0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoW-Error since modelediting

Since i followed the Model Editing Guide "Over 70 Race Conversions" i cannot log into WoW anymore.

I get one of the following:

a) WoW starts, but when i log in it says it cant verify my Game Version and then closes

b) I get this Error (#131)

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #131 (0x85100083) File Corrupt
    Program: Z:\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
    File: DBFilesClient\AreaTrigger.dbc

Any Help would be greatly appreciated (Ive done everything that Blizz says i should, to no avail)

Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by Powsmowl; 10-04-2007 at 11:04 AM.

WoW-Error since modelediting
    Dragon[Sky]'s Avatar Anti-social Engineer
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: WoW-Error since modelediting

File: DBFilesClient\AreaTrigger.dbc

...? Why would a race swap contain that?
    Anyway, use a model edit fix.
    If that is not your problem, Repair.exe is your friend.

AggramarEU's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only thing i could find thats got something to do
    with this is this(from Are you receiving Error #131 while playing the game? Support Home)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Are you receiving Error #131 while playing the game?

If you are experiencing corrupt data files you may receive errors during play such as the following (the 'File' field may vary):
    ERROR #131 (0x85100083)
    Program: C:Program FilesWorld of WarcraftWoW.exe
    File: Datamodel.MPQ
    File corruption may be due to several factors such as :
    - Processor deficiency, overclocking or overheating
    - Ram deficiency or overclocking
    - Hard drive deficiency
    - Old drivers for your hardware
    - Power supply problems. A bad electrical adapter to supply power to peripherals on your PC may imply errors
    We have a repair utility that can check your files and replace corrupted files as well. The utility is specific to the game version and a new file is generally up within a few days of a new patch. You can get the latest version available here http://www.wow-europe.com/shared/wow-com/downloads/tools/repair.zip
    If that does not correct it, uninstall the game with the official uninstaller. Completely delete the game directory from your system.
    Next, run a full scandisk and disk defragmentation on the drive you wish to reinstall the game to, by following these steps:
    1) Double-click "My Computer"
    2) Right-click your hard drive and choose "Properties"
    3) Click the "Tools" tab
    4) Run the Error Check as well as the Defrag options
    When the above is done, reinstall the game. Be sure not to install any third-party programs or interface modifications of any kind.
    If you continue to encounter corrupted data files after reinstalling your game, then they can be caused by the following things:
    1. The data on the CDs was corrupt to begin with (damaged CD). This is not as likely if you were able to install the game with no errors.
    2. The data did not install correctly (CD-ROM issue).
    3. The data installed to a sector on your hard drive that cannot be read, or is otherwise damaged (hard drive issue).
    4. The data installed fine but corrupted over time (usually virus related or due to data being changed by third-party programs).
    The solutions below can be used to correct these types of problems:
    1. Damaged Disc - Try the disc on a different computer, this will usually identify if the disc is bad or not. If the disc is damaged, please contact us for replacement information.
    2. Try installing the game using different CD ROM or DVD drive.

3. Hard Disk – try performing running a 'chkdsk' command. To do this, open an ms-dos command prompt window by clicking 'Start', then 'Run', and typing in 'CMD' (without quotes). In the Window, switch drives to the hard drive in question ('c:' for example), and type 'chkdsk' (again, without quotes).
    Also, note that some of our customers have reported that hard drives larger than 127 gigabytes in size can have issues with corrupt files if you do not have the latest Windows Updates from this site:
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
    We recommend that you read all the documentation that came with your hard drive (or system, if it came included with one). Many manufacturers have special instructions necessary for proper use of 48-bit Large Block Addressing on hard drives larger than 127 gigabytes. You may also want to try install the game to a different directory on your hard drive.
    4. Please check your system for Viruses. It is also suggested that you run a full adware/spyware scan.

CPU Stress Test
    Proceed to a Stress Test of your processor in order for you to check if it generates any error (you may find many free downloadable software on the internet designed for that purpose). If it is overclocked, please restore it to its default manufacturer settings. You may use Prime95 to stress your processor. To use Prime 95, please follow these steps:

- Download the software on http://mersenne.org/gimps/p95v238.exe (right click to save as)
    - Install the software in your directory by default, C:Program FilesPrime95
    - When the software launches, select "Just stress testing"
    - Select "Options menu" then « Torture Test »
    - In the next window, please select the option "In place large FFTs" in order for you to test the overheating and power supply of your processor when your PC is working to its fullest.
    - Click OK to start the test
    Please do not work on your PC and be sure you have no third-party utilities or programs running in the background while running Prime95.

RAM Test
    Doing a scan of the computer's physical memory can help you identify RAM problems which could also cause this sort of corruption. We are tentatively recommending users try memory scan utilities such as the Windows Memory Diagnostic, available directly from Microsoft:
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp and http://www.memtest86.com/memt32.zip
    Power Supply Test
    This can seem a more complicated test as it may depend on the amount of your peripherals and your system. If you are using a 500 W adapter, you shouldn’t encounter any problems. If you are using 200-250 W, you may want to try using a more powerful adapter if possible. If you are in no position to do so, you may want to try to switch off some peripherals that are not needed for the game (CD/DVD-Rom, Uneed PCI card, etc..) in order to reduce the power supply of your PC.
    We recommend the extended test suite, which takes the longest time to run but is the most thorough test suite available with this tool.
    Please be sure you have no third-party utilities or programs designed to interact with the game in any way.
    Please keep in mind that all these steps are here to help identify the source of the problem, they are unfortunately not correction solutions for the game. Should any of these steps help you fix the problem, you can identify which hardware material on your PC may be deficient.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hope this helps!
    EDIT= DIDNT SEE THAT U SAID THAT YOU HAVE TRYED WHAT BLIZZARD SAID , bu anyhow you might have missed this
    Last edited by AggramarEU; 10-04-2007 at 12:09 PM. Reason: read bottem of post

Remahlól's Avatar !!jeULyJf8ld1
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried to remove all your modeledits and run WoW properly with the normal WoW.exe?
    19/5/2013

Powsmowl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the replies, but i fixed it. I have the WoW CDs copied onto my external HDD cause i format often and the cds pissed me off, so i just let the 4th BC CD run and now it works fine

brutal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im getting error :

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #131 (0x85100083) File Corrupt
    Program: D:\games\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
    File: Character\Scourge\Female\ScourgeFemale.m2

"Have you tried to remove all your modeledits and run WoW properly with the normal WoW.exe?"

yeah i have ... it´s like i ****ed up the default file or something ;/

I can log on with the Worgen mpg by editing Config.wtf and deleting the server info (so i get the option to choice what server im gonna log on) and when i have the servers in front of me i press "Home" and i can play .... but when i wanna play the game with out model changes ... i cant play my delault ScourgeFemale

Kyiz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH GOD, its the dreaded ERROR 131, has nothing to do with model edits, you probably just need to update your Video card. thats how i fixed my error, and so did several friends

Flying Piggy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try deleting your WTF and interface folder, then call Blizzard support if that doesn't fix your problem - Blizzard
    Use the repair tool, if that doesn't work then just re-install WoW but backup your WTF and interface folder first - Piggy

Nugma's Avatar Field Marshal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patching while having edits on = bad.

brutal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ait .... thanks for the help guys, just wished that there where something else that i could have done beside reinstalling the game (since that takes 1000hrsss)
    gonna get some coffie and start this shizzle
    +rep for yaa