5/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do Scammers get angry when you ban them¿

Let us face it: No matter the precaution, you can always get scammed. I was several times.

Of course you can report them and they get banned, but then they get mad. This thread is to explore their personality.

The first time happened ten years ago. I provided the equivalent of today's token, like buying people pets or mounts or store services for IRL cash in exchange for them giving me gold. I always did my part first to earn customer's trust.
    One guy refused to give gold for a Race Change, so I chargeback the money which locked his character permanently. He got pretty mad at me, but what did he think would happen?

The next one was recent. I gave a supposed booster gold but received no boost nor a refund. Before even making the ticket he messages me out of the blue, saying he got banned because my gold supposedly came from Bots or Russians. He is coming up with askew conspiracy theories about me giving him gold with the sole purpose of reporting him and getting him banned (in addition to hurling profanities).
    Is he some legit paranoid Schizophrenic. Or was it an elaborate ruse to trick trick people like us into believing he is banned already, and thus not report him.

________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________

Is common sense a rare superpower? Do Scammers seriously imagine they can get away with impunity, if you retaliate that would be some undeserved affront against them? We are all no angels here at OwnedCore. Mayhaps you are a Scammer or have met some who are and can provide insight.

Why do Scammers get angry when you ban them¿
    Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Notfincher View Post
    Do Scammers seriously imagine they can get away with impunity, if you retaliate that would be some undeserved affront against them?
    Considering people who scam are probably doing so because they are lazy, or not smart enough to come up with ways to make money / gold / anything else on their own through normal means. Yeah, they probably do think that.

Especially if they've done it a few times with no consequences, and there are now suddenly consequences. Wouldn't surprise me if many are younger or just never really grew up to understand the value of other people's time and money.

Scammers get what they deserve.

3. Thanks Notfincher (1 members gave Thanks to Smitten for this useful post)