Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do Blizz ban your IP if they ban an account for gold selling?

Basically the title,

I've become unemployed and my wonderful government doesn't feel I need any support financially. I don't really play WoW as much as I used to, but I still do enjoy the game casually. I've always made lots of gold I'm looking to sell and thinking of making a fresh account to do it on. My question is simple, If this new account with a different name/email did get banned. Would blizzard ban my IP and therefore my old account I play legitimately? Or just that single battle/net account?

Do Blizz ban your IP if they ban an account for gold selling?
    smusen's Avatar Elite User Professional Scumbag CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    8/63
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, they don't. The only time they ip/hwid ban is people who create hacks and sell them really. Unless something changed they would never ip/hwid ban for selling gold.

3. Thanks Merixa (1 members gave Thanks to smusen for this useful post)
    Merixa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the information!

ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Gold selling they will IP ban if you're doing it a lot. They even hunted down each toon via mail/trade/guildbank, lost 9 accounts, 7 on unique IP's last month to their increased security.
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

6. Thanks shahinpb (1 members gave Thanks to ev0 for this useful post)
    Boosthive's Avatar Member Elite Boosting Service CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    12/1
    Trade Feedback
    247 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SniffingPickles View Post
    Gold selling they will IP ban if you're doing it a lot. They even hunted down each toon via mail/trade/guildbank, lost 9 accounts, 7 on unique IP's last month to their increased security.
    I know guy who lost 5 accs with full guild banks of spectral tigers (multi boxing, gold selling, bots, cheats etc.)
    Also after that he started to farm mounts for buyers and all buyer accounts was banned. Every account where he login at least once was banned. (it was around 3-4 year ago in MoP). he does not play anymore.
    So only the crazy guys who totally ignoring game rules getting IP bans.

p.s. it's just real history. We didn't work with him
    Last edited by Boosthive; 04-11-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Merixa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm..

See I've recently become unemployed and I don't pass for any benefits form the government to help me while I continue to look for work. I've always been a big gold maker and now have plenty of time to make some and was thinking of selling it to just get me by a little. But I really don't want to lose my main account I play legitimately, and the only connection between the two would be my IP.

Lbniese's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/22
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually you wouldn't get IP Banned, but they tend to perma ban every single acc that has been used with a specific HWID/IP often. That happened to me a few times.

Lonmc98's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Lbniese View Post
    Usually you wouldn't get IP Banned, but they tend to perma ban every single acc that has been used with a specific HWID/IP often. That happened to me a few times.
    But that doesn't make sense to me. Many people who aren't selling gold have more than one WoW account. By your logic Blizz would ban them all for having the same HWID/IP. Or are you only talking about people using multiple Battle.net accounts on the same HWIDs/IPs, not WoW accounts?

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, are we actually talking about IP bans here? You can just change your external IP unless you have an ISP statically assigned one.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

culino2's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    139/72
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SniffingPickles View Post
    Had the same experience in the past, for massive abusage they do ban your ip, newly created accounts will be auto banned within a few hours. If you can't reset your ip use a vpn. If you got a static ip it sometimes help to disconnect your modem for at least 30-60 minutes, but it still depends on your isp.

Scumstation's Avatar Super Moderator ♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    82/165
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Merixa View Post
    Hm..

See I've recently become unemployed and I don't pass for any benefits form the government to help me while I continue to look for work. I've always been a big gold maker and now have plenty of time to make some and was thinking of selling it to just get me by a little. But I really don't want to lose my main account I play legitimately, and the only connection between the two would be my IP.
    Personally it's not worth the hassle in this day and age in WoW, blizz are going all out on gold sellers and botters recently and are showing no signs of stopping, if you are going to farm/sell gold, make sure you don't hold onto it for too long and play smart or you'll just be wasting your time

Brainmanager's Avatar Active Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    3/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont they actually ban IP since most people have dynamic IP adress which means it's shared with others so if they did it would affect others that havent done anything

culino2's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    139/72
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Brainmanager View Post
    i dont they actually ban IP since most people have dynamic IP adress which means it's shared with others so if they did it would affect others that havent done anything
    Would be a simple false positive then, the guy who accidentally got banned just have to write a ticket, the last time I cried about an IP ban they asked for my ID.

sh1ft3r's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have never been ip banned but i also never sold more than 400 bucks a month worth of gold

ur-14's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's pretty clear that an "IP Ban" does not strictly mean banning all accounts being used under that specific IP.
    Nowadays, dynamic IP's and VPN's would make that move extremely improductive and prone to failing.

When talked with other gold sellers, we all agreed (all of us who have suffered big-scale multiaccount bans) that they use some sort of machine-ID-guild fingerprinting to mark offending accounts. So, just changing the IP is just ineffective since you are gonna still be using same machines , or same guilds in-game for storing gold, or other things that Blizzard could have used to mark you.

In the event of a so-called IP ban, best course of action is starting from scratch, including formatting all comps used, new wow installs (downloading from a previously not used blizz account). obviously New IP's, not using same guilds even if it means losing a lot of time and effort.

Being able to determine which ways they use is really complicated, and, so-far, no one has got the answer. They likely use a mixture of several comp IDs and fingerprints to mark accounts; changing one of them is just not enough , if any of the chosen methods is unchanged, new accounts will still be flagged upon creation.

And yes, IP bans are a thing, though only reserved to gold sellers and big-time botters.
    Last edited by ur-14; 01-01-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast