Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newer and more improved lottery scam! GREATLY reduce chance of ban

-----)(Please leave the copyright text intact)(-----
    This post is copyright by the user posting it and MMOwned.com - World of Warcraft Exploits,Hacks, Bots and Guides, where it was posted. You may not copy or reproduce this information on any other site without written permission from both the poster and MMOwned.com

I have been reading the lottery scam posts, combined with the gold guide post and have figured a way to combine both scams into 1 super scam! I don't see how any player or GM can have proof that this is a scam (Although it clearly is 6): )

1. Make a level 1 alt with a screwed up name (Alt codes, as also can be found in other posts) this is to further reduce chances or ban.

2. Send the level 1 alt money, maybe 50 silver or so (Mailing is 30 copper I believe, however many letters you wish to send)

3. Have your level 1 alt type up a letter saying "This is not a winning ticket, sorry! Try again!" Send it to your main or another alt if you prefer. After the first letter before you send , highlight it and hit cntrl c. It will be erased but don't worry it's normal. Now hit cntrl v. to paste it back on the page and send.

4. Keep repeating the proccess, cntrl v send, rinse and repeat.

5. The character's mailbox that you have sent it to will be flooded, just take out however many you sent to yourself but BE SURE to make 1 letter saying "WINNING TICKET! Send ^Person^ a tell and present this in ^Place^ at ^Day^ to recieve your prize!" If a GM even finds out what you have been doing, this is proof that it is not a scam.

6. /who 70 and keep on sending everyone a losing a lottery ticket C.O.D saying in the letter "You have been selected for a drawing hosted by *False guild name here, make it seem proffesional 'Hourly Raiders'* Winner shall recieve 4.5k gold, donated from our guild" Send each letter for like 30-60g a piece. Then the last letter, the winning ticket send to a friend in on this, or an alt. This just tackles down GMs if they want to ban you, showing this is no scam that there is in fact a winning lottery ticket. Now of course who ever recieve the lottery ticket will not complain, and will not show up for his or her prize.

7. Collect the thousands of gold you are going to recieve next day, depending on the price for each ticket, 100g a ticket sells to 10 people out of 90, 1k gold. 30 people out of 200, 3k gold. 80 people out of 952! 8 THOUSAND gold!

Let the money roll in and enjoy! Might be an hour before you start mailing out the golden tickets but all for a good cause. Even if you feel uncomfortable with a false guild name reduce your chances even MORE by just quickly making a guild, do this scam for a long time until you are flowing in money. You can mail this to over 600 people in a day if you swift with names. Have fun!

Newer and more improved lottery scam! GREATLY reduce chance of ban
    Pimpin_N0ob's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Newer and more improved lottery scam! GREATLY reduce chance of ban

Wow this is amazing... Might have to try this, but do you send two letters one saying you have been entered into raffle and one saying losing ticket?

huntsbynight's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow....a simple idea, but amazing!

+rep

leoj's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can be easily banned for this. Also, no one would fall for this =(.
    Fvck School

Xestrikers's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by leoj
    You can be easily banned for this. Also, no one would fall for this =(.
    "No one" is a pretty blant statement.

Tumbleweed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Gambling" is against the Terms of Service, so even though the scam itself isn't a bannable offense, the gambling part is. :confused:

Thall's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well unless someone complains then GMs arent gonna kno that ur gambling

Ozrien's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a decent idea but it has some fatal flaws imo:

1) Sending that many letters (952 stated earlier) will cost 28g at 30c per letter, both assuming that they'd even care or would be willing to pay the rediculous COD.

2) The only people who could afford such COD's would have to be pretty high levels; the chance of this scam actually working on people who could afford it is pretty slim, as they'd be experienced enough to see through it (generally).

3) Do you really think that they'd open a COD letter, get ripped off and say to themselves "aw shucky darn?" Word travels quite fast, my friend; it only takes a few general channel spams (maybe even trade channel just to hit all the cities at once) to render this obsolete.

