Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Blizzard detect MAC address or any Game client ID etc

Hi there,

PREFACE: I don't run or intend to run any scams of any kind. I am a legitimate gold seller.

I will be logging on to my burner account which is managed by my partner who lives in the US (he uses a VPN IP in the same country as me).

I just want to be sure that if I log on in my country (using the same VPN IP he does), can Blizzard detect my physical location in any way.

I will be logging on from the same PC and game client I use for my main account, so obviously I do not want to have any links between my main and the burner account.

Thank you

Can Blizzard detect MAC address or any Game client ID etc
    Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will absolutely use all information available to them to link accounts and identities. There is a lot of fingerprints on your PC that can be used to identify you - not just hardware. Information about your OS, settings, installation logs, file creation times, game install path, game files... this doesn't even scratch the surface. With all of the options used in conjunction with one-another, a good anti-cheat will be able to identify a particular person with 99.99% accuracy.

Specifically, what Blizzard uses to identify you will depend entirely on who you ask. All that anyone could tell you with certainty is that they do. My point is simply that they have a plethora of options at their disposal.

If you want to guarantee that your hardware will not be linked to you, then you'll need fresh hardware and a fresh installation of Windows. This doesn't necessarily mean you'll need to buy a new PC however, you have the options of using a VPS or another service more specifically tailored towards gaming (ie. Shadow PC)

Good luck!

3. Thanks Hazzbazzy, jimmys96, Sadbon (3 members gave Thanks to Jadd for this useful post)
    cooldude77's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate this information.

Thank you

lolp1's Avatar Site Donator CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    43/77
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jadd View Post
    Specifically, what Blizzard uses to identify you will depend entirely on who you ask.
    While it is true short of having direct access to the server-side analytics related code, their standards for positive finger print resulting in bans in terms of accuracy or confidence needed that is the same offending user.. and so on.

With that said, you can certainly find out exactly what information they send back, and then compile a list of all possible ways to modify that information appropriately to appear as a normal unique user. So they might collect 80 entries for example, but you can deduce pretty easily the ones that can actually be used to make a very, very high finger print assessment on your risk warranting manual banning.

My point is simply that they have a plethora of options at their disposal.
    Sure, all of those were just options -- yet I feel the number of ways to ban with high confidence (high enough to perform a ban that is) for a standard GM review is not nearly as high as you think from what they collect. In fact, nearly 80% or perhaps more now of collected info is simply for technical purposes (does their hw support us, etc)

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lolp1 View Post
    Sure, all of those were just options -- yet I feel the number of ways to ban with high confidence (high enough to perform a ban that is) for a standard GM review is not nearly as high as you think from what they collect. In fact, nearly 80% or perhaps more now of collected info is simply for technical purposes (does their hw support us, etc)

Put it this way, they have enough information to tie a PC to an account and thereby identify when a user is changing accounts / PCs.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy