS CHANGE
    I SUPPORT IT 100%
    I ALSO KNEW IT WAS COMING

Scamming is one thing.. but to be openly talking about what we do and why we do it was a bit sick TBH. Im not gonna lie, I took a huge part in this and gained a lot of my rep from this section. But its time to move on.

I AM QUITTING SCAMMING ALL-TOGETHER
    I WILL NO LONGER BE PROVIDING ADVICE TO SCAMMERS
    I WILL NO LONGER BE GIVING AWAY ANYTHING VIA PM

It has been a fun ride, and I have profited greatly.. but its time I moved on to bigger and better things.

I have applied to MMOwned newsteam, so if I get that position I will be spending my free time writing. And if I dont.. I will still be designating my free time to something more positive than ripping children off for their video game characters.

Its time we all grow up... take a page from my book

Many of you have idolized and looked up to the posts I have made reguarding scamming. So idolize this one- QUIT NOW

You are all still my friends and im not going on an anti-scamming coalition or anything.. just realized the error of my ways.

Good Luck To You All

Albedo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah.. time to move on elsewhere.
    Last edited by Albedo; 09-19-2009 at 07:34 PM.

polackpl123's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats the point of this website then

Inquality's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by polackpl123 View Post
    Whats the point of this website then
    Unless you're retarded or blind, there are other sections in the forum but yeah I kinda agree with you, scamming is what this website is (infamously) known for and obviously a lot of the traffic will cease to exist as people will get their scamming fill elsewhere.. a pretty silly move on the administration's part but hey it's his site and he can do whatever the hell he wants to it.
    Last edited by Inquality; 09-19-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Troys's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally its has been done! Cheers !

I always wondered when you guys would do something about this and Finally ! haha
    Pals 4 Life

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Inquality View Post
    scamming is what this website is (infamously) known for
    Hey you ever think, just for a moment, that thats something we want to change?
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
    Hey you ever think, just for a moment, that thats something we want to change?
    I would agree with you if this was done sooner rather then later (REALLY later) but I'm afraid the damaged has already been done because of the sheer negligence from the mod/admin team and now you think because of the recent change of heart, the general opinion of this site will change?

That's as likely as me winning the lottery 100 times.
    Last edited by Inquality; 09-19-2009 at 09:18 PM.

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree with you if this was done sooner rather then later (REALLY later) but I'm afraid the damaged has already been done because of the site owner's negligence and reversing the damaged this has caused to the sites reputation is irreversible now so it's all a bit pointless, imo.
    From someone who has been here 2 years and actually participated in this section at one time, the section was getting waaay out of hand. If you had said "do something with the scam section" 2 years ago you'd've been laughed at, because there wasn't very much "wrong" with it. Look at it recently and its completely different, we didn't have every other post being a new phisher release, we didn't have keyloggers being posted, it was just simple things like "press backspace right before you trade and get items really cheap". The reputation isn't as "damaged" as you might think anyway.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
    From someone who has been here 2 years and actually participated in this section at one time, the section was getting waaay out of hand. If you had said "do something with the scam section" 2 years ago you'd've been laughed at, because there wasn't very much "wrong" with it. Look at it recently and its completely different, we didn't have every other post being a new phisher release, we didn't have keyloggers being posted, it was just simple things like "press backspace right before you trade and get items really cheap". The reputation isn't as "damaged" as you might think anyway.
    Yeah, I can understand your point HOWEVER the regular person who has heard of this site will not care of the content or the severity of the scams because in their mind there is absolutely no difference as it still rips people off one way or another, whether that has something to do with the ingenious of the scam or because the victim was stupid is a completely different matter.

It's not like I do not want MMOwned to recover from this blunder because I do, as an active (leecher :P) member since the beginning of 2007, I know that it wasn't as bad as it is now but to the average joe that is not really relevant.

Anyway, what do you mean 'not as damaged' since the site hosts scam content which is obviously extremely taboo in the WoW community, I don't see how it isn't if you can explain more on this point I'd be extremely grateful.

But I guess people could of come here and research more on the subject so they don't get ripped off and with the plethora of anti-scam guides going it will help with the restoration I suppose.
    Last edited by Inquality; 09-19-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warning: Long post incoming.

@Inquality: First, learn how to spell Inequality. Second, your views of the situation are moot. You have no say in what we do here, and you are more than welcome to go have your illegal fun elsewhere.

This section was originally created to help PREVENT people from being scammed. Not hand out free ways to do it (the 50 million phisher threads, keyloggers, etc).

While I can't argue that the staff are somewhat to blame for the recent (or not so recent as you keep.. ****ing... putting it) change from prevention, to all out scamming. We are taking responsibility for our actions, and attempting to fix the problem. If you have an issue with that, tough shit. Shut up and sit down, nobody wants to hear it.

