Want to sell gold/items/accounts/etc via PayPal? Protect yourself from claims! menu

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ninjahcow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds good

Want to sell gold/items/accounts/etc via PayPal? Protect yourself from claims!
    Alosander's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! I'm so sorry to write this in this thread, but I can't create one for myself...

I've agreed to "someone" to buy the mount "Hearts of the aspects" for 20k. At first I though it was a goldseller so I said yes and he gave me the code first. I knew it would dissapear within a day or two so I didn't pay for it. But now it's been 1 day already but it haven't dissapeared. He wants the money now, and I don't know what to do. It feels like it will dissapear when I pay for it.

What should I do?

CrazyBaller's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey is this a way

say i sell a wow account and i tell the person to put it as goods:

and in the message say - thank you for all the virtual goods you provided me

then i reply to the paypal/e-mail saying: no problem

would that work and protect me from claims - just asking :S?

nick1357's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having issues with buyers contesting their PayPal transactions as "unauthorized" after receipt of the gold. I'd already gotten the money out of PayPal, so I'm fine there; but the PayPal account is now unusable.

Is there anything that can be done? The "resolution center" doesn't seem to offer any options unless you've got a tracking number to share.

Scarface2012's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well ,they can take money back ,
    but if you keep all conversations it is helpful when there is a claim
    never works on unauthorized payments though
    you can read buyer protection and seller protection on paypal

fragnot's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im about to sell my gold in WoW. How do i sell it, the most safe way ?

Cant the buyer just use the unauthorized payment option, or can i protect myself from this ?

+rep if you can guide me through it

Marsa7a's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I be scammed in PP when someone send me money "as gift" ?

killaguerrilla's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was about to sell a guy called feltshbp 100k. He offered to pay first which seemed fine. However because his account is Japanese, he could not send me the payment as a gift. So instead I told him to send me the payment and then open a dispute and close it. This is when I found out he was probably a scammer as he came up with an excuse that you need to wait 2 weeks before closing a dispute (which is 100% bullshit), in order to persuade me to take a regular payment which could EASILY be reversed, leaving him with 100k + the money he owes me. I decided to test his 2 week theory and found out it was bullshit. When I confronted him about it he told me he was busy and I couldn't sell to him anymore (because he knew he was bullshitting and that I was on to him).

TLDR: Don't deal with "feltshbp" ( Skype aabetez) because he's most likely a scammer. His little rep was recieved on the same day 3 MINUTES APART, so it's probably fake. Or deal with him and tell me how it goes.

D3Boost's Avatar 🔥 www.D3Boost.com 🔥 PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    210/462
    Trade Feedback
    247 (100%)
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fragnot View Post
    Im about to sell my gold in WoW. How do i sell it, the most safe way ?

Cant the buyer just use the unauthorized payment option, or can i protect myself from this ?

+rep if you can guide me through it
    I've tried many different ways to try and prevent a payment from being reversed. Only one way worked.

The buyer will always be able to open a claim for an unauthorized payment.

The ONLY way you can avoid this and any other kind of dispute is to send something to the buyer with a tracking number.

People usually send a blank CD and get a tracking number and send it to the buyer (make sure he gives you the correct address).

Might be a bit of a hassle, but it's all worth it when you're selling any intangible goods.

Quick run through,

1) get the buyer's address (the same one linked to his PayPal not a different one)
    2) send him an invoice through your PayPal and state that it's an item he will receive via shipment within the next few days
    3) wait for him to pay the invoice
    4) go ship him a blank CD and get a tracking number
    5) send that tracking number to him via PayPal

(TESTED) You gotta keep in mind, PayPal will almost NEVER give reason to the seller if it's an intangible good so by sending an item to the registered address, you should win the claim if he ever opens one.
    I've used this method multiple times.

And never deal with PayPal accounts that aren't verified.

@Marsa7a: Yes, you can be scammed if someone sends you the money as gift. They can still claim an unauthorized payment. It happened to Athene when he was raising the 1 million dollar to Africa.

10. Thanks ProfessionalHedy (1 members gave Thanks to D3Boost for this useful post)
    pikachu83's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by killaguerrilla View Post
    I was about to sell a guy called feltshbp 100k. He offered to pay first which seemed fine. However because his account is Japanese, he could not send me the payment as a gift. So instead I told him to send me the payment and then open a dispute and close it. This is when I found out he was probably a scammer as he came up with an excuse that you need to wait 2 weeks before closing a dispute (which is 100% bullshit), in order to persuade me to take a regular payment which could EASILY be reversed, leaving him with 100k + the money he owes me. I decided to test his 2 week theory and found out it was bullshit. When I confronted him about it he told me he was busy and I couldn't sell to him anymore (because he knew he was bullshitting and that I was on to him).

TLDR: Don't deal with "feltshbp" ( Skype aabetez) because he's most likely a scammer. His little rep was recieved on the same day 3 MINUTES APART, so it's probably fake. Or deal with him and tell me how it goes.
    wish i found this thread before i sold to him, he reversed $1000 worth of transaction from me

Justinbank5's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by killaguerrilla View Post

Is this a safe method when the buyer opens and instantly closes the dispute? can he do another one after that?
    Would it still be possible to lose the money because maybe it's a scammed account or something?

Don't really want to do this shipping himsomething method. Any other really safe method?
    Last edited by Justinbank5; 01-20-2013 at 09:54 PM.

305jeff's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info in this thread...I'm just not sure that proving to PayPal that you sent a package to someone means anything...it could be an empty package for all they know.

Alfazilla's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a gold trade in wow with a guy from this forum with several ownedcore accounts(all ID verified) whose skype name is wowfanguy.
    He paid 20€ for 48k gold in trade and a day later he did a chargeback. Luckily i had screenshots of skype conversation and Gold Transfer screenshot in wow which was via guildbank. I posted screenshots and told paypal that the trade was on virtual good. This is the first time I'm facing a chargeback issue. Does anyone knows what more i should do to win the dispute? or do i even have chance to win it.. Btw chargeback reason is unauthorized payment.

gmanlolol's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the post, I am thinking about selling gold privately, would you recommend I use moneybooker to avoid the chance of someone doing chargeback and scamming me?

peterfried's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gmanlolol View Post
    Thanks for the post, I am thinking about selling gold privately, would you recommend I use moneybooker to avoid the chance of someone doing chargeback and scamming me?
    I would love to see this answered too

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast