0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts around Swift Lovebird

Hey. As you probably know there is a event going on in WoW at the moment, Love is in the Air. At this event you can now obtain a mount, Swift Lovebird, which also is BoU or BoE if you want, which means it can be sold. I've been selling quite a few of these, and been trying to get a stable in-come the last days, but it seems the price is falling enormeously the last days. Have you seen this happen on your server, and do you think stockpiling the mounts until the event is over will earn you more gold? Discuss!

Thoughts around Swift Lovebird
    Aldun's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I might not play wow anymore, but isn't it quite logical the prices will rise insanely a few months after the event?

porphyria's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    price have dropped 75% of my server in 4 days, so stockpile some for selling in a few weeks

Azraeil's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest to wait, i want to sell mine on may since new people will come, a new patch they are saying will come.

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aldun View Post
    Well, I might not play wow anymore, but isn't it quite logical the prices will rise insanely a few months after the event?
    This. When you take away the Supply (I.E being able to buy the mount), the demand rises a lot higher (MOAR GOLD)

Silverstein's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any time ANY event rolls around with a mount you can sell, you're gunna want to keep it until after. Easy supply and demand knowledge. Instead of paying 20k for it now, they can just farm dailies to get it now.. but after they can't get the tokens, so they have to just buy it.

tsofras's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to ask exactly the same , but my question is a little "stupid" !
    We will be able to sell this later right? I mean that it will be still BoE after the Loves in the Air finishes

Laera's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this could be an inflation-safe investment for MoP. As the money in the economy increases, the price of the mounts should increase as well. It's a gamble on the time MoP comes out though, anything later than November and people will just wait for next year's event instead of buying the mount overpriced.

hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1183/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old post but thought I'd put in my opinion here....

You were able to get a great price during the first few days of the event because the laws of demand and supply applied as phantom stated. The price is usually high when the Demand(buyers for this item) outstrips the supply(availability of the item itself), Once the supply increased over the days as people started getting the marks or whatever currency was used to buy this item one of two things happened, the demand decreased or remained stable. If it remained stable then the prices would have flatlined but since it decreased(people already bought it) the prices started falling as a result of people undercutting each other to make a sale.

From a mid to long term investment point of view. I would do a bit more research into the AH of your realm. On my realm for example many people stockpiled this item so I believe it will not act as good an anti-inflation instrument as say a TCG mount come MoP simply because of the large inventories held by people of this item.
    The pattern you've noticed with this item from the Love event is fairly universal when it comes to World event BoE/U items in WoW. Hope that helps as a future reference

Riddero's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny thing actually, right after the love is in the air event was done i had farmed 9 mounts on my server.
    and i got a message that said my gametime expires in 2 hours, so i logged off and watched a movie.
    i was going to quit, but just for fun i checked armory and saw that my main character had been transferred to another server and i was like dafuq
    so i had to buy new month of gameplay to check out what the heck was happening, and i found out that some jerk had hacked my account and sold almost everything except some gems & 2 swift lovebirds

But... i opened a ticket and told GM what have happend, so he first transferred my char back then restored all my items
    and he did restore it, but the funny thing is that i recieved swift lovebird x9 and all my gems aswell, leaving me with 11 birds and 2x the amount of gems i had :P