[STRATEGY] Pally Eye of the Storm - Force 4 or More RivalsOut of Combat for 3 Min or menu

User Tag List

TheAquarian's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[STRATEGY] Pally Eye of the Storm - Force 4 or More RivalsOut of Combat for 3 Min or

Hey all!

I had thought about putting this in the exploit section but it's not really an exploit, all powers are working as intended, though perhaps not as anticipated. I've got a potential strategy for you folks to try if you have a premade going with 3-5 Pallies that will either force an equal (or greater) number of characters on the opposite team out of combat for 3 minutes, OR result in you taking one of their bases.

It should be noted that at this point this is only a theory as I have not had the opportunity to test it. My server is light on premades, and I am operating on what information I already know to be true in the game.

The Strategy

As you pally players may have noticed, if you bubble within range of one of your towers, you continue to to support it to either prevent it from being lost or to help it take control. So I've come up with a strategy to use this to our advantage to get a head start on the other team.

Step One: All Participating Pallies Group Up and Go

As quickly as possible, all pallies who are participating in the strat need to mount up with at least one using Crusader Aura, and get to one of the enemy bases on the other side of the bridge as soon as possible. No combat, no healing the damage from the drop, just go.

Step Two: Make Yourself Seen, or Not - Wait For the Enemy to Come

Once you get there, go ahead and stand out in the open if you want. You won't need this strategy if the other team never bothers to show up to take the base from you, but go ahead and fight the enemy until either you are about to die, OR enough of the other team has arrived to equal the numbe of participating pallies - whichever comes first. Keeping you alive for the ret of the strategy is more important than moving to step 3 early, but you will get the most out of the strat if you wait longer.

Step Three: Mass Divine Intervention

Once you are at the point of either near death, or having equal to or more rivals surrounding you use Divine Intervention at the base. Assuming the duration of DI hasn't changed since the big patch (I haven't used it since it went live) your group of 3-5 pallies are now immune to attack and unable to make attacks for the next 3 minutes.

Feel free to drop simultaneous consecrations before DI for good measure so long as you can survive long enough to do so.

Wait...

The next part of the strategy is just a waiting game. You have now essencially trapped a number of the opposing team in a stale mate for that base which is GOOD for your team.

Here's Why:

- So long as you are present and standing on base grounds, you SHOULD be supporting the base for your side.

- If you have (for example) 4 pallies at that base, the other team MUST have at least 4 of their own at the base to balance you out. Otherwise the bar begins to move closer to your team taking the base.

- That means for 3 minutes + survival time after DI wears off, you have effectively eliminated 4 opposing team mates from working towards claiming other bases, which can be alot in a game that can take less than 10 minutes total.

- The rest of your team should have taken the two bases closest to your starting area in this time, thus, for those first 3+ minutes your team has secured 2 bases, while holding the other's at one.

- If the other team gets tired of looking at you in your bubbles and leaves, you get a quick cap due to the number of people supporting with no opponants, and because DI is a buff and not a debuff, you can click it off once the base is solidly yours (ie the bar is all the way on your side), and continue your efforts in the game elsewhere.

Expanded Theory - ALL PALLY EotS

I do not know if this would work or not due to specific values of flag caps and timing BUT, if you have a full EotS group of ALL pallies, you could concieveably send 5 to one base on the far side of the map to DI, 5 to the other, 4 to one of the close ones (or perhaps 2 at each), and leave your best geared prot or ret pally to be a roamer to pick off the remaining member of the other team that is not required to stay at any one base to break even.

Worst case scenario is that the all pally premade strategy fails because your best geared pally wasn't quite good enough to kill the extra one of their guys that is running around, and that runner is able to not only help the other team take a base, but make flag caps (your best geared pally would have to be pretty inept not to even prevent back to back flag caps). If you can, let your roamer take the flag for additional caps close to home, and preventing the other side from having that option.

Best case scenario: You end with a 4 cap, because the other team is so confused by what is going on that they are running between bases thus opening the bases that they abandoned to being capped by the DIed pallies, and your roamer has done enough slaying of the other team that bases have been capped during the 'down' time while the opposing team members spend however many sec/min running from their spawn point to the far bases that they've allowed you to help cap the presently uncaped ones in the mean time (roamer would run to one of the near bases with 2 pallies thus making 3 your team/2 theirs for capping while your alive, or possibly 3 your team, 1 of theirs capping or even 3 of your team zero of theirs if you are able to kill one or both of them.

Basic Short Summary of All Pally EotS Using this Strategy:

Basically by sending all your people to become invulnerable for a time, and necessitating your opponants to keep characters there to NOT lose the base, you are creating a situation where your team can advance, but is almost impossible for your bases to move to the other side for the duration of those buffs.

You have the potential to give your team a huge lead right from the start, and the worst thing that can happen next to having smarter better geared than your best opponants that can take out your roamer is that you'll break even at the end of all your DI's with your team already at their bases.

Again, untested due to not having premades of pallies to cooperate and test with, but based on what I've observed in game with the other shielding powers (divine shield, blessing of protection, etc) it should work. Make sure everyone has reagents.

[STRATEGY] Pally Eye of the Storm - Force 4 or More RivalsOut of Combat for 3 Min or
    Dippy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea, but why would you want 6 active people trying for the other 3 bases wile pallis are just standing there?
    Ret Pallis are OP now, it would be more help for them to fight instead of sit there.
    If Your to lazy to do Sun well Dailies JUST LOOK HERE!
    Code:
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-guides/129344-lazy-do-sunwell-daylies.html

TheAquarian's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just because as long as they are "Just standing there" as you say the target of the DI can not be killed. for those three minutes. which means that the other team has the choice of giving up the base by leaving them to stand there and cap, cripple their O and other D by bringing in more people to that base than there are DIed targets (thus enabling the rest of the team to go hit something else while it's weak), or hold one of the bases that they normally take immediately in a stale mate so while your team claims 2 bases to give you a lead. They aren't doing "Nothing" The targets of the DI are capping while they can not be hurt in combat. remove the DI, and they can die again which in battlegrounds is something that most people do repeatedly. Every second the other side doesn't have at least as many people at that base as your own team the base closer to your team's possession.

melee's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would this work considering the Paladin who casts DI will kill themselves in the process?

Can / Has anyone been able to confirm if the 'tug of war' line moves in the favourable direction when under the influence of DI?

Could work if 5 pallies DI'd other party members, died, then moved onto another base?

Also, you should NOT be taking fall damage, and I'd suggest Crusdar Aura doesn't get turned on until people have actually landed on the ground, as it's really easy to overshoot the rock with it active.

I can't make 100% sense of the post, although I have an idea what it's getting at.. I just don't get the 'Have 3-5 pallies DI each other' part.
    Last edited by melee; 10-27-2008 at 09:16 PM.