Want to sell gold/items/accounts/etc via PayPal? Protect yourself from claims! menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Pixotic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to sell gold/items/accounts/etc via PayPal? Protect yourself from claims!

Hey guys, long time leecher first time contributor here; I'm trying to contribute something to the community that's provided me with months of lulz and awesome tips.

So, let's say you want to sell WoW stuff via PayPal. That's fine, they don't have rules against selling virtual/intangible items. However, if you or the buyer are going to be scamming, there are a few tips and tricks you can use to cover your ass in the event of buyer complaints/charge backs/reversals.

If you're selling stuff on a regular/semi-regular basis, your best bet is to set up a website from which your buyers can pay via PayPal for. Keeping the sales off of eBay means that if a buyer complains to PayPal for non-receipt, all they'll do is make a 'best effort' attempt to get the money back which essentially means they'll send you an email asking you to give the money back. If the buyer is stupid enough to file a not-as-described complaint, then they'll do nothing at all apart from tell the buyer tough luck.

Now, I mentioned Best-Effort above, PayPal wont even do that unless the buyer wins the dispute. There are a couple of ways you can stop that from happening, the most important being: If a buyer opens a dispute against you, respond to PayPal when they email you and ask for info. Just a short message, in the resolution center, saying that the item that was bought was intangible, and delivered within 12 hours of payment being received. Say you'd be willing to provide screen shots to prove it (they wont ask for them, but it helps portray yourself in a good light). Responding to buyer complaints is important, even if you know you'll win - this is because if a claim goes unanswered by you as the seller for ten days, the buyer automatically wins, EVEN IF IT'S FOR VIRTUAL GOODS.

Now, This will help save your butt against buyer complaints. If the buyer goes to their card issuer and gets a charge back, or reports the card/bank account stolen, then you're in for an entirely different ballgame. PayPal will dispute charge backs with the card issuer when they can, but not for intangible items, so if you're worried about charge backs, make it appear you're selling used copies of wow that you mail to your buyers. Once the payment is made, then send the wow box & pieces to the address supplied to you with the PayPal payment (click the details link next to the payment on PayPal) WITH AN ONLINE TRACKING NUMBER. If the shit hits the fan, you need to give PayPal the tracking number so they can verify the item was delivered (not sent, proof of postage is useless) using the postal services website. Sure, it costs extra, but if it's a large purchase and you're paranoid, it's worth every penny.

I hope this info proves useful, if you have any comments/suggestions/questions, I'd be happy to answer them for you, either reply or send me a PM.

-Pix out

Want to sell gold/items/accounts/etc via PayPal? Protect yourself from claims!
    j9sjam3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or... to avoid all that just have a website with a contract they have to agree too
    <--- please click.

*working on a decent siggy*

Pixotic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by j9sjam3 View Post
    Or... to avoid all that just have a website with a contract they have to agree too

Wont work, if you accept payments through paypal you're agreeing that their terms and conditions supercede your own

Pixotic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread moved to the scams section at my own request, post yer PayPal questions!

Pixotic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody has any questions? C'mon, you at the back - yes you! spit out that gum and ask something!

scott's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HELP HELP NOW!!!1 Okay so I sold my wow account for 200 dollars. I really didn't know they could take the money back. So I got the money and the next day I ordered a PS3. The guy ships it (so now I dont have 200 dollars in my PayPal and it's now in the hands of the guy with the PS3). So comes today (june 15) 2 days before I receive my ps3. I get an email from PayPal that the payment was NOT authorized by the original PayPal account holder and that they are holding the funds. I don't know if they take the money from the ps3 holder OR if I have a negative balance OR if it takes it out of my bank account (which i don't have 200 dollars on). Now if someone could PLEASE help me and tell me how I could win this thing or if all hope is gone. I REALLY NEED THE HELP NOW SO PLEASE PLEASE REPLY. email me at [email protected] ASAP with info on how I could win it or if there's no use in trying. PLEASE HELP I BEG OF YOU!!!!

georgeflint's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

It is better to take new product via Paypal account. Can any body tell me how to use the paypal account.

Thanks,
    George Flint

NerieX's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm yeah this is the way to go

eric908's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a tracking number and confirming a physical address (landline phone) is the way to go.

Phatbat's Avatar Corporal

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading this I must say it's pretty good advice. I've noted quite alot of it and will use it.

yrref's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a useful thread, though I do not ever sell anything. Have some reputation!

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wow-guides/226193-total-beginners-guide-world-warcraft.html

metalhk47's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taken in quite a bit of that, very helpful thank you.

Narugold's Avatar Sergeant Major

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good thread +rep

betty623's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now there is a platform that players with players are in the transaction. I'm not the merchant and I'm only an investigator. But if u want to sell your account ,u can go the website.the price is decide by u.
    if u have any questions about gold,i would try my best to help u.
    hope evertthing goes well!

Narugold's Avatar Sergeant Major

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by betty623 View Post
    Now there is a platform that players with players are in the transaction. I'm not the merchant and I'm only an investigator. But if u want to sell your account ,u can go the website.the price is decide by u.
    if u have any questions about gold,i would try my best to help u.
    hope evertthing goes well!

Fail english, join date same as post date, fail english.... scammy scammy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast