0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GUIDE: How to Prevent Your account from being stolen

Hey yall, i trust u all have heard about people getting keylogged and then all their **** getting sold. Blizzard sends me an ingame mail about it nearly every day, so heres some tips on how to prevent your account from being stolen.

1. Be weary of all downloaded files
    So lets say u log on and see somthing cool in the hacks page, like, get to level 60 in 2 days with this bot. First off, that should throw up some flags, beause there is no way u could do it that fast, but o well. So then your llike o kool, lets download it and run it. Little do you know, this thing has a keylogger, so when u boot up wow, there ya go, its got ur ****, heaven forbid a mmowner would do this, but ya never know. So make sure to virus scan EVERYTHING that you download.

2. Websites
    Many websites run scripts, and with those scripts, can come keyloggers. Be careful of the websites u go to, especially ones ending in .jpg.html and .scr, keyloggers can easily attach themselves to these websites. Also, aparently right now, Worldofwar.net has keyloggers, so becaureful when going there.

3. Make sure to run virus scans often
    Viruses might be on ur computer, and ull have no idea. Its a good idea to run virus scans frequently. Many virus scanning software can even be set to run on a timer. For example, norton anti-virus on my comp runs at 9:00 am, and searches my computer, and normally im not on at 9 so there is no hassle. If you dont have a virus scanning program, use www.virustotal.com , matt posted this before, and it runs several virus scanning programs. I also suggest you get Ad-aware and spybot search and destroy. These all will help prevent getting keylogged

4. Be careful with your password and account info
    So lets say u still need that 2k honor, and u decide to have a guilde or a ingame friend play it. Well you never know, they might just take that account over, and sell your stuff. Be sure you know who ur giving ur account info to, and also make sure u really need to. Also be sure you know your account password question, so u can get ur password back if u need it.

Wow that was a lot, but 3rd guildee got his account taken over that im aware of, so please, besafe, and have fun

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    "If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

GUIDE: How to Prevent Your account from being stolen
    Alkhara Majere's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: GUIDE: How to Prevent Your account from being stolen

Mate, a fine guide for those who are slightly...erm..silly.
    Wrong section though, my nub friend!

<3 Alk

Fault's Avatar Retired Super Moderator

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well guide section is labled for strategy, wouldnt say this has to do with strategy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    "If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

Alkhara Majere's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strategy on not getting your account stolen, imo?
    Weak, but eh...lets let our lovely Mods decide!

Marlo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you download somthing saying "FREE GOLD.exe" or "FREE ******exe" then you deserver to get your ass hacked lol.

Enfeebleness's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you see a program named "FREEGOLD.exe" and you open it expecting free gold, not to be mean but you deserve what ever happens to you

It would be like opening a birthday present that's 8 inches big in a box, expecting a new car, and when you open it it's a bill to last nights dinner.
    -
    You thought it was big and great because you're stupid, only to find out you got owned.