Otherwise it's a good effort and decently thought out.

Your day will come.

Xestrikers's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Ozrien
    It's a decent idea but it has some fatal flaws imo:

1) Sending that many letters (952 stated earlier) will cost 28g at 30c per letter, both assuming that they'd even care or would be willing to pay the rediculous COD.

2) The only people who could afford such COD's would have to be pretty high levels; the chance of this scam actually working on people who could afford it is pretty slim, as they'd be experienced enough to see through it (generally).

3) Do you really think that they'd open a COD letter, get ripped off and say to themselves "aw shucky darn?" Word travels quite fast, my friend; it only takes a few general channel spams (maybe even trade channel just to hit all the cities at once) to render this obsolete.

Otherwise it's a good effort and decently thought out.
    1. 28g 30c per letter out of 952, are you taking it into assumption that not a single person would buy it? When you also stated that word travels fast, that would only come into occurence if one person has made the purchase, putting you much further ahead. And my ratios were completely stereotypical, 900 out of 952 people can even buy it if you choose the right people, there just isn't a good chance. (90,000 gold by the way)

2. A level 40 mount is 100g and people can afford it, an epic mount is 1000 gold and people can afford it, flying mounts are 5000 gold and people can afford it. People buy gold online, have epic drops, sell a couple blues, save up whatever their method is, people can in fact afford it and if you don't agree with my price other prices work as well .

3. Would 1 person get a letter with something CoD and open it, if it says he loses, according to the rules then he has just lost. Nothing more to it. You dont roll greed on an item in an instance and lose and say to yourself "This guy has amazing hacking abilities! Let me warn the others before it's to late!"

3b. When people open a letter, they can't only open it in a main city, the game is full of mailboxes everywhere, and when you send it to someone, it doesn't mean they need to be in a main city either. Even if they are in a main city it doesn't mean they aren't AFK, getting spammed, not paying attention, don't care, or are going to say to themselves "If this person lost that means i am going to lose too! Everyone is supposed to be a winner!"

If you have heard of the old fashioned scam before it was fixed, CoDing wrapped packages to random people, I have done that to 234 people, 10-90g a person, this is just with me not saying a THING in the subject or text besides "Red ribboned gift" the next day i came back with over 600g on a level 9 alt i just wanted to make money on, since he was new the server. If people fall for that, then this is a walk in the park.

I respect that you have set precautions as more of a warning to help players evolve from the typical scam. To conceal it more and make improvisions granted. It's just a little far fetched on the ideals of how other players consider and react to certain errors in contact.
    Last edited by Xestrikers; 04-09-2007 at 10:27 PM.

xkisses's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont wanna flame but a 1/10 success rate is not likeley
    IFE YUO CNA READE THSI YUO HVAE DWON SNYDREOM

sieusc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got banned for this yesterday

72 hours suspension, only sent out like 30 letters.

wtfx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Taythlon
    Making a lottery is still against the ToS...
    What he said.

+3 day ban.

Jdskater12's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great scam but i know on my 70 pally im not willing to cough over 60g or 100g for a lottery ticket

like the idea tho +rep

Roller's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You gotta be kidding me.. thats not a scam its more of a..

"hey im sitting her with alot of past time and some gold/silvers to spend, can u please ban me?" and u just sent this out to like.. 900 people..

seriosuly!

A guy claims he have a lotterie.... okay its only 10g and i might win 1000g.. . the next day i ask him.. hey did i win the lotterie? and u will go.. no sry someone els did.. but ur welcome to try agien.. BAM!.! he just lost 10g's.

/Open ticket - A dude is gambling and have sent out random messages.! please ban his sry ass.!

now he have spent 10g's on banning you!

Enfeebleness's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might work.
    But if a GM was bored enough they could figure out your trick.

And it would be alot of time to send messages to 100-200 people :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast