0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blizzard Ban methods / Battle.net password changes every time

My legit battle.net account passwords reset automatically from time to time. (those accounts were created about 2 years ago)
    It's quite confusive, because when I had sent a request to support - they answered me to connect authenticator.
    I have done it, but password still resets.

Customer support can't help me at all and provides only vague answers.

I received my last ban of 5 goldselling accounts at US Shadowlands realms about 2 months ago.
    I didn't use bots, sold about 1 million gold for that 1 month (gathered mats) and right after I purchased 5x tokens - accounts were banned

Those accounts were connected to proton emails, and I was really confused when I found out that my protonmails were banned too (reason: "Fraud activity etc"), that's why I couldn't even check the reason of my WoW bans.
    Protonmail support rejected to send me the copy of blizzard email and said that case was solved, good luck. Huh.

Since that ban I receive automatic-password resets.
    I started to think that blizzard banned some of my hardware (or maybe HWID, MAC, IP).

That was my 3rd ban for 5 years of goldselling, but such thing appears first time.

Do they really ban in such way?
    Who can provide some useful information regarding Blizzard ban methods?

What can I do in such situation?
    Buy new PC?

Cheers.

Blizzard Ban methods / Battle.net password changes every time
    Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by VanillaManager View Post
    My legit battle.net account passwords reset automatically from time to time. (those accounts were created about 2 years ago)
    It's quite confusive, because when I had sent a request to support - they answered me to connect authenticator.
    I have done it, but password still resets.

Customer support can't help me at all and provides only vague answers.

I received my last ban of 5 goldselling accounts at US Shadowlands realms about 2 months ago.
    I didn't use bots, sold about 1 million gold for that 1 month (gathered mats) and right after I purchased 5x tokens - accounts were banned

Those accounts were connected to proton emails, and I was really confused when I found out that my protonmails were banned too (reason: "Fraud activity etc"), that's why I couldn't even check the reason of my WoW bans.
    Protonmail support rejected to send me the copy of blizzard email and said that case was solved, good luck. Huh.

Since that ban I receive automatic-password resets.
    I started to think that blizzard banned some of my hardware (or maybe HWID, MAC, IP).

That was my 3rd ban for 5 years of goldselling, but such thing appears first time.

Do they really ban in such way?
    Who can provide some useful information regarding Blizzard ban methods?

What can I do in such situation?
    Buy new PC?

Cheers.
    Yes, Blizzard collect and use data on your hardware, network, and other accounts you have used, to ban you. A new PC won't help you if you also have the same external IP.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

VanillaManager's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    External IP - is that an ip, which I receive from my provider?
    I have dynamic ip, not static.

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    External IP - is that an ip, which I receive from my provider?
    I have dynamic ip, not static.
    If you have dynamic then you're in a much better position.

Vengfull's Avatar War is Coming - Warmonger VPS & Hosting Services
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    162/80
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When a few of the old school OwnedCore OGs got C&D'd by blizzard back in the day we ended up essentially HWID banned it seemed, every account I created following the incident on the same tower or laptops that were commonly used got banned within 30 mins of creation, whether this is still the same case I don't know I've been essentially retired for coming onto 2 years now

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vengfull View Post
    When a few of the old school OwnedCore OGs got C&D'd by blizzard back in the day we ended up essentially HWID banned it seemed, every account I created following the incident on the same tower or laptops that were commonly used got banned within 30 mins of creation, whether this is still the same case I don't know I've been essentially retired for coming onto 2 years now
    Still the same as of 2018.

hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1191/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vengfull View Post
    they gave you ur wifi access back in prison?

Thegoatdealer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this entire situation sounds very shady to tell you the truth.

I feel like we are missing information here. Did you ever dupe items or do anything that would be considered completely against tos? (outside of the rmt)

From my understanding wow does not do HWID bans unless you do some pretty messed up stuff.

Also imo you should not engage in rmt unless you're going to take every necessary step to ensure your safety.

