Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic Theory! Did Foror go to the Dragon Isles?

First off, I don't know if this is the right forum category for it, but I hope so. To understand a little better why i wrote about it:
    Vanilla World of Warcraft Patch 1.13* - YouTube

I want to share a game theory with you, the theory is kind of vague, but I thought I would share it with you guys.

I saw that Foror(Furor) is a dev for Blizz, so this theory could be nothing and he just added that for fun.

So I was browsing through Wowhead and saw a screenshot of legendaries that linked to the new classic.wowhead site. On this screenshot was a item I never heard of before, "Forors Fabled Steed." It's nowhere to be found on classic databases (that I know of) and so I spawned it on my private server. The mount looks like Gyth the Dragon in UBRS [Dragon.jpg] and has the same item icon as Nefarian's head.

I wouldn't have wasted a second thought on that mount if I wasn't so interested in the Dragon Isles and the Emerald Dream.

I found this conversation between Nat Pagle and another NPC in the game file Database:
    Nat Pagle: Hal...
    Hal McAllister:yea,Nat?
    Nat Pagle: had that dream again last night...
    Hal McAllister:wich one?
    Nat Pagle: I can't even believe this one... You know those two loud-mouthed ruffians, Foror and Tigule?
    Nat Pagle: Well in this dream, they somehow end up inventing something called [ice-cream] and flavoring it with strawberries... Well, long story short, they end up striking it rich!
    Nat Pagle: If that weren't crazy enough, they decide to quit the ice-cream business and become adventurers... They travel all over the place and finally disappear into some portal. I woke up in a cold sweat after that one...
    Hal McAllister: Hal shakes his head Nat, Nat, Nat...

So the common thought would have been that he meant the Dark Portal, but what if it was one of these Dream Portals?

If they walked through that, what could have been there for us in the Emerald Dream? What cool stuff could we have done there to prepare for the Dragon Isles, where we finally get "Forors Fabled Steed" as a rare raid drop and maybe meet Foror + Tigule?
    Maybe the "Quel´Serrar" that you get from his quest Book "Foror´s Compendium of Dragon slaying" would have played a role as a key or something like that.

Another thing I got, it sounds stupid... I couldnt find any npc model viewer for 1.12, so i just customized some npc´s (of course not with every texture, only 1k) and two of the models were dragonkin, one that looked more faded than the blue ones in Winterspring for example (could be arcane) and a bronze looking one. I also found an npc with blue shade above the eye hight, so this maybe could have been an idea for one of the dragon aspects or maybe not. [I´ll try to find the Models again and post the Screenshots]

Im not that much of a writer, i hope i gave you something to think about. Btw. a friend helped me with grammar and stuff, thank you Lin and she told me there were other rumors of them both in tbc, but then again, tbc wasnt planned and my theroy is ment to be before tbc.

About the Dargon Mount is left to say that it can slow fall but it cant fly. Someone told me anoter mount shares this model, but i dont know wich one it was.
    Last edited by Davir; 11-14-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Classic Theory! Did Foror go to the Dragon Isles?
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tigole is Jeff Kaplan
    Alex Afrasiabi is Furor
    Nat Pagle is Pat Nagle
    The portals on the world trees were supposed to link to the emerald dream (see john staats' book)
    That icecream exists Tigule and Foror's Strawberry Ice Cream - Item - World of Warcraft
    The mount isn't intended to become available imo, just like tigole's trashbringer.
    Dragon isles are on azeroth, you shouldn't have to take a portal to go there.
    Quel'serrar can be obtained nowadays.

I mean I love theories, but I really believe these are just easter eggs man
    Last edited by Nyarly; 11-14-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Davir's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know about the names and the icecream as well but they didnt play that big of a roll for that theory. I never said that the portals lead to the Dragon Isles "...but what if it was one of these Dream Portals?" and "What cool stuff could we have done there to PREPARE for Dragon Isles..."

I didnt say that Quel´serrar is unobtainable or something, just "MAYBE the "Quel´Serrar" that you get from his quest Book "Foror´s Compendium of Dragon slaying" would have played a role as a key or something like that."

And for my theory you have to forget about future expansions, they werent ment to be, like the video explained, tbc was not planned where my theory takes place. Till they saw the potential it was only little updates that add stuff.

I made a lil writing mistake, thanks for bringing it to my attention, i should add that they lead to the emerald dream, not just call them dream portals.
    Last edited by Davir; 11-14-2018 at 10:02 AM.