Want to sell gold/items/accounts/etc via PayPal? Protect yourself from claims! menu

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mrozik91's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by peterfried View Post
    I would love to see this answered too
    Yeah , it is wiser to use moneybookers (its called Skrill now actually). I've never seen a single situation when anything on moneybookers was reversed. Not to mention better currency values and lower fees for reciving money. Also, beside sending a package to get the package delivery number, there is no protection from loosing ur money on paypal. Its a scumbag system and if ure new to selling game stuff online ure propably gonna see it urself. As a experienced person in that matter I recommend -> Avoid paypal everytime u can! Do ur best to use moneybookers! Remember, setting up moneybookers acc is like 5 mins. If someone doesnt want to scam you he propably should have no problem in creating one.

Also, if ure selling something big ( like 2kk gold or acc for 300 euro) after u recive money withdraw it asap. In most cases you will recive it on ur bank acc even if someone will charge u back after a day or two, but ull have paypal acc with debit (paypal will send u few mails with asking u to sort it out but they wont do anything to get their money back ).

Want to sell gold/items/accounts/etc via PayPal? Protect yourself from claims!
    peterfried's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mrozik91 View Post
    Yeah , it is wiser to use moneybookers (its called Skrill now actually). I've never seen a single situation when anything on moneybookers was reversed. Not to mention better currency values and lower fees for reciving money. Also, beside sending a package to get the package delivery number, there is no protection from loosing ur money on paypal. Its a scumbag system and if ure new to selling game stuff online ure propably gonna see it urself. As a experienced person in that matter I recommend -> Avoid paypal everytime u can! Do ur best to use moneybookers! Remember, setting up moneybookers acc is like 5 mins. If someone doesnt want to scam you he propably should have no problem in creating one.

Also, if ure selling something big ( like 2kk gold or acc for 300 euro) after u recive money withdraw it asap. In most cases you will recive it on ur bank acc even if someone will charge u back after a day or two, but ull have paypal acc with debit (paypal will send u few mails with asking u to sort it out but they wont do anything to get their money back ).
    Thank you sir!

mmoholmes's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Alfazilla View Post
    I did a gold trade in wow with a guy from this forum with several ownedcore accounts(all ID verified) whose skype name is wowfanguy.
    He paid 20€ for 48k gold in trade and a day later he did a chargeback. Luckily i had screenshots of skype conversation and Gold Transfer screenshot in wow which was via guildbank. I posted screenshots and told paypal that the trade was on virtual good. This is the first time I'm facing a chargeback issue. Does anyone knows what more i should do to win the dispute? or do i even have chance to win it.. Btw chargeback reason is unauthorized payment.
    Thanks, this just saved me 70,000gold/$70 - i knew his account was abit suspect when i saw it was from singapore...

mmoholmes's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by killaguerrilla View Post
    I was about to sell a guy called feltshbp 100k. He offered to pay first which seemed fine. However because his account is Japanese, he could not send me the payment as a gift. So instead I told him to send me the payment and then open a dispute and close it. This is when I found out he was probably a scammer as he came up with an excuse that you need to wait 2 weeks before closing a dispute (which is 100% bullshit), in order to persuade me to take a regular payment which could EASILY be reversed, leaving him with 100k + the money he owes me. I decided to test his 2 week theory and found out it was bullshit. When I confronted him about it he told me he was busy and I couldn't sell to him anymore (because he knew he was bullshitting and that I was on to him).

TLDR: Don't deal with "feltshbp" ( Skype aabetez) because he's most likely a scammer. His little rep was recieved on the same day 3 MINUTES APART, so it's probably fake. Or deal with him and tell me how it goes.

I can confirm this, he's just been very shady with me on skype also. When i got very cautious about him he accused me of being scared and then accused me of being the scammer. After linking this to him he blocked me.

Dont trade with aabetez - skype!

norrby's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey. I sold my account 2 months ago, payment with paypal. can i take back my wow acc without any problems with paypal?

Pentium's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a namechange here on ownedcore. I was promised a deliverance within 72 hours, and now its close to a week, and the guy keeps dodging me. What is my best course of action to obtain a refund?

diabloykiss's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am getting scamed. I just recieved an email for paypal claiming for evidence of the trade I made.
    "An unauthorized account activity claim was recently filed against the following transaction"

they request me:
    "We need additional information from you within the next 7 days. Please log
    in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Center to see the
    details of this case. There, you can enter any information regarding this
    case that will help us fight the reversal on your behalf"

I was selling wow gold, one guy added me to skype and requested a trade and we agreed 110k vs 49.5€. he sent first the money to my Paypal account and he was verified account from JAPAN so having the money on my side I just gave him the gold (I took ss before and after). however, I cant proof the guy I talked in skype is the same I made the trade with in Paypal, as He didnt tell me his paypal account. I didnt know about the "chargeback scam" so when I recieved the money I thought I was safe.

Is there any way I can keep the money and win this case? What should I answer to Paypal?

Help me guys!

Angingim's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by diabloykiss View Post
    I am getting scamed. I just recieved an email for paypal claiming for evidence of the trade I made.
    "An unauthorized account activity claim was recently filed against the following transaction"

they request me:
    "We need additional information from you within the next 7 days. Please log
    in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Center to see the
    details of this case. There, you can enter any information regarding this
    case that will help us fight the reversal on your behalf"

I was selling wow gold, one guy added me to skype and requested a trade and we agreed 110k vs 49.5€. he sent first the money to my Paypal account and he was verified account from JAPAN so having the money on my side I just gave him the gold (I took ss before and after). however, I cant proof the guy I talked in skype is the same I made the trade with in Paypal, as He didnt tell me his paypal account. I didnt know about the "chargeback scam" so when I recieved the money I thought I was safe.

Is there any way I can keep the money and win this case? What should I answer to Paypal?

Help me guys!
    paypal does not care for sellers especialy if something visual like wow gold. I have sent to paypal as proof everything I have ( skype logs, guildbank trade SS etc) that this is a"chargeback scam" and explained I am beeing scammed wated for 7 days for paypal to resolve this problem. And bang! they find the scammer right. And I am treated as if I am the scammer. Now paypal blocks my other payment that has no dispute, and seems I lost all the money I received and gold. No more paypal for me. Scammer know that sellers trusts if money received as gift and paypal account is verified. And they can easly chargeback even after 2 days with the reason unauthorised charge. Dont trust paypal. There is no protection for gold sellers. I will try moneybookers from now on.

majnooon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx, also paypal is the safest way to deal with online merchandise

Piet01's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    24 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

I've read your post, thank you so much for posting this!

However I'm at the same problem.

I made a transaction with a Japanese dude, he payed me 145€ for 250k Gold.
    Directly after he payed, I traded him the gold.

However after he received the gold, he immediately warned paypal something was wrong with his payment.

So now I'm in -137€ and PayPal is investigating.

Paypal asked for some clarification so I told them the package I sold him was intangible and was delivered within 12 hours of payment.

Is there anything else I can do?

I wonder how he can prove he didn't receive anything? It's the same as I can't prove I sent it.
    We used Skype and I still have the exact things said. I don't know if it helps since I think selling MMO Gold is not supported by Paypal.

Best Regards,

Piet

Leprestore's Avatar Member Professional WoW Booster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    35 (91%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you sell intangible items to a person you don't know, you should ask for a verification message through the e-mail that fits Paypal email. This letter should contain few words about risk and no moneyback acceptance. And of course - always keep Skype conversation screenshot.
    By the way if you have business Paypal account and low percentage of the disputes - the disputes will usually be resolved on your side. Unfortunately it's hard to prove gold shipment but as for levelling or professios/RBG/Arena boost a single link to your customer's wow armory helps a lot

1ncrease's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems legit but still risky..

Erikrsson's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use WesternUnion & Skrill(moneybookers) and you will be fine as long as you don't have to go first(since that will be the only option to get you scammed after you use these two payment methods)

Marinodude's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paypal does not offer legitimate support for services regarding online goods. Got scammed $200.00 this week because the seller never delivered. Paypal does not even require proof of delivery and will always take the sellers side when dealing with online goods.

Zyrakion's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if seller mentions that it is a virtual good and not included in policy,you're screwed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast