0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[LEGIT SCAM] Lottery 90210 Pyramid

DISCLAIMER! This an amalgom of the Lottery scam and some thought of my own. I do not take credit for any details of this lottery that fall into the realm of the original scam.

- For this scam, you will need at least 500g and a level 70 with +rep within WoW.

- As this is not a one time scam, and you will end up with a shit ton of names, get a notebook.

90210 - Finding your Brandon and Brenda Walsh

Over the last few days, I have seen a growing trend in my reputation amongst not only my guild, but my the 70s on the Horde side of my guild. I have done this by always hosting detailed and winning premades, fair trading people, and becoming a knowledge book on chat when people ask questions. Most of it just comes with experience, but everyday whe I log on, I get about 15 whispers to join or create a premade, or a thanks for running someone's twink. In all reality, I'm a nice guy in wow.

Now...if I was one of my targets, this would make me high succetable to this scam.

Step one requires you to spend some time in the major cities, and target these people. Run, raid and PM with them...but always keep a low profile. Once you have four people that you're sure are highly popular on the server, execute phase 2.

The Egytpian Lotto!

Now, we all know the basics of the lotto scam, but this is where I am going to blur those lines and incorporate the popularity into it. This will require a small amount of money to get started, but will be worth it later on. For comfort, use scammed gold so you're not really losing anything.

Lotto #1 - Find the four people you targeted in game, and send them each 50g in game with a note reading (the rest of the directions).

Hey,

I am starting a lottery, but since it's kind of against the rules, I am only choosing people that I have either run with or know in real life. You're one of those people. Here is a 50g "Welcome to the Party" present. Now check it, since it is against the rules and I have already said that, by taking this 50g you're acknowledging that you're cool with that. If you're not interested, just send it back to me, no harm no foul.

Basically, what I'm going to do is start a lottery with an ever increasing jackpot to add a little fun to the game. Like this week the jackpot is 100g, next week it will be 150 or 200. It all depends on how many people join in. But that's where you come in. I know you have a good name on the server, and have a few freinds you can trust. Since I trust you enough to send you this, I'm asking you only tell people you can trust about this lottery. That way there are no loose ends, and no one reports us. Essentially it's a group of friends winning each other's gold.

Right now, I only sent out this email to four people, so pick a few of your friends...maybe 2 or 3...no more than four, and tell them to email me. After everything is cool and there are no more invites, everyone will send me a mail with 10 gold and their choice of 6 (1-100) numbers for the week. Then, on drawing day, we'll all meet up, form a raid group, and I will /roll 6 times. That's how we will randomly choose the winner. If no one wins, the jackpot will roll over to next week. My goal is to one day have enough people participating that we'll be rolling for THOUSANDS OR MORE.

Any, return the email if you're not interested, but if you are, keep the 50g and tell your friends to email me so I can get it all set up. See ya, round. <in game name>
    So if you're still unclear, you appealing to their knowing you, so reputation is a plus! Then you pop on the aspect of trust, meaning that they have to trust you. Just your sending of the 50g is a big step that you trust them not to take your gold and bolt. Which they might! If they do, just get another Walsh.

The biggest part of the growing profit of this is the pyramid part. At the end of each week, after the lottery, you're going to send out an email in game to EVERY NEW PERSON on your list (you know, the one you have in your notebook of the people you can "trust" who are participating. In that email, you are going to tell the newest arrivals that they now have the ability to invite TWO people to join the lotto. Appeal to the fact that more people means a bigger jackpot.

If they ever ask if you're participating, say NO!! Tell them that you take 3g per entry to offset having to use your own money for the jackpot in the opening weeks. After that, blame time and coordination. Either way...you're making more and more money by the week.

If anyone has any questions, please post them in thsi thread, vice PMs. Thx.

BONUS SCAM!

Once this underground lotto has reached an UBER Jackpot of a couple thousand gold or more, use a roll-hack and have one of your RL or in game friends win, then split the gold.
    Master Chairman of Pedo-Con 2009

[LEGIT SCAM] Lottery 90210 Pyramid
    SmotPoker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is a repost and why not just keep all the gold and make a trial version and start spamming how you won

Jankem's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you NOT read the disclaimer? I said this was a mdofied repost...???

As far as jacking all of the money, it would be a dumb move. Think about the steady flow of positive income that this could net over time. It would be fiscally retarded to use this as an outright scam.

Plus, this is trust based, so the more people trust you, the more they're willing to invite more people who trust them, thus iuncreasing your net income exponentially. And remember the fact that people aren't bound to choose only one set of numbers...it's just 20g per set. Think about it before you post an unsubstantiated, one sentence flame.

sbaron178's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems like it would work, but time consuming. i think it would take upwards of 3 months to put this scam in place. but if you hav the time, it would bring in nice g.

Jankem's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sbaron178 View Post
    seems like it would work, but time consuming. i think it would take upwards of 3 months to put this scam in place. but if you hav the time, it would bring in nice g.
    That is the beauty of it all. The longer it goes on, the more gold you're bringing in...and for what, writing some emails and names in a book? Lol.

It's not really a scam, but it can be influenced with scam methods .

Potatoe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow this is a pretty amazing idea lol.
    I've been trying to think of a way blizzard might actually be able to implement a lottery system (pay gold for tickets with numbers and everything like in real life) but never thought it could be player implemented. Good job, and plus rep=)
    01001001 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01001101 01001101 01001111 01110111 01101110 01100101 01100100 00101110 01100011 01101111 01101101

Jankem's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Potatoe View Post
    Wow this is a pretty amazing idea lol.
    I've been trying to think of a way blizzard might actually be able to implement a lottery system (pay gold for tickets with numbers and everything like in real life) but never thought it could be player implemented. Good job, and plus rep=)
    Remember this will get you a 3-day minimum if you all get caught. :wave:

Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no such thing as a roll hack.

Jankem's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how to do it...but where you can simulate the roll. I've seen in raids where joking around it says :

Clovian roll 100,000 (1-100,000)

Same color font and everything

pewpewlazerz's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    4/6
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya i am curious about a roll hack, i know you can do it with the guild message since the guild chat is the same color as the roll, however, if they changed their chat bar at all they will know.

Also for that to work you would have to be in the same guild as all of them.

Persian's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one, even though lotto scams have already been mentioned, this is the best by far. goood job explaining too...
    + rep
    would be cool if you could figure out how to rig the roll so it looks legit.
    i can do it, but it would say persian rolls 99 (99-99) so it would be obvious....

Persian's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry i have to spread the rep b4 repping u again :P.

Xerian's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might get banned since blizzard don't allow lottery ect. and there is no such thing as a roll hack. But nice post

IlluzionE's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever, dont care about the disclaimer and if its a repost. one thing intrested me, "get roll-hax" roll hack clients dosent even exist?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Next Weeks Account Give Away -
    Gox, Level 70 Warrior 'Full Epic' - Thunderthorn - 'search armory'
    Joggo, Level 70 Rouge 'Few Epic' - Thunderthorn - 'search armory'
    Xlez, Level 61 Mage 'Pre-tbc' - Thunderthorn - 'search armory'
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit by admin

Palumir's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ben98902 View Post
    this is a repost and why not just keep all the gold and make a trial version and start spamming how you won
    Wow that's very contructive...

This is a good idea, in that letter it says email. Don't you meen mail ingame?
    Richard rules!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast