0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feral Druid Tricks and Tips!

Let me start by saying the often forgot truth of Feral. A Feral with no mana in the arena is as good as dead.

Learning to conserve your mana and use it sparing is one of the keys to success as feral. The others I'll touch on later a bit later.

Lets start with your build any druid who wants to pvp in the arena must have natural shape shifter. This talent will bring your shifting costs down by 30% and keep you alive and in the game much longer.

Here is my suggested Feral druid build: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

The second truth of Feral you can't DPS well in Bear and you can't survive well in cat...So you need to know when it's good to bear and when it's ok to burst away.

However you can use this to your advantage because very few Melee dps will continue to DPS a Druid in Bear especially in 3v3 With a healer at your back. Also Remember that Bear mangle adds the Mangle buff the same as cat does you can mangle in Bear bash wait for the Global Cooldown then switch to cat and get a shred or two off before returning to bear.

Speaking of bash you will by now have noticed how much it's dodged by Melee the simple way to avoid this is to Bash from Behind as an attack from behind cannot be dodged or parried.

Now to the shifting it's self If you haven't already make macro's for all your forms with: /cancelform before each /cast form.
    This effectively cancels your current form and switches you to your new form instantly.

Be forwarned however that if you click your shift macro while the GCD is running you will be dumped into caster form...

Also you might want to bind a key with simply /cancelform so you can quickly get to caster when you need to.

Not only can you do this with your next form but you can shift out and into your current form with this macro to escape snares or in cat form to gain energy this is called powershifting.

Powershifting results when done correctly in a net gain in energy from Furor of about 17. So it's a trade off that all to often is not worth the mana.

Thats all for now I'll add more as I have time I'll leave you with some quick and important points for Feral PVP.

- Don't stay in caster while getting wailed on.
    - Always have Feral FF up on targets as the armour penetration adds quite a bit of damage
    - Pounce and Bash share a Diminishing return don't use them within 15 seconds of one another unless necessary.
    - Don't let yourself be kited Roots is far more effective than you might think.
    - Bait conterspells and kicks before you need to heal so you can when you try to :P
    - Line of sight is > ranged attacks remember that and use it to your advantage when attempting to restealth.
    - Hibernate Works on Fellow druids and hunters pets.
    - If your going to ice traped by a hunter Chalanging shout there pet onto you in bear.
    - When your about to be feared by a hunter shift to caster there fear only works on beasts ....so don't be one when the cast finishes...
    - Never charge a warrior unless you must as Second wind will be proced if you do....and 10% of there health + 20 range is quite a bit.

:run:

These ads disappear when you log in.

Backavar's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you have any helpful macros? especially for 5v5 arena (if there can be any specialized to that). I have a feral tanking druid that i want to get some pvp gear for. thanks

[SpNiz]'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already knew about this, and 2 +reo for contributing to the forum!

Nero's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And use alot of bleed damage on mages and warlocks, because they can blink/fear you away, so you will still do alot of damage. jump out of form, moonfire, go back bear and charge... one of my favorit ways of killing mages, and warlocks :>
    ~Nero

Nimoku's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also add the Cat charge macro

Need to be in bear form:
    /Cast Feral charge
    /Cast Catform

Lawliet's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really useful, I will test those strategies with my tauren !
    Thanks

EDIT : Well i've noticed that the +rep button is a kind of reward for good posters, so, +rep !

Nimoku's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you have No reputation power, you +rep?