0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoW Mobile Beta Phiser

Hey all, this is my first scam idea and post here, so take it easy.

First of all i must say that this is a "help needed" post for a good designer, i got the whole idea so it's no problem with that area.

This is based on people that didn't get the Beta key for WotLK and are very, very sad.. so i figured out that they might be very exited when they suddenly get an mail saying they have won the roll for MOBILE WOW Beta (pretty imba, i know ^^)

Here's the template i did some minutes ago, and i take FULL credit for it. Please comment any bad typing or give some tips about what changes would make it more trustworty.

Greetings!

This email is to inform you that your beta opt-in was declined, this email is sent to you even if you did not register for the Wrath of the Lich King beta.
    But we at Blizzard Entertainment are planning to release a new mobile version of World of Warcraft at the European servers with functions as checking your mailbox, searching the auction house and chatting away with the ones you find in trade channel, general channel and guild chat. Everyone who did not get an Beta key for Wrath of the Lich King were automatically registered to the Mobile beta opt-in. We want to inform that you have won the competition for this mobile beta software. This is found on your account mobile beta management at <phiser link> where you can either get an wap link for direct download to your cellphone or an downloadable version that you may tranfser to your cellphone by your self.

We assure you that this beta software is not harmful to your cellphone in any way. It is tested on all Sony Ericson models since 2005, all Nokia models since 2006 and all Motorola models since 2007. This mobile version does not have an name yet so we sould really enjoy getting suggestions from you, wich are able to fill in at your account mobile beta management site <same phiser link>.

You may have to activate your World of Warcraft account to the Mobile beta. That is done by verifying your ownership by filling in your Secret Question/Anwser and Email, just as in the live World of Warcraft account management.

Regards,
    Marhiales
    Game Master
    Blizzard Entertainment
    And for the site itself, i would need som help with design and get it online. I looked up some designs and came up with this one: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...ogin-page.html. I think the first one looks very legit and would love a similar but in red color theme. i dont take any credit at all for this link ofc(*I thank Jimei*), just really impressed. Post some ideas according to the design and such, and if you might be able to help me make one. That's all for now, might edit something later. just go post now :wave:
    Last edited by dwd94; 11-01-2008 at 04:55 PM.

WoW Mobile Beta Phiser
    dwd94's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note: Haven't seen any "mobile beta phisers" so i hope this isn't a repost ^^

Trauts's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. You really need to learn to proofread what you write...It has some promise though. Maybe have the victims text their information to your email address from their phone?

dwd94's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Trauts View Post
    Wow. You really need to learn to proofread what you write...It has some promise though. Maybe have the victims text their information to your email address from their phone?
    n00b language plx ..i didn't get what you mean tbh

Trauts's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, a lot of apps done by cell phones use text messages for verification purposes ( to verify that you actually own that phone number ). It would change up the usual email/website routine and hopefully put noobs off guard. How effective this would be, I don't know. Just an idea I was bouncing around my head.

dwd94's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Trauts View Post
    Well, a lot of apps done by cell phones use text messages for verification purposes ( to verify that you actually own that phone number ). It would change up the usual email/website routine and hopefully put noobs off guard. How effective this would be, I don't know. Just an idea I was bouncing around my head.
    okay, but the reason i use the "mobile beta" idea is because it's a whole new platform for all players and they wont be able to suspect any scamming since there are no standards to this..

Artificial Womb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to be a good idea but damn it will be hard and take some time for sure.

jezzaxxx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be extremely hard to get emails for this wouldn't it??

But apart from that a very nice idea.

dwd94's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jezzaxxx View Post
    It would be extremely hard to get emails for this wouldn't it??

But apart from that a very nice idea.
    sry but, why would it be so hard? i could find out some way to discretly post in Trade channel eh? there are ALWAYS n00bs that will fall for it anyway ^^
    especially on my server, did the TCG scam for atleast 15 times lol..

Kalle1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice one +rep

dwd94's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kalle1 View Post
    nice one +rep
    w00t? i didn't get any.. :bowdown:

Dr. Doom's Avatar Elite User

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea, but should proof read it. I personally wouldnt fall for it, but theres a lot of idiots out there.

PuffDank's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep for a fresh idea