With the Remote Auction House finally deactivated what were it's best exploits? menu

User Tag List

Romath's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    162/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the Remote Auction House finally deactivated what were it's best exploits?

After 8 years both the app version and the web version of the AH were finally closed.

A Blizzard CM actually commented and said one of the main factors for closing it besides how few people used it was because of exploits related to it.

Basically this. The Web/Mobile Auction had a lot more issues with keeping it up than it was really worth for the small amount of players that actually used it. Trying to tackle and fix those issues (for transparency the majority were just exploits) just takes dev time away from working on new content. While it may change in the future, we currently at this time aren't planning to bring this back.
    Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=3#post-41

So I'm curious, how far did these exploits go. What crazy stuff could be done?

With the Remote Auction House finally deactivated what were it's best exploits?
    culino2's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    139/72
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remote AH saying Bye Bye Senpai

There's been another dupe in cata or mop, I don't remember, both addons are garbage and maybe some more stuff that has never seen the public eye. IIRC all you had to do in the old dupe was stay logged in while spaming the buy button in the remote ah.

jaczar's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    144/84
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    think it was during cata because i saw ore drop below one g per before i found out about it. then there were thousands of spectral tigers

Xecis's Avatar Legendary CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    36/113
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back when I released this video:
    RAoV Gold Dupe 10million - YouTube

It was in reference to when my team ran a gold cap dupe via the online AH. It involved us transferring to a new server in game and exploiting it so the server thought we were disconnected, yet we still were connected. This allowed us to spend all of our gold on the online AH, then update our gold in game and relog aka gold cap dupe.

Unfortunately it did not work for duping mounts / items, perhaps if tested more but gold cap was good enough and when you find those exploits you should run it fast before blizzard goes through their logs and patches weird bugs.

Good times, there were a few other weird stuff but never got around to testing it.

Xecis's Avatar Legendary CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    36/113
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zz--------------- ignore duplicate post
    Last edited by Xecis; 04-20-2018 at 10:01 PM.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1138
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Romath View Post
    After 8 years both the app version and the web version of the AH were finally closed.

A Blizzard CM actually commented and said one of the main factors for closing it besides how few people used it was because of exploits related to it.
    Not saying there weren't exploits, there were, but Blizzard blame exploits every time they retire something to prevent a backlash. In the same way governments of whatver ideology make out some bullshit reactionary measure is because of terrorism, drugs etc, when it is usually just because they want more power for themselves.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Not saying there weren't exploits, there were, but Blizzard blame exploits every time they retire something to prevent a backlash. In the same way governments of whatver ideology make out some bullshit reactionary measure is because of terrorism, drugs etc, when it is usually just because they want more power for themselves.
    It's a valid reason (among other reasons) to remove it. Remote AH had potential for lots of exploits. Some which we couldn't seem to replicate (after doing something by accident,) some which we got working consistently, and plenty of ideas how it could be used in conjunction with other exploits.

I'm surprised we didn't get a working item dupe from it, but I'm sure if stuck around while we found other exploits over future patches/expansions it could have been utilised in one way or another. Gold dupes are nice but item dupes are really where the money is.

Romath's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    162/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, a lot of people are reporting that older app versions and older devices can still use the AH via the app. So all they did was remove the button if anyone wants to play around with that.

Edit: Seems to finally have been disabled completely today.
    Last edited by Romath; 04-25-2018 at 10:07 PM.

HUSKY BOOST's Avatar Banned 100% trusted CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    8/29
    Trade Feedback
    344 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Damn, lucky those who had time to dupe items