Personally, I don't care what your views are of the site. So long as we're still alive and running, I'll be happy. And you should be happy this section even still exists. Yes, it would be easiest to completely remove this section all together, however, now that we have one of the largest databases of WoW scamming material, we can finally go back to what we originally set out to do, and start protecting WoW players.

The damage to the sites reputation has been done, (well, 'damage' is in the eye of the beholder, personally, I think it put MMOwned on the map), however, it's time to fix it. You'll be seeing quite a few new things come about on the site. While this is a fairly major change, it's actually quite minor in the scope of things to come.

Anyhow, as I said, we ****ed up. Now we're fixing it. It's that simple. If you have an issue with it, go somewhere else. I'm sure the other slimeballs will be more than happy to hand you stuff on a silver platter as we have. Just don't get angry when the site you decided to get angry at, starts denying you of your scamming.

TLDR; Shut up. Nobody cares.

Emilie Autumn's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG finally, too long has the scam section been nothing but 10,000 phishing pages, back to the world of ingame fukovers =P
    Interview: Is it all behind the face?
    Emilie: No, it's all beneath the skirt.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Warning: Long post incoming.

@Inquality: First, learn how to spell Inequality. Second, your views of the situation are moot. You have no say in what we do here, and you are more than welcome to go have your illegal fun elsewhere.

This section was originally created to help PREVENT people from being scammed. Not hand out free ways to do it (the 50 million phisher threads, keyloggers, etc).

While I can't argue that the staff are somewhat to blame for the recent (or not so recent as you keep.. ****ing... putting it) change from prevention, to all out scamming. We are taking responsibility for our actions, and attempting to fix the problem. If you have an issue with that, tough shit. Shut up and sit down, nobody wants to hear it.

Personally, I don't care what your views are of the site. So long as we're still alive and running, I'll be happy. And you should be happy this section even still exists. Yes, it would be easiest to completely remove this section all together, however, now that we have one of the largest databases of WoW scamming material, we can finally go back to what we originally set out to do, and start protecting WoW players.

The damage to the sites reputation has been done, (well, 'damage' is in the eye of the beholder, personally, I think it put MMOwned on the map), however, it's time to fix it. You'll be seeing quite a few new things come about on the site. While this is a fairly major change, it's actually quite minor in the scope of things to come.

Anyhow, as I said, we ****ed up. Now we're fixing it. It's that simple. If you have an issue with it, go somewhere else. I'm sure the other slimeballs will be more than happy to hand you stuff on a silver platter as we have. Just don't get angry when the site you decided to get angry at, starts denying you of your scamming.

TLDR; Shut up. Nobody cares.
    Biggest. Misinterpretation. EVER!

Look at the high and mighty, do you really think I care that you don't care about my opinions and why are you saying 'I' are you the supreme overlord of the forum now as my comments were not directed at you but the site's management (kurios and chris) while other people were going with the change and not voicing their opinion, I saw the opportunity to do so please don't try to beligerate me because I'm not a yes man like everyone else around here.

It's funny how I have NEVER seen an anti-scam thread (before the new rules being implemented) as you pointed out, if you can find one with a date of 07/08 then I will shut up about that point.

Besides I would be happy if the scamming forum was completely removed as I no longer play WoW, and haven't for nearly 6 months, I just visit the site now and again to see if anything has changed in its lacklustre moderation.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggest. Misinterpretation. EVER!

Look at the high and mighty, do you really think I care that you don't care about my opinions and why are you saying 'I' are you the supreme overlord of the forum now as my comments were not directed at you but the site's management (kurios and chris) while other people were going with the change and not voicing their opinion, I saw the opportunity to do so please don't try to beligerate me because I'm not a yes man like everyone else around here.

It's funny how I have NEVER seen an anti-scam thread (before the new rules being implemented) as you pointed out, if you can find one with a date of 07/08 then I will shut up about that point.

Besides I would be happy if the scamming forum was completely removed as I no longer play WoW, and haven't for nearly 6 months, I just visit the site now and again to see if anything has changed in its lacklustre moderation.
    Actually, none of the admins were the original suggesters (is that even a word?) to the Whitehat changeover. It was the 'lackluster moderation' team. Also; in case you haven't noticed, there is only about 10 people or so in the staff for the entire site, of 1M+ posts, 500k+ users. The fact that you think our work is 'lackluster' is moot, since you have no idea what we actually do.

Also, there have been numerous anti-scam threads in the past 2 years, however, they were usually lost within 10-15 minutes to the insane amount of other threads.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...ammed-wow.html was the first hit via Google

Lastly; beligerate isn't a word. (Though, I know what you meant)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast