1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Undo A Level Boost

Hey I just posted a thread about this but did so to the wrong forum, so here it goes.

I recently boosted a character I really regret boosting and I don't know what to do. I've tried reaching out to GMs but I've sent about 20 tickets and none of them have been willing to undo the boost. The only thing I could glean from them is they'd be willing to help me if my account was hacked. What can i do to try and undo this boost? It happened a month ago but I'm still hangin' onto hope.

Undo A Level Boost
    jaczar's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    144/84
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is no legal way to do this. if you refund your form of payment that character or any unlocked content will be relocked. that is a way but i do not recommend it as they can look at it and see that you did it on purpose and could possibly perma ban your account.

3. Thanks CarlMcCarlington (1 members gave Thanks to jaczar for this useful post)
    CarlMcCarlington's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jaczar View Post
    there is no legal way to do this. if you refund your form of payment that character or any unlocked content will be relocked. that is a way but i do not recommend it as they can look at it and see that you did it on purpose and could possibly perma ban your account.
    Honestly man, I'm so attached to that character that I might even be willing to risk a perma-ban. What is it if you don't mind me asking?

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CarlMcCarlington View Post
    Hey I just posted a thread about this but did so to the wrong forum, so here it goes.

I recently boosted a character I really regret boosting and I don't know what to do. I've tried reaching out to GMs but I've sent about 20 tickets and none of them have been willing to undo the boost. The only thing I could glean from them is they'd be willing to help me if my account was hacked. What can i do to try and undo this boost? It happened a month ago but I'm still hangin' onto hope.
    Blizzard historically have claimed to not have the ability to delevel a character. While I believe it's possible to do, there would be a lot of work associated with it; to be honest I doubt they would delevel your character even if your account was hacked. It's not a simple case of changing a value from 100 to X.

Even if you refunded the boost, you would effectively be in debt. When you future purchased a boost it wouldn't be applied to your account, and the character wouldn't be deleveled. I speak from experience on this one.

TLDR: It's not possible via a customer service rep or a refund.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you think would make a GM willing to do it? Should I just be insanely persistent? That's my fallback strategy, I'm never gonna stop fighting for it.

noz1992's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i boosted a warlock but wanted a druid after. i just made a ticket and claimed i boosted my warlock by mistake instead of my druid, they deleted the warlock and gave me the boost to apply to any toon i wanted. just took me 1 ticket and 5 mins talking with gm

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by noz1992 View Post
    i boosted a warlock but wanted a druid after. i just made a ticket and claimed i boosted my warlock by mistake instead of my druid, they deleted the warlock and gave me the boost to apply to any toon i wanted. just took me 1 ticket and 5 mins talking with gm
    This isn't undoing a boost.

What do you think would make a GM willing to do it? Should I just be insanely persistent? That's my fallback strategy, I'm never gonna stop fighting for it.
    Blizzard will flag your account if you persist, and then refuse to answer your tickets. This is also bannable.

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does flagging an account work? They did give me a warning but that's about it. I also tried messaging Alex Afrasiabi on twitter and I'm trying to get some kind of god-help from Blizzard.

Also, I can't find Blizzard support's call line, does that even exist anymore?

Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are very, very, VERY few situations where Blizzard will undo levels, and boost regret is not one of them.

The kind of thing they'd do it for is a mistake on their end. A GM accidentally levelled your twink by going into a new zone and getting discovery XP when fixing a bug on your character that required them to log onto it sort of mistake. Not an "oops, I accidentally leveled my twink", "oh, I wish I didn't level", "damn, I wish I picked a different boost class".

You will, at best, be able to have that character permanently and irrecoverably deleted and given a new boost to use.

Sorry

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does flagging an account work? They did give me a warning but that's about it. I also tried messaging Alex Afrasiabi on twitter and I'm trying to get some kind of god-help from Blizzard.

Also, I can't find Blizzard support's call line, does that even exist anymore?
    In short, if you persist with making repeat tickets Blizzard will refuse to offer you any support, for anything. The call line exists but only for a few ticketing options, normally I use the Account Hacked > Other section to log tickets as you can access any of the 3 contact channels through that.

HUSKY BOOST's Avatar Banned 100% trusted CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    8/29
    Trade Feedback
    344 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't risk with it.