New WotLK Screens, 2.3 Alterac Valley Changes, Death Knight, New Meta Gem, 2.2.3 menu

User Tag List

hutchkitch's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New WotLK Screens, 2.3 Alterac Valley Changes, Death Knight, New Meta Gem, 2.2.3

Hey all,

I have been looking at some other forums and found this information at Worldofraids forums :: New WotLK Screens, 2.3 Alterac Valley Changes, DK, 2.2.3.

This is just a copy / Paste from this forum - I am not claiming anything as mine, its just for you to look through and discuss. I feel the DK and AV info may cause some debates

New Wrath of the Lich King Screenshots

Two new screenshots of Wrath of the Lich King were added to the official site.

***I cannot seem to get the links to copy over....? Can anyone help with this?***

Daily Blue

Alterac Valley Changes for Patch 2.3 (Source)

As a continuing part of our improvements, we will be implementing the following changes in the next patch.

Strategy can be an important element of any battleground. We want to emphasize this in Alterac Valley more and give players additional meaning to both defending and attacking. To push the strategic element of the battleground to the next level we have changed how players maintain their reinforcements or deprive the other team of theirs.

Each team will have a starting reinforcement count. Reinforcements can be lost in significant amounts if a tower is destroyed or if Captain Galvangar or Belinda Stonehearth is killed. For each team member death, an additional reinforcement will be lost. On the death of General Drek’Thar or Vanndar Stormpike, all reinforcements are lost and the team is defeated. At any point in time, if a team is reduced to zero reinforcements, the opposing team will win the battle. Defending your own teammates, towers, and key NPCs will be an important aspect of maintaining team resources and achieving victory in Alterac Valley.

Warmasters can be the boon or the bane of any team. They are an important element for the defense of your general or the defeat of the opposing general. Warlords and their general will be more closely linked in the next patch. Pulling one is a guarantee the other will come as well. Each team begins with four Warmasters. Destroying a tower will eliminate the associated Warmaster. Unlike the current game play, however, destroying the enemy tower will not add a Warmaster to your own side.

We will be changing the pace of the battle slightly with a reduction in the time needed to control a tower or graveyard. Where it currently takes five minutes to gain control, the time will be reduced to four minutes. The honor for capturing a tower will also be increased.

Graveyards can be an important resource for getting your teammates back into the battle more quickly. Currently, players can sometimes be sent to their starting tunnels far from the battlefront. This can often be an inconvenient location to respawn and more out of the way from the action than we would like, to correct this, players will instead respawn at a team-controlled graveyard. Should the team not have a graveyard under their control, they will respawn in the starting tunnel.

Players will only be awarded bonus honor during the battle for destroying enemy towers and slaying the enemy Captain. Once the battle is concluded, bonus honor will be awarded for intact towers, a surviving Captain, and for victory in battle. The bonus honor awarded should be similar to previous totals, but will reward players for taking more active roles in Alterac Valley toward defending or attacking key locations and NPCs.

Lastly, we are changing NPC interactions within Alterac Valley. We have reduced the number of elite NPCs in Stormpike and Frostwolf holds as well as sent all Commanders and Lieutenants out of Alterac Valley. They are currently in search of other battle opportunities. This should reduce the amount of NPCs that players will have to fight and place more focus on PvP combat over key locations on the map.

Strategy is the name of the game in Alterac Valley, and these changes will bring out the need for more teamwork and coordination from both the Horde and the Alliance as they vie for domination of this battleground.

Patch 2.3: Explanations on Tactical Mastery Change (Source)

I look at it like this: we took a talent that was very desirable to Fury and Arms warriors, but not quite desirable enough for them to take, made it more desirable and gave it a reason to be in the Protection tree.

Stance dancing always has been important to PvE and will become more so for Alliance players with the change to Fear Ward so while the talent is very useful in PvP I think it's wrong to call it a PvP talent per se.

Bear in mind though that none of these changes are set in stone and we will want to see how everything pans out on the PTR before any changes go live, but personally, I think it would be nice to see a bit more experimentation and variety in PvP builds.

Patch 2.3: New Meta Gem for casters (Source)

At this point it seems apparent that despite what you stated after the patch 2.1.3, the Relentless Earthstorm Diamond (RED) wasnt intended for casters after all.
    Pretty simple question...
    Blizzard do you plans to change this and make a similar caster meta gem ? 12 int and 3% increased crit damage for example ?

I'm not sure I know what was stated, but you're right, it really wasn't intended for casters. Unless you love agility.
    Yes, we do plan to make a meta gem that fills that gap.

WotLK: The unlock for the Death Knight will be account wide (all realms/factions) (Source)

We would like to make the "unlock" for the Death Knight account wide. It seems kind of pointless to make players do it again and again for realms or factions, but keep in mind that all answers you get are subject of change.

05/10 Brewfest bugs fixed (Source)

Good news folks, you should now be able to do the Barking quest!
    Additionally, some players had issues with apple crates not removing their ram's fatigue debuff; this should now also be fixed.

PTR: Reason behind patch 2.2.3 (Source)

Some bugs have varying impact. There are performance related issues in 2.2.0 that are adversely impacting people on lower end single processor systems, and there are a lot of those people playing the game. We've made a decision to address those issues as quickly as possible.

PTR: No premades/auth server update for 2.2.3 (Source)

There will be NO PREMADES for 2.2.3 Don't even post about it, anything you have to say about premades I've read before...

There will be no authentication server update for 2.2.3. This means...
    If you have changed your password since July you may not be able to log into the test realms.
    If your account was inactive or banned in July you may not be able to log into the test realms.
    If you use pre-paid cards to fund your account you many not be able to log into the test realms.
    We expect the next Authentication update to be immediately prior to 2.3

New feature on WoW official forums: poll system (Source)

Welcome to our first test of the World of Warcraft polling system! With this new poll system we’ll be able to pick the collective brains of the forum goers, and encourage discussion based on the questions they pose. While we're pretty sure that they won't always be accurate, it will hopefully still be a lot of fun. With our first poll we’re asking you, the poster, the controversial and highly debated, discussed, and argued question:

Does .999~ = 1?

While we already have some great poll questions all lined up, we need more! Offer us your best questions for future polls. These can be yes/no or multiple choice, and if we like it, you may just find your poll up here in the weeks and months ahead.

New WotLK Screens, 2.3 Alterac Valley Changes, Death Knight, New Meta Gem, 2.2.3
    Notahax's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    7/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New WotLK Screens, 2.3 Alterac Valley Changes, Death Knight, New Meta Gem, 2.2.3

Lol all copied and pasted from www. mmo - champion .com. Sorry but no credit on me if you want news go to www. mmo - champion .com
    -

Awesomesauce231's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New WotLK Screens, 2.3 Alterac Valley Changes, Death Knight, New Meta Gem, 2.2.3

Originally Posted by Notahax View Post
    Lol all copied and pasted from www. mmo - champion .com. Sorry but no credit on me if you want news go to www. mmo - champion .com
    Hurr 6):

depset's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Notahax View Post
    Originally Posted by hutchkitch View Post

This is just a copy / Paste from this forum - I am not claiming anything as mine, its just for you to look through and discuss. I feel the DK and AV info may cause some debates

New Wrath of the Lich King Screenshots
    No need to flame. you couldve just said the info is also on mmo-champ front page......
    meanie
    Last edited by depset; 10-05-2007 at 04:15 PM.