Has anyone playing US retail seen this person offering 2m for GBP Battle.net GCs menu

User Tag List

Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone playing US retail seen this person offering 2m for GBP Battle.net GCs

He claims he's a UK player that can't turn US gold into currency for his EU account.

But has so much of it on US that's basically worthless to him.. but also suspiciously won't go first & risk losing the "worthless" gold.

Wants 3 15 GBP cards in exchange for 2M.

I asked them if they have any accounts here or similar & got a no.. anyone familiar with them ?

On the one hand it seems super scammy but I've seen whomever it is posting occasionally over a long period of time always the same wording in the message but also not like scummy scammy where they just spam all the chat channels non stop on 100 different level 1 accounts.

Next time I see the message I'll screenshot it.

Has anyone playing US retail seen this person offering 2m for GBP Battle.net GCs
    phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't seen this specific scenario but seen stuff very similar, seems to be a fairly common scam tactic

Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by phantom325 View Post
    Haven't seen this specific scenario but seen stuff very similar, seems to be a fairly common scam tactic
    Finally snagged a pic of the guy's post.

They always say this in their offer & I don't see them spamming constantly all day every day which sure could be a tactic too to fly a little more under the radar.

Anyone ever dealt with this person ?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Different name but I have seen almost that same exact message before. I specifically remember the "amazing mindblowing offer" portion because of how silly I thought it sounded

5. Thanks Jaladhjin (1 members gave Thanks to phantom325 for this useful post)
    artemarkantos's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    338/79
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust him ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7. Thanks Jaladhjin (1 members gave Thanks to artemarkantos for this useful post)
    Ashoran's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    416/187
    Trade Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been seeing these every once in a couple of months, always using the same copy/paste text. Don't touch it

9. Thanks Jaladhjin (1 members gave Thanks to Ashoran for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by phantom325 View Post
    Different name but I have seen almost that same exact message before. I specifically remember the "amazing mindblowing offer" portion because of how silly I thought it sounded
    Originally Posted by artemarkantos View Post
    Trust him ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Originally Posted by Ashoran View Post
    I've been seeing these every once in a couple of months, always using the same copy/paste text. Don't touch it
    I was interested in finding out the scam since whomever they were wasn't just spamming consistently from multiple accounts it was every so often the frequency was odd.

I like knowin' stuff though so I wanted to know what their play was.

It's a brain dead basic simple scam though.

They'll tell you they need b.net balance GBP gift cards but their account(s) & all their gold are US so US game time & credit are worthless to them.

They'll offer to let you Teamviewer with them or send screenshots of gold as proof they have it but refuse to go first even though they claim the gold is so worthless it wouldn't be worth their time to scam.. how they can make several million in a day with carries.

If you press they'll give a short story about how they did go first once recently & got burnt so nope never again they won't go first but again.. they make so much gold they wouldn't be wasting their time to scam.. they like to use the phrase they aren't some "clown thief"

If you give them any amount of cards they'll either say they need a few more since they need to do a guild bank & all sorts of transfers to get their gold to you.

If you ask if you can only give them a couple cards for a certain amount of gold then the rest after one successful trade they'll say no because all the movement needs to happen at the same time since that's how they're getting the gold over to trade with you.

If you give them all the cards they'll say okay working on everything I'll let you know when it's all done & you'll have your gold.

They fuck around for awhile & come back to you saying shit.. shit.. fuck.. someone I told to recently but in the past has charged back on me & now my account is short another game card or two worth of balance so it's frozen until I get those.. & of course I can't pay for them myself but I'll add more value onto this mountain of gold promised you've seen exactly 0 of.

So if anyone ever wondered what their specific scam was.. that's it :-)

11. Thanks SenorChang, Ashoran (2 members gave Thanks to Jaladhjin for this useful post)
    Ashoran's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    416/187
    Trade Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaladhjin View Post
    I was interested in finding out the scam since whomever they were wasn't just spamming consistently from multiple accounts it was every so often the frequency was odd.

I like knowin' stuff though so I wanted to know what their play was.

It's a brain dead basic simple scam though.

They'll tell you they need b.net balance GBP gift cards but their account(s) & all their gold are US so US game time & credit are worthless to them.

They'll offer to let you Teamviewer with them or send screenshots of gold as proof they have it but refuse to go first even though they claim the gold is so worthless it wouldn't be worth their time to scam.. how they can make several million in a day with carries.

If you press they'll give a short story about how they did go first once recently & got burnt so nope never again they won't go first but again.. they make so much gold they wouldn't be wasting their time to scam.. they like to use the phrase they aren't some "clown thief"

If you give them any amount of cards they'll either say they need a few more since they need to do a guild bank & all sorts of transfers to get their gold to you.

If you ask if you can only give them a couple cards for a certain amount of gold then the rest after one successful trade they'll say no because all the movement needs to happen at the same time since that's how they're getting the gold over to trade with you.

If you give them all the cards they'll say okay working on everything I'll let you know when it's all done & you'll have your gold.

They fuck around for awhile & come back to you saying shit.. shit.. fuck.. someone I told to recently but in the past has charged back on me & now my account is short another game card or two worth of balance so it's frozen until I get those.. & of course I can't pay for them myself but I'll add more value onto this mountain of gold promised you've seen exactly 0 of.

So if anyone ever wondered what their specific scam was.. that's it :-)
    Thank you for the reply. I would also like to add that there seems to be a "Selling Time Lost Proto Drake" scam where they claim to have the NPC spawned and you just have to pay their alt to get invited to the kill group. Be vary of those too, good luck everyone!

Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ashoran View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I would also like to add that there seems to be a "Selling Time Lost Proto Drake" scam where they claim to have the NPC spawned and you just have to pay their alt to get invited to the kill group. Be vary of those too, good luck everyone!
    Yup yup people do the same with any carry group I've found :-/

Even like Freehold boosts I had 1 person take payment invite a random DH & leave & the DH was like ??? 'cause they were just randomly invited to a group.. kinda clever but scummy @ the same time.

Pretty much boils down to don't pay up front.. get into the instance if you can or as far through the process as possible.

But the scammers will try to stop you from doing that too saying whatever like "no way I'm letting you near the kill you'll just take it & won't pay"

But instance related carries are a small bit easier to work with.. just know what you're buying & ideally be in the instance & see if the people in your group can provide the service they're offering.