The steps I take are-

never talk about rmt, to literally anyone, ever in game or who knows about your main account.

Always use a vpn.

Never do RMT on your main account.

Never bot- (unless you literally don't care about your accounts)

If you're legitimately getting email bans that sounds like you're scamming people. I'm sorry there is no reason for you to get email bans related to a wow permaban. I've never ever heard of that.

I'm not going to pretend I understand Blizzard's banning methods, but i been playing this game for more than 10 years. I don't remember if I got any bans, pretty sure i haven't but if i were to get banned then that would mean I did something on the extreme side.

I think the ban is only done on the account that the action was performed on. Meaning your other accounts shouldn't get banned.

I only know one person that might of gotten an HWID ban but he was complete scum tbh and deserved it... but i think he still plays wow now so all those bans were because he was rotation botting. which was definitely a thing he did.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Thegoatdealer View Post

I feel like we are missing information here. Did you ever dupe items or do anything that would be considered completely against tos? (outside of the rmt)

From my understanding wow does not do HWID bans unless you do some pretty messed up stuff.

Also imo you should not engage in rmt unless you're going to take every necessary step to ensure your safety.

The steps I take are-

never talk about rmt, to literally anyone, ever in game or who knows about your main account.

Always use a vpn.

If you're legitimately getting email bans that sounds like you're scamming people. I'm sorry there is no reason for you to get email bans related to a wow permaban. I've never ever heard of that.

I'm not going to pretend I understand Blizzard's banning methods, but i been playing this game for more than 10 years. I don't remember if I got any bans, pretty sure i haven't but if i were to get banned then that would mean I did something on the extreme side.

I think the ban is only done on the account that the action was performed on. Meaning your other accounts shouldn't get banned.

I only know one person that might of gotten an HWID ban but he was complete scum tbh and deserved it... but i think he still plays wow now so all those bans were because he was rotation botting. which was definitely a thing he did.
    I have never done any "aggressive" stuff, except selling gold for about 5 years and never discussed RMT things in game (I'm pretty sure).
    When I received ban of my emails I was really disappointed, because such reason as "Scam/Fraud" was very strange.
    Maybe, protonmail determined Ban-Email from blizzard as violating/fraud or smth.

The reason I used protonmails was that gmail requires some additional verifications as phone number connection (I had about 20-30 gmails with different numbers connected back in the days and wanted to try something else).

I can assume that blizzard determined my last 5x bans as botting & auto-hardware abuse (because I have x7 a4tech mouse, which I don't use in order to avoid any violations according to the new Terms & Conditions of Multiboxing).

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it's important, but I never used any vpn when I farmed gold and sold it.
    I used to sell gold from separated account, but received bans of my main and that fake one.

That's why I think, that blizzard just flagged my PC/HWID/IP somehow, but idk really.

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Thegoatdealer View Post

The steps I take are-

Always use a vpn.

It doesn't make a difference if you use a VPN or not. Blizzard collect your PC name, domain name, driver names, device usernames, hardware addresses, running processes, etc (this is also written in the T&C). They use this information to tie together what accounts you have played on, so if they every need to they can ban every single account your device has ever been associated with, and I speak from experience. Obviously there are ways to spoof hardware, but that's a different topic; point being is that as of late, if you do something considerate, Blizzard will ban all the accounts your device has ever been associated with.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In short, all this remains a mystery and no one ever knows exactly how his RMT transactions are tracked by blizzard system.
    (like a lottery)

I just repeatedly met people selling gold directly from a farming mage or other main character, and that embarrassed me.

Thanks for your answers!

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In short, all this remains a mystery and no one ever knows exactly how his RMT transactions are tracked by blizzard system.
    (like a lottery)

I just repeatedly met people selling gold directly from a farming mage or other main character, and that embarrassed me.

Thanks for your answers!
    It's not a mystery, we've just explained how it works. Good luck though