Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought a character, but now I'm stuck with Customer Support. Any advice?

Hello

I recently purchased a WoW character (on a different site), but I’m now encountering an issue.

The idea was to purchase the character, xfer it to a neutral account that shares a fake last name with the original account, change the fake last to my real last name, and then xfer it to my main account.

[The character is lvl90 and its only interesting attribute is that it has the Duelist achievement from Season 15, and glorious tyranny in its bags (which is redundant).]

The original account has a single letter last name. The neutral one of course has the same one.

I did not forge any documents. I sent Blizzard a name change request explaining (lying about) the situation as innocently as possible and linked various forms of official ID that match my main account’s info.

They’ve responded saying they can’t do anything as there’s a “security concern.”

There’s two main concerns I can see them observing:

The neutral account (and my main) were accessed by a new computer (my Macbook) in a new country while all this went down. I was abroad. I can justify all of this with travel receipts etc. Should be fine.

The other concern is the obvious: where did this character come from? I have absolutely no way to answer this.

Is the former likely their concern?

Or is it the latter? If it’s the latter, do any of you know what to say? If anyone has experience successfully justifying this or getting an account name changed (legally), please let me know.

(I realize this is against ToS, but I’m avoiding actual felonies here. Hence the use of “legally” / “illegally”.)

Bought a character, but now I'm stuck with Customer Support. Any advice?
    Wowcharacters's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DM me, can help