0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Tips for the Account Renter Scam. Safety/Maximum Gold Profit

Preface: This is some really good information for those who are thinking about scamming Chinese renters out of some gold. While the scam has been around for a few months theses are some tips that I have never seen covered.

The Scam (In a nutshell): Rent your account to an account renter wait for them to farm some gold. Recall the account and get alot of gold back.
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-scams/60158-chinese-account-renters.html (Link to the original scam this was intended for)

Preface: I am not responsible for lost Items/Gold/Accounts. Use are your own discretion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: How do I know when I should recall my account for the most money.

Answer: Create an alt with a name that starts with the letter "a" and put him in SW/Org depending on factions. Farmers always use a mule accounts and if there is already a character parked there they will use that as the mule account. Why start with the letter "a"? So that you can go on a trial account and search for the name that much easier and find what they are selling on the ah to find out when the best time to recall to get the most amount of gold. Just put the search by user filter on the ah should be in the first 5 pages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2: What if they are not using that mule account? How do i know which char they made without logging in so I don't risk a ban.

Answer: Login to your account management page on the official World of Warcraft Community Site page. Go to the character transfer area and all the characters on the account should be listed there.

3: What if I just recalled the account and took gold and I still want more?

Answer: While this is not advisable you can pull it off. Remember, It is only doable when you have multiple accounts. Just mail the gold to your other account. Tell them that your brother/sister went on the account and played and you don't know what she did. Ive done this and scammed 4k over the period of 4 days. Also, Have all the character on the account on your friends list that way if you see they are all logged off you can easily come in and transfer so gold/items over.

4: What do I do If I think they are hacking with my account?

Answer
    : First off, keep a close eye on your account. If you do a /who of your char and see they are in an instance they are probably hacking. If it is at an off peak hour do a /who of the instance if your char is the only one there they are definitely hacking. They will use teleport bots to farm chests in shattered halls usually. If you see that they are tell the live support person and they will usually tell them to stop. If that fails change the account password and login and tell them why you did so. Now its up to you if you want to give them access to the account after.
    Last edited by Allaway; 06-15-2008 at 02:47 PM.

[Guide] Tips for the Account Renter Scam. Safety/Maximum Gold Profit
    P0wned's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do i find those renters ??

Cryt's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by P0wned View Post
    Where do i find those renters ??
    ^

a phail so epic, it is almost contagious
    Where there's a will, there's an inheritance.
    aim
    sielonsusmsn[email protected]

FuzMaster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I have a question. I let some renters use my 70 for about 3 days and I had herbalism maxed which I did have engineering but they changed it. Right now my acct is suspended for suspicious use or some shit.
    How much gold do you think I could possibly have since they obviously used bots.
    Stand Rigid For The Next Battle.......

Allaway's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there could be any amount of gold on your account. Probably somewhere between 300-800 gold but possible alot more.