0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banwave 10/05-07 (Maybe)

In the Glider Forums its stated that a banwave is currently progressing through the US Servers, but its not sure if it is a banwave or just a pile of player reports stacked. but here are some quotes from Mercury and other people.
    Ocktra said:

Please keep all discussion related to the 10/05/2007 ban wave in this thread, thank you.
    Discussions about third party programs to Glider is the cause of this banwave

Mercury:

It's definitely possible that tools other than Glider were detected, although we have a long way to go before reaching that conclusion with any certainty. Things outside of Glider are definitely much more detectable, of course, because they're not handled by the Shadow driver.

The packet sniffing verbiage is quite interesting. Glider does not "packet sniff" in any respect - I don't know a thing about the protocol between the client and server. I wouldn't know a game packet if it bit me in the ass. (although it's starting to feel like one has...)

Glider simply reads the game state from the game to find your health, nearby monsters, etc. There's never interception of a packet or other action at the network level.
    Is it sure its a banwave?
    Mercury:

And, as phelon mentioned, I'm not sure it's a ban wave. It could be a pile of reports saved up. It could be other apps. Or it could be a huge detection of Glider and this is a test sample and the real wave is next week.

I just wanted to make it clear that all options are open still. It doesn't feel like software detection at this point, but it still could be - or it could be any number of things. So before yelling at anyone's guesswork, keep in mind that at this early point in gathering information, guesswork is all we have.
    Why hasnt Mercury flipped the switch if iits a banwave ( Meaning he disables glider)

Mercury:

Once I think there's some software detection going on, I'll be on that switch fast. But I don't want to hit it unless I have reason to believe it's there.

If anything, hasty action on that may itself create detection... at least in my paranoid mind, so we have to be careful about yanking the rug out.
    Hamut said something intressting:

I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people. Not looking like software (Glider) as a lot of people got 2-3 day suspensions along with their bans (on different accounts). Seems like wow is treating server side detection much like they do software (ban waves). 3rd Party apps could be part of the problem, but I imagine this is a big mix of 3rd party junk apps- reported - other stuff.
    Merc and I are on it 24/7 so we will let you know if we find anything else interesting.
    My Opinion:

there are shitloads of botters atm stilll without bans even some using third party software to glider. like Glidermonkey, Botthershaven, and so on without bans.

And also this shit will reach EU no matter what. if us gets targeted then Eu will be targeted aswell
    I Would say keep low.

I will post when its safe again, because so far I wont glide, meaning my warlock wont hit 70 this week ;(.

Flame On!
    The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for.
    Oscar Wilde

Banwave 10/05-07 (Maybe)
    kookoo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Banwave 10/05-07 (Maybe)

Havent found any new news. will report back later.
    The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for.
    Oscar Wilde

cringenyc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i lost two accounts in the 'banwave'.

Scrubs's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

phew, not hit.