Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long does it take to get banned for selling gold?

A month ago I've decided to quit WoW and decided to sell all my gold. I had about 2m gold. Contacted several buyers that I found on this website, over a week sold them all my stock. I've made about 30-40 trades total with different gold seller's characters on different realms.

A month later my account is still not banned. Subscription expired, but account is fine. So what's going on? GMs don't care or are they really that bad at catching gold sellers/buyers?

I'm playing on EU realms. My account is very old with history of trading large amounts of gold (legitimately - mostly buying/selling expensive mounts).

How long does it take to get banned for selling gold?
    Nikentic's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    10/4
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was into gold selling business for 2-3 years on my current account. Probably 500+ transactions, still haven't gotten either temp/perma banned. Tho I had an alternative account that got banned a few days after its first trade, so I guess I am just being lucky!

From what I've noticed it's all about if you trade with shady buyers. If they get banned for hacking/botting etc, the effect might go down the chain and run into you. Been noticing this more than a few times. There's no proof of it, of course, but I guess it makes sense.

Citrus Eclipse's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    depends on your methods

elMonstro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for replies.
    Originally Posted by Citrus Eclipse View Post
    depends on your methods
    I've sold almost all of it to gold sellers. Trade was done face to face: my bank alt (ranging from level 2 to 90, depending on realm) to buyer's level 1-3 alt that has random name. Few times I've mailed gold directly to trader's client.

All that gold was earned without botting by crafting and selling mounts, gems and enchants. The only fishy part of it was prospecting ore that I've automated using AppleScript.

timebandit1's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i sold to some guys (mmopawn?) for a month or two and didn't get banned.
    however at one point i made a trade w/ the wrong character (scammed!), and at another point had some trouble getting paid for a particularly large amount of gold.

the gold came from a variety of places. some was legit, but some was from Nesox's Mr Fishit (I got banned once over a service ticket but got my account back after whining about the dead server) bot, and some was from borrowed guild banks if you know what i mean.

i think my main account dabbled in quite a few gold sales and was never to my knowledge flagged for it.

the characters have lots of achievements etc and the account is from vanilla wow, and the worst ban i've gotten was not for fishbot or gold sales but actually because i used a track hack on Easter. lol

i,e, the GMs now might be more worried about quality control of world events than what ur mailbox is doing.
    "As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourishes. But the wind passes over, and soon all disappears; and his place will no more exist."