0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scam Teachers & Helpers - A Group

To help lower the stupidity and ignorance levels in the Scams/Scams Help forum... No, that's a bit harsh. True, but harsh.

To put it in a nicer way, to help inform the MMOwned community about scamming, I have formed a new usergroup: Scam Teachers & Helpers.

Many people answer questions in the Scams and Scams Help, but unfortunately, I see many incorrect answers. This isn't necessarily a result of actual stupidity, but rather false information that is spread and believed.

This group's purpose is to help common users sift through all the misinformation and learn correct and helpful information.

Basically, you get a nice little tag in your signature that identifies you as a Scam Teacher & Helper, and you become a part of the usergroup. This designates you as someone who's advice should be believed, and will essentially help all up-and-coming scammers learn the real facts.

In order to join, you must prove to me that you are good at scamming and good at helping others learn about scamming. This means that there is indeed a rep requirement.

It is not a static requirement, though. All it means that your rep will be taken greatly into consideration when I look at applicants.

Also, this is not elitism. This isn't supposed to be some super elite group for ultra-awesome scammers. This is a group of teachers who are doing their best to help the WoW scammers of MMOwned.com. We are not a scam group (meaning, we're not going to perform scams together). Just consider us a group of wandering wisemen: people who know a lot about scamming and should be listened to. (Sorry, it's sort of difficult to make it sound non-elitist.)

Kuiren attempted something like this by creating the WoW Scams section and putting a "list of experienced scammers" sticky in the section, but it was a hassle to update, and no one really checked it. This is basically his idea but simplified. He knows that there are many members who truly need help with scamming.

Funnily enough, in recent times, it appears that it's not just new scammers that do not know a lot about scamming. Just take one look at the threads in the Scams and Scams Help forum and you'll see what I mean. The need for a group of teachers has increased over the years. At this time, MMOwned is the world's biggest WoW account scamming site, catering to Americans and Europeans. More and more people are scamming every day.

Anyway, enough fluff, here's the requirements.

You must know a lot about scamming. This includes recalling, the risks of selling an account, how to secure an account (the scam transfer and ban method), what you can do with X amount of information on an account, actual scam techniques, phishing, Blizzard (WoW) policy in general, and many other things.

You must have previously made threads or posted in threads in order to help others with scamming.

To Join:

Send me a PM with the below application:

1. Link at least one of the threads you've created that involves WoW scamming in some way.

2. Link at least 3 posts you've made in different threads in which the original poster was asking for scam help.

3. Why do you want to be a scam teacher?

4. Which IM program you'd prefer to be contacted on, and the screen name you use for said program. (AIM or MSN, essentially, and then give your AIM or MSN screen name/address.)

If accepted, you must put the little tag in your signature. As silly as this sounds, this is required. If it does not fit in your signature, you will have to remove whatever humorous quote/reference you have in there and make room for it.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this thread, send me a PM, or contact me on AIM/MSN.
    Last edited by Verye; 05-08-2008 at 02:45 PM.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

Scam Teachers & Helpers - A Group
    XViRuSX's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awsome man

Captain Planet's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ugh right as I was submitting my application mmowned went down …:sigh:

Hasselhoff's Avatar IN A SPEEDO
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skerrrrrrrrt.. on 22's.

I'm in.

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasselhoff, your rep is going to surpass mine soon. ><

But yeah, everyone, the two current members of this group are me and Hasselhoff. We're still looking for more applicants...people who truly know a lot about scamming and things.

Rule of thumb: if you do not know how to recall an account, don't apply.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, we have two members so far.

We could still use a few more experienced scam teachers.

BiggerthanU's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when u have the teachers...can u teach me?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BiggerthanU View Post
    when u have the teachers...can u teach me?
    No, sorry.