0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for legacy patch installers

Hey guys!
    I hope this is the right place to ask
    Something that made me a bit uncomfortable in the past is the fact that there is no way to get a legitimate 1.12.1 (or 2.x, 3.x, etc) client up and running without having to download a pre-bundled client from a private server - and who knows what they did to that poor client.
    So, for archival reasons I'm looking for legacy patch installation files, specifically those that install from any patch to the last patch in an expansion, i.e.
    1.x -> 1.12.1
    2.x -> 2.4.3
    3.x -> 3.3.5
    4.x -> 4.3.4
    you get the point

Having access to all the installers should solve some of the legitimacy problems. Maybe we can even turn this into a community project

If you have any other patch installers, I'm happy to grab those as well. During my search I've already found quite a few, but most of them are german (deDE) and I'd like to get the english counterparts (either enGB or enUS).
    My intention is to make these installers available to the public after I've checked they work, but I'm still waiting for some ebay auctions to get a few install DVDs as well.

In case you want to cross check (or download the files I have yourself), I've scraped all the patch files from Downloads zu World of WarCraft: Alle Downloads und Videos für PC, Playstation2, Playstation3, XBox, 360, GameCube, Wii, Nintdendo DS und PSP - 4Players.de
    If you have patch files yourself or find a website with some working downloads, please let me know!
    "Threads should always commit suicide - they should never be murdered" - DirectX SDK

Looking for legacy patch installers
    bloodraw08's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    betaarchive.com has a lot of patches

also google search "wowwiki old patch mirror" will bring you to an archive

good luck
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S. Eliot

3. Thanks xalcon (1 members gave Thanks to bloodraw08 for this useful post)
    xalcon's Avatar Contributor ふたなり
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    20/58
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bloodraw08 View Post
    betaarchive.com has a lot of patches

also google search "wowwiki old patch mirror" will bring you to an archive

good luck
    Hey, thanks for your help so far! Sadly, all of the listed old patch mirrors on the wowwiki are either offline or they removed the file. Betaarchive doesnt seem to have any actual patches, just full folder dumps. Some of those will definitely become handy, but it's not exactly what i'm looking for. Still, thank you for that link

In the meantime i was able to find a mirror that still worked with quite a few patches available ("patches-scrolls"), but they mostly had 2.x+ installers and dumps. I'm not sure what patch actually was on the retail CD and DVD boxes, so I'm still looking for patchers that go from 1.x to 1.11.2 or 1.12 (or anything in between)
    "Threads should always commit suicide - they should never be murdered" - DirectX SDK

bloodraw08's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be worth checking eBay for install discs they go cheap and depending when they were released theyll have a different install patch ����
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S. Eliot

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might be of some use to you:
    GitHub - WowDevTools/CASCHost

Edit* Only seems to work for WOD+

Maybe also:
    World_of_Warcraft_Client_and_Installation_Archive directory listing
    Last edited by Hazzbazzy; 10-18-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

7. Thanks xalcon (1 members gave Thanks to Hazzbazzy for this useful post)
    xalcon's Avatar Contributor ふたなり
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    20/58
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bloodraw08 View Post
    Might be worth checking eBay for install discs they go cheap and depending when they were released theyll have a different install patch ����
    Yeah, I've done that already. Still waiting for some old vanilla 1.x CDs to arrive (got baited by a vanilla "DVD" which was from a battlechest and contained patch 3.2 instead of some vanilla 1.x patch >_>). Got everything else up to legion in terms of game CDs. Still missing quite a few patches.

Originally Posted by Hazzbazzy View Post
    This might be of some use to you:
    GitHub - WowDevTools/CASCHost

Edit* Only seems to work for WOD+

Maybe also:
    World_of_Warcraft_Client_and_Installation_Archive directory listing
    Yeah, wow tools only supports CASC based stuff, so everything on wow.tools is WoD+. I've setup my own cdn mirror using the build downloader, so I dont miss out on future patches. Still need to find a way to grab all the old data, maybe I should write marlamin a mail

The archive.org link on the other hand was really useful. I've already downloaded most of it Now i need to sift through all of those files and check if they work and throw away some of the useless